Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How do you sleep?

I go through bouts of insomnia. Last month I couldn’t sleep for three days. Finally passed and I’m doing better but lack of sleep is a mofo. I hope you are all sleeping well

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How do you sleep?

Never ever slept well, if I get up at 4am I know I will not be able to get back to sleep.

It does eventually catch up with you and you do get 1 good night sleep.

The way to get a good night sleep is to get up early and work out physically hard with no naps throughout the day.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sleep really poorly , hence why I look like an old bastard.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have very detailed dreams. Most of the time I know I'm dreaming and it screws it up but I get to see people who are no longer here. Physically I sleep like a rock, save for when my cat puts her hairy arse in my face trying to get comfortable. If no fan is running there is no sleeping.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Have very detailed dreams. Most of the time I know I'm dreaming and it screws it up but I get to see people who are no longer here. Physically I sleep like a rock, save for when my cat puts her hairy arse in my face trying to get comfortable. If no fan is running there is no sleeping.

Do you have the ability to remove yourself from a dream if you don't like what's going on?

Doesn't happen all the time... but I swear I've had dreams where it starts out I'm the main character and then all of a sudden I'm just a third-party observer. Probably saying..... poor dude!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I sleep really poorly , hence why I look like an old bastard.
    I sleep really well, still look like an old bastard.

If Julian Jackson ever hit Amir Khan, thats how fast I fall asleep.

Apparently sleep is all mental. You 'could' physically recover from your days endeavours by lying still, no need to actually go to sleep at all. When you sleep, you filter all of your thoughts for the day, delete some and save some to memory. Again I'm not sure about that. If that were the case I'd need about 90 seconds of sleep per day.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Do you have the ability to remove yourself from a dream if you don't like what's going on?

Doesn't happen all the time... but I swear I've had dreams where it starts out I'm the main character and then all of a sudden I'm just a third-party observer. Probably saying..... poor dude!
    Basically sort of remind myself I'm dreaming but always from own pov. Was at Harrah's and hit a 5k pot..then literally told myself dude..it's a dream. Talk about self sabotage . Tons of flashback dreaming this year, family and places lived but thankfully not some nightmare shat. Still though doesn't seem 'healthy' the mind looking 'back' so much but experiences and subconscious mind stay on 24-7 I suppose.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I go through bouts of insomnia. Last month I couldn’t sleep for three days. Finally passed and I’m doing better but lack of sleep is a mofo. I hope you are all sleeping well
    Yup. I had that before. Are you under stress? Is the bedroom hot? Is your bed in good condition? All of these things plus what you may be eating could be a result of your insomnia.

Try this, don't eat anything for 3 hours before bed and ONLY cold water or a refreshing cup of tea. Turn off all of the sounds and television and keep your handset/cellular phone far away from you and turn it off if you have to.

Nowadays the glare when we pick up our cellular phone, even if only for a bit, disturbs our mind and keeps us up and turns our brains on when we should be giving our body and brain rest.

Also, sleep flat on your back and try to fall asleep like that. No sleeping pills, booze or drugs... Just try to fall asleep the natural way.

Hope any of this helps!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Booze made it really easy to sleep plenty for a long time. Quitting when you've been going hard makes it hellish trying for quite a while, but when you do finally sleep the dreams are off the hook. A while back I had such vivid dreams I couldn't believe they hadn't actually happened. Remember wading through a lake in some exotic paradise with a harem of women, petting what looked like giant bird-like dinosaurs and taking tonnes of pictures on my phone, then woke up suddenly and ran to the other room where my phone was charging to look at them, and I started crying when I realized they weren't on there, fucking batshit. There is a supplement called ZMA I used to take which also did seem to really help me fall asleep and produce vivid dreams , couldn't find it anywhere recently so ordered a bunch online. Strenuous exercise earlier in the day is also a pretty good insurance you'll sleep better than otherwise.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Booze made it really easy to sleep plenty for a long time. Quitting when you've been going hard makes it hellish trying for quite a while, but when you do finally sleep the dreams are off the hook. A while back I had such vivid dreams I couldn't believe they hadn't actually happened. Remember wading through a lake in some exotic paradise with a harem of women, petting what looked like giant bird-like dinosaurs and taking tonnes of pictures on my phone, then woke up suddenly and ran to the other room where my phone was charging to look at them, and I started crying when I realized they weren't on there, fucking batshit. There is a supplement called ZMA I used to take which also did seem to really help me fall asleep and produce vivid dreams , couldn't find it anywhere recently so ordered a bunch online. Strenuous exercise earlier in the day is also a pretty good insurance you'll sleep better than otherwise.
    P4p you gave up John Barleycorn? Good for you. Me miles and my man tits were gonna head to the great white north to do an intervention. I’m proud of you pal

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    P4p you gave up John Barleycorn? Good for you. Me miles and my man tits were gonna head to the great white north to do an intervention. I’m proud of you pal
    I give it up all the time, sometimes for like a whole week. If you and Miles Had the intention of meeting me at the same time perhaps I could finally bring myself to go on the bender that truly ends me. More likely I then wouldnt have enough peace to go out that way and a double murder suicide would be on the cards.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like a baby. Put my head down and am gone.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information