Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 133 of 133

Thread: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,962
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    378
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    https://www.boxingscene.com/erik-mor...edium=facebook

    Here’s another article that @TitoFan will love. It’s basically Erik Morales saying that Canelo always fights everyone past their best and that the fans see that.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,706
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    245
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Had anyone else heard about a 185 rehydration clause for this fight? @TitoFan will love this.

    You guessed correctly.

    Here's a link. https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41083295-4

    "Canelo vs. Kovalev has rehydration clause in contract"



    I don't love it, but fully expected it. In fact, I was surprised something like that hadn't come up to this point. After all..... what's a Canelo fight without some kind of weight-related clause stacking the odds in his favor?

    Which is why I stand by my opinion that Canelo is one of the most, if not THE most handfed, coddled, overrated, pre-anointed fighter in the history of the sport.

    The Franchise Champion tag was created specifically for Canelo. What other fighter can claim an "honor" like that?

    So that's right. Hobble the already ripe-for-the-picking Kovalev (the poor fool) by putting a shackle on how weight he can regain.

    If I was Kov I'd say fuck it..... show up at whatever weight I want..... and knock Canelo's ginger locks off his shoulders.
    Yea I'm pretty disappointed, I'm impressed it was kept quiet this long. I'm sure team Canelo was saying there was no weight restrictions (although I could be wrong).

    I agree with you Tito, Kovalev should just blow it off, pay the fine, if he wins it's all gravy.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-02-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    They live, We sleep

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,962
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    378
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Had anyone else heard about a 185 rehydration clause for this fight? @TitoFan will love this.

    You guessed correctly.

    Here's a link. https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41083295-4

    "Canelo vs. Kovalev has rehydration clause in contract"



    I don't love it, but fully expected it. In fact, I was surprised something like that hadn't come up to this point. After all..... what's a Canelo fight without some kind of weight-related clause stacking the odds in his favor?

    Which is why I stand by my opinion that Canelo is one of the most, if not THE most handfed, coddled, overrated, pre-anointed fighter in the history of the sport.

    The Franchise Champion tag was created specifically for Canelo. What other fighter can claim an "honor" like that?

    So that's right. Hobble the already ripe-for-the-picking Kovalev (the poor fool) by putting a shackle on how weight he can regain.

    If I was Kov I'd say fuck it..... show up at whatever weight I want..... and knock Canelo's ginger locks off his shoulders.
    It always comes back to the same thing. Canelo is a very good fighter. The problem is that there are at the very least 7-8 fighters (if not at least a few more) right now that could be more impressive if they got the same push and the same advantages as Canelo.

    I mean look at his countryman Estrada who we are talking about in another thread. I think that Estrada has a better resume and has been as at least as impressive without anywhere near the push. He just isn’t a big name because he’s a small fighter so he gets pushed to the side.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-02-2019 at 07:40 AM.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    https://www.boxingscene.com/erik-mor...edium=facebook

    Here’s another article that @TitoFan will love. It’s basically Erik Morales saying that Canelo always fights everyone past their best and that the fans see that.

    You know what Canelo defenders are going to say, right? They're going to accuse Morales of sour grapes. It's so obvious the "go-to" defense. Yet Morales is hardly the only past Mexican great who has criticized Canelo and how he has conducted his career. None other than Julio Cesar Chavez had harsh things to say about Canelo a long time ago. He could see the whole Hollywood production coming a mile away.

    On another note, good on you guys (you and Alpha) for thinking of Canelo's biggest "fan" when stuff like this comes out. The news about the rehydration clause is truly a gem. Yes, @Alpha ....... I'm surprised this was relatively kept under wraps till now. Obviously they know how the news of it is going to come across, so it's the type of thing you sort of sweep under the rug until it's absolutely necessary to mention it.

    BTW, who are the judges? CJ Ross and who else?

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,658
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Had anyone else heard about a 185 rehydration clause for this fight? @TitoFan will love this.

    You guessed correctly.

    Here's a link. https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41083295-4

    "Canelo vs. Kovalev has rehydration clause in contract"



    I don't love it, but fully expected it. In fact, I was surprised something like that hadn't come up to this point. After all..... what's a Canelo fight without some kind of weight-related clause stacking the odds in his favor?

    Which is why I stand by my opinion that Canelo is one of the most, if not THE most handfed, coddled, overrated, pre-anointed fighter in the history of the sport.

    The Franchise Champion tag was created specifically for Canelo. What other fighter can claim an "honor" like that?

    So that's right. Hobble the already ripe-for-the-picking Kovalev (the poor fool) by putting a shackle on how weight he can regain.

    If I was Kov I'd say fuck it..... show up at whatever weight I want..... and knock Canelo's ginger locks off his shoulders.
    Yea I'm pretty disappointed, I'm impressed it was kept quiet this long. I'm sure team Canelo was saying there was no weight restrictions (although I could be wrong).

    I agree with you Tito, Kovalev should just blow it off, pay the fine, if he wins it's all gravy.
    His anointing on high goes all the way back to the Trout fight. Before that actually but the trout fight said it all
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-02-2019 at 07:40 AM.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,714
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3149
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Had anyone else heard about a 185 rehydration clause for this fight? @TitoFan will love this.

    You guessed correctly.

    Here's a link. https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41083295-4

    "Canelo vs. Kovalev has rehydration clause in contract"



    I don't love it, but fully expected it. In fact, I was surprised something like that hadn't come up to this point. After all..... what's a Canelo fight without some kind of weight-related clause stacking the odds in his favor?

    Which is why I stand by my opinion that Canelo is one of the most, if not THE most handfed, coddled, overrated, pre-anointed fighter in the history of the sport.

    The Franchise Champion tag was created specifically for Canelo. What other fighter can claim an "honor" like that?

    So that's right. Hobble the already ripe-for-the-picking Kovalev (the poor fool) by putting a shackle on how weight he can regain.

    If I was Kov I'd say fuck it..... show up at whatever weight I want..... and knock Canelo's ginger locks off his shoulders.
    Yea I'm pretty disappointed, I'm impressed it was kept quiet this long. I'm sure team Canelo was saying there was no weight restrictions (although I could be wrong).

    I agree with you Tito, Kovalev should just blow it off, pay the fine, if he wins it's all gravy.
    If true, that is absolutely disgusting as per usual with that little fraud.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-02-2019 at 07:41 AM.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,714
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3149
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Actually, hearing that makes me think about a recent interview where Kovalev appeared to be a bit cagey talking about size and weight advantages. If this is so, then it is a manipulated fight and against someone who fought very recently. That PLUS a weight clause.....Well.....

    Still, hope Canelo gets battered, but that does make you realize it was a very calculated move as always. Some people were just thinking Kov was old, but certainly not handicapped by contractual stipulations.

    It makes the fight less interesting.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,706
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    245
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    I feel a little ripped off. I put money on Kovalev when the odds first came up. I probably would have still bet Kovalev at 5/1, but intitially this rehydration clause wasn't mentioned. Now that it has come to light, my bet doesn't feel as juicy/ solid as I first considered.
    They live, We sleep

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tsurui, Iya Valley, Shikoku, Japan
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    40
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Canelo has difficulty stopping best middleweight fighters

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    369
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    301
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    If Canelo eat his spinach , he'll be fine.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,073
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    431
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Kov has that persistent and ram rod jab that can win him the fight. He uses it far more now than his big right hand now and is the bigger man so he may not get knocked out.

    Is this fight going to happen now? I thought Kov turned it down.
    Cash out fight for Kovalev. Funnily enough , very similar to last night but with a very different outcome.
    Kovalev will keep Canelo at bay early on , and probably put rounds in the bank but will tire down the stretch and when Canelo gets his opportunity , he will take it with both hands. Depends how long it takes Kovalev to tire. Could be the 6th if Canelo walks him down, but he might take some heavy artillery, or if Canelo wants to be patient and make sure, it could be the 10th.
    Not far away was I ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,889
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2705
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Kov has that persistent and ram rod jab that can win him the fight. He uses it far more now than his big right hand now and is the bigger man so he may not get knocked out.

    Is this fight going to happen now? I thought Kov turned it down.
    Cash out fight for Kovalev. Funnily enough , very similar to last night but with a very different outcome.
    Kovalev will keep Canelo at bay early on , and probably put rounds in the bank but will tire down the stretch and when Canelo gets his opportunity , he will take it with both hands. Depends how long it takes Kovalev to tire. Could be the 6th if Canelo walks him down, but he might take some heavy artillery, or if Canelo wants to be patient and make sure, it could be the 10th.
    Not far away was I ?
    I was close too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,706
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    245
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Kov has that persistent and ram rod jab that can win him the fight. He uses it far more now than his big right hand now and is the bigger man so he may not get knocked out.

    Is this fight going to happen now? I thought Kov turned it down.
    Cash out fight for Kovalev. Funnily enough , very similar to last night but with a very different outcome.
    Kovalev will keep Canelo at bay early on , and probably put rounds in the bank but will tire down the stretch and when Canelo gets his opportunity , he will take it with both hands. Depends how long it takes Kovalev to tire. Could be the 6th if Canelo walks him down, but he might take some heavy artillery, or if Canelo wants to be patient and make sure, it could be the 10th.
    Not far away was I ?
    I was close too.
    Fenster was pretty much on the money as well, he questioned whether Kovalev would hold on to the end. Most of what I predicted was prior to finding out about the rehydration clause.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Canelo v Kovalev at 175
    By Beanz in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-23-2019, 11:57 PM
  2. Canelo,GGG,Ward,Kovalev
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-18-2015, 01:07 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 12:35 PM
  4. FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round
    By SEANIE in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing