Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

Kovalev will be paid very handsomely to have an easy camp and drink boat loads of Vodka. Can’t blame him taking the dosh, up until about 5 years ago, he was on about £10k a fight.
    It’ll be a “Yes sir, No sir, 3 bags full sir” approach from him. And after he’s sold his belt, he’ll probably get promised one last pay day on a Canelo undercard.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Crazy to think people can look at this size difference...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uYsctokjwxs

and call it a cherry pick. Kovalev is SIGNIFICANTLY larger, more racist and aggressive towards women than him.
    Low risk high reward. That’s why it’s a cherry pick. Worse comes to worst, Canelo loses and uses size as the excuse. Kovalev is also name recognition. There are many people between middleweight and light heavyweight that would be a harder match up.

Gonna feel like Teddy Atlas saying this, but what the hell....

If you're a logger looking for a redwood to fell... would you pick all the ones who don't have a scratch on them... or would you pick the one that's already been chewed halfway through by beavers?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.
    The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

Yeah, I have no questions about Canelo's chin either. To me the biggest question is Kovalev's durability. He's shown a tendency to wear out, especially when hit to the body which I'm sure Canelo and his team are well aware of. Whatever aura of invincibility Kovalev had was erased by his TKO loss to Ward in their second fight. Otherwise this fight would not be happening.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Yeah, I have no questions about Canelo's chin either. To me the biggest question is Kovalev's durability. He's shown a tendency to wear out, especially when hit to the body which I'm sure Canelo and his team are well aware of. Whatever aura of invincibility Kovalev had was erased by his TKO loss to Ward in their second fight. Otherwise this fight would not be happening.
    I probably forgot yes, he did take a few hard shots from Golovkin, yet he took them well, he rolled with the punches. So I can see why you he abover posts are saying they haven't a question about the chin. still Kovalev is bigger and badder and power is the last thing to go on a fighter and Kovalev has that in the bag just waiting to strike early for the upset. I'll bet the odds come out at 3-2 Canelo favor

About the body shots yes, the classical Mexican left hook to the liver may also end it all for the beaten up Kovalev as you said, but durability point I have to disagree on it any man determined if professional caliber as Kovalev can whip himself into shape for durability on such a big night.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I probably forgot yes, he did take a few hard shots from Golovkin, yet he took them well, he rolled with the punches. So I can see why you he abover posts are saying they haven't a question about the chin. still Kovalev is bigger and badder and power is the last thing to go on a fighter and Kovalev has that in the bag just waiting to strike early for the upset. I'll bet the odds come out at 3-2 Canelo favor

About the body shots yes, the classical Mexican left hook to the liver may also end it all for the beaten up Kovalev as you said, but durability point I have to disagree on it any man determined if professional caliber as Kovalev can whip himself into shape for durability on such a big night.

I hope you're right, as I'm TOTALLY rooting for Kovalev.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I totally rooting for Kovalev as well bro 👊 Canelo got the gift and is always overhyped, I will love to see him decissively lose.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I totally rooting for Kovalev as well bro 👊 Canelo got the gift and is always overhyped, I will love to see him decissively lose.

Excellent! By the way... welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent! By the way... welcome to the forum.
    Thank you sir. It's a pleasure to talk the greatest sport of all times with you and Power puncher.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Bloody ell, I'd say he'd need a step ladder but I'm assuming he'll be going for a full body assault, that is quite a size difference, it'll be a nice win for Alvarez if he manages it but I'm assuming they know kovalev is close to being finished but wotever, I'm looking forward to this one.

I hope Alvarez takes on Andy ruiz for the Mexican heavyweight title after this, I'd watch.
    I can see Kovalev fighting smart, ramming that jab from a distance. Canelo will want to get inside and work but Kovalev is underrated as a boxer Imo and Canelo can be a bit flat footed. Maybe he thinks he can walk Kovalev down, I don't know. Kov is much bigger and this is close to fight time and fresh off a fight, so the size won't change all that much. It is a strange fight for Canelo and certainly not something GGG would have considered doing. It is all a bit wild and weird.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure about anything being wild or weird here I don't know what that's the right words for me to use? Agree with you on he is flat-foot style but got on bicycle often against Gelovkin, so can move sideway or lateral at times. Maybe weird is to us to be seeing Canelo dance while Kovalev is cutting the ring and missing long punches , especially that long overhand rights and lead-off rights. Did you see Kovalev leadoff rights against Yarde? He can't try that type of punch on Canello because Canello would lefthook to the liver underneath, it's lights out for Kovalev liver if he does leadoff rights and misses and his right side is wide open for counters to the liver. My view is Canelo can't win unless Kovalev throws lazy carefree lead off rights and gets counted out from a Mexican classic body punch (left hook).

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t want to get religious here but please lord let kov win

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is why I find it strange people say that Canelo is certain to win and that he has handpicked Kov. This is an exciting fight and challenge for Saul and brings much more intrigue than a normal defence at middleweight.

Give the guy a break and I am a triple G fan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is why I find it strange people say that Canelo is certain to win and that he has handpicked Kov. This is an exciting fight and challenge for Saul and brings much more intrigue than a normal defence at middleweight.

Give the guy a break and I am a triple G fan.
    Agree wholheartedly on Benn and Kov your points both , those said "Canelo certain to win_ are then forgetting how much bigger of a fighter not fame but SIZE is Kov. Stats I have found are Kov, Krusher, 6 feet even, 72 inch reach, but age 36. But Canelo , short 5 ft 8, and reach 70", but advantage 28 years old. given all that, Krusher has it.

Thread Information