Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

This will be easy work for Canelo

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

• I say the 8th

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say it depends.

If he brings him down to 170..... waits 3-4 years..... and fights Kov in Texas (or Vegas) with CJ Ross as a judge..... I wouldn't bet against Canelo.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kov has that persistent and ram rod jab that can win him the fight. He uses it far more now than his big right hand now and is the bigger man so he may not get knocked out.

Is this fight going to happen now? I thought Kov turned it down.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Kov has that persistent and ram rod jab that can win him the fight. He uses it far more now than his big right hand now and is the bigger man so he may not get knocked out.

Cash out fight for Kovalev. Funnily enough , very similar to last night but with a very different outcome.
    Kovalev will keep Canelo at bay early on , and probably put rounds in the bank but will tire down the stretch and when Canelo gets his opportunity , he will take it with both hands. Depends how long it takes Kovalev to tire. Could be the 6th if Canelo walks him down, but he might take some heavy artillery, or if Canelo wants to be patient and make sure, it could be the 10th.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Cash out fight for Kovalev. Funnily enough , very similar to last night but with a very different outcome.
    Kovalev will keep Canelo at bay early on , and probably put rounds in the bank but will tire down the stretch and when Canelo gets his opportunity , he will take it with both hands. Depends how long it takes Kovalev to tire. Could be the 6th if Canelo walks him down, but he might take some heavy artillery, or if Canelo wants to be patient and make sure, it could be the 10th.

If SOG did that to his midsection, on can only imagine what Canelo will do. Kov's entire body has absorbed heavy punishment

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if it's the kovalev that showed up against yarde, i'd say between 8 and 10. if he lays off the vodka and isn't weight restricted we could see a whole different fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has everyone forgotten Canelo's output and stamina. Sure Kov tires but so does Canelo who is a spurt fighter. Kovalev is much rangier and with the ramrod jab and follow up rights bound to make Canelo think. Kovalev hits harder than anyone Canelo has faced and Canelo has no record at the weight or even SMW if we are being honest.

Kovalev got caught. It happens but he dug down and got the win. People see a few chinks and think he is for the taking but Canelo has a lot to prove and let's not forget he hasn't even been convincing at MW.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

If SOG did that to his midsection, on can only imagine what Canelo will do. Kov's entire body has absorbed heavy punishment
    His testicles have been damaged badly, but Ward was lucky to get away with that. I am not even sure a hobbit like Canelo will even be able to get close all that often. Kovalev is over 6 feet and long whilst Canelo is 5foot 8. 6 inch difference and Canelo is a spurt fighter who can be outboxed and has not proven himself in the higher weight classes.

In fact I find the Canelo hype odd when everyone knows he has several losses in his record and is now suddenly going to walk through Kovalev.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s fascinating to me that Canelo has fought the best 147 guy, the best 154 guy, the best 160 guy twice and is thinking of jumping 2 divisions to fight a reigning major title holder and the mere proposition begins cherry picking talk.

But Lomachenko, supposedly the top guy in the sport and surely one of the top guys, has never fought the best guy in a division and fights consecutively a guy who was DOMINATED by Tank Davis and moved up, Anthony Crolla and Luke Campbell without so much as a peep about him cherry picking.

Why would people have higher expectations of Canelo if everyone thinks Loma is the better fighter? Or is it not higher expectations for Canelo but rather lower expectations for Loma?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It’s fascinating to me that Canelo has fought the best 147 guy, the best 154 guy, the best 160 guy twice and is thinking of jumping 2 divisions to fight a reigning major title holder and the mere proposition begins cherry picking talk.

But Lomachenko, supposedly the top guy in the sport and surely one of the top guys, has never fought the best guy in a division and fights consecutively a guy who was DOMINATED by Tank Davis and moved up, Anthony Crolla and Luke Campbell without so much as a peep about him cherry picking.

Why would people have higher expectations of Canelo if everyone thinks Loma is the better fighter? Or is it not higher expectations for Canelo but rather lower expectations for Loma?
    Canelo has clearly fought a shitload of good fighters, but I think he has also come up short against many of them. The first GGG fight in particular was not even close. Yet he gets the 'win' and people seem to be glorifying him on what exactly? Granted Jacobs was a good win, but otherwise he lost to GGG twice and then fought a gimme. Yep, I really want to see him jump two weight classes and fight a 37 year old Kovalev.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

I think it’s because Canelo has been brought along very calculated. I don’t think he fought the best 154 fighter. There were still good fights to be made and he moved up. He is doing the same at middleweight. There are good fights to be made but now he is picking a specific fighter to fight that he really believes he can win.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this thread serious?

Canelo couldn’t even hurt GGG or Danny Williams..and now all of a sudden he inherits 175 stopping power?!

Come on guys?!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo couldn’t even beat the best at 168?!

I rate Canelo but this is crazy talk!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Is this thread serious?

Canelo couldn’t even hurt GGG or Danny Williams..and now all of a sudden he inherits 175 stopping power?!

Come on guys?!
    Danny Williams?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information