Thread: US Rules Airlines Must Allow Miniature Horses to Fly as Service Animals

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default US Rules Airlines Must Allow Miniature Horses to Fly as Service Animals

Ha!

Seriously this could prove to be a very hot and divisive topic so feel free to move if the thread gallops away from this

From 'THE DRIVE' -

For all its indignities, air travel is also surprisingly democratic—people of all stripes and shades crammed together into a small metal tube and lofted into the sky. Some of them have service animals, some of which are a hair more exotic than a vested dog. This has caused spirited debates. But on Thursday, the U.S. Department of Transportation issued its final guidance on the subject and added miniature horses to the list of service animals that can fly in any cabin.You may have some questions. Yes, miniature horses make great—if rare—service animals for those with emotional and physical disabilities. Standing 2-3 feet tall, weighing around 100 pounds, and often living 35 years or longer, they're not unlike large dogs in their comforting presence and ability to perform complex tasks. And yes, airlines have historically balked at the idea of seating a horse in Economy Plus. The DoT's statement notes that air carriers "have asked us to declare that a wide variety of species (e.g., birds...and animals with hooves or horns) constitute 'unusual service animals' that may be categorically banned."
    But with trained miniature horses officially recognized in the Americans with Disabilities Act as legitimate service animals, the agency has decided they must be able to fly. The declaration isn't a law per se, but it indicates that they'll punish U.S. airlines that violate it.....

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29332/...4zu-ualfkEZRiE
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Beanz; 08-27-2019 at 06:49 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: US Rules Airlines Must Allow Miniature Horses to Fly as Service Animals

Anyone putting a dag in unemployment for a dumb mini should have their head checked. But I'd rather be seated next to a smelly miniature horse than a wailing toddler.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: US Rules Airlines Must Allow Miniature Horses to Fly as Service Animals

Toddlers wail like horses smell mate. It nature I tell thee (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually it's not nature if horses were meant to fly they would go Pegasus (cheap Turkish airline). Daughter has ridden since she was a toddler but not sure she ever rode one of them there horseies. We have a lot of Ponies up here on the moor that they have trouble sustaining. In France they would just eat some . Also have Shetland ponies up in ...Shetland (: and around the UK. I am surprised you have them in America usually pets there are bigger like Maine Coon cats, we don't have anything like that here. We have Manx Cats (no tails from the Isle of White) and Cornish Rexes (hairless cats) from down here. Do you get them in the states?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently they still dont allow you to fly with their assholes as a carry on, so I had to bump @Gandalf off of my ticket when I tour the UK next week.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record, its because im launching my standup comedy career, and Miles is in deep denial Telling himself hes fulfilled as a human..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I'm sorry sir, but your flight has been delayed and we have run out of food and drink. Why the long face?"

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Drinks anyone? Can I have a Heineken please? I'm sorry, I cant hear you, you're going to have to speak up. Oh I cant shout, I'm afraid I'm a little horse.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Actually it's not nature if horses were meant to fly they would go Pegasus (cheap Turkish airline). Daughter has ridden since she was a toddler but not sure she ever rode one of them there horseies. We have a lot of Ponies up here on the moor that they have trouble sustaining. In France they would just eat some . Also have Shetland ponies up in ...Shetland (: and around the UK. I am surprised you have them in America usually pets there are bigger like Maine Coon cats, we don't have anything like that here. We have Manx Cats (no tails from the Isle of White) and Cornish Rexes (hairless cats) from down here. Do you get them in the states?
    I knew a couple of girls who are obsessed with the whole 'horse culture' and their life revolves around it. They're more obsessed raising the young daughters like stereotypical little cowgirls than any father involved in Little league . Big hats, over used twang when they speak jeans so tight they look painted on and making them attend weekly barrel racing competitions, trade shows and spending thousands on saddles, gear and trailers and riding work shops. Bit nuts if you ask me. They had 3 minis and kept them at clinic for months. Cute little fat feckers but man they pissed everywhere, covered the entire back yard and killed all the grass.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Turkey should definitely have flown Pegasus
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Horses don't exist, it's all a plot by big pharma.

I don't believe in them.

I am a neightheist
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale will think his luck has changed.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information