Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Amir Khan the most overrated boxer this decade

I can't go two weeks without hearing about this guy. The fact that some people were talking about him fighting Manny blows my mind.

What has Khan done to even be in these discussions anymore? How is he even a little relevant? There are so many better, older, washed-up fighters that people have completely forgotten about, but yet it's always Khan's name in circulation. He hasnt had a win over a quality opponent in 4 years, the last two times he fought a p4p fighter he got ktfo, and yet he thinks he deserves a fight with Manny....... Even his last couple of quality opponents that didnt K.O him were nothing special.. Devin Alexander and Chris Algieri are decent opponents but nothing special.

Honestly, and i may just be forgetting, but I think the only impressive win he has on his entire resume is Marcos Maidana. And he barely won that fight.

I dont remember Andre Berto, Gamboa, or other boxers with similiar resume's getting half the hype this dude gets.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Amir Khan the most overrated boxer this decade

He beat a focused Zab Judah, That puts him up there with Kovalev as a human.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ez396979@yahoo.com View Post
    I can't go two weeks without hearing about this guy. The fact that some people were talking about him fighting Manny blows my mind.

What has Khan done to even be in these discussions anymore? How is he even a little relevant? There are so many better, older, washed-up fighters that people have completely forgotten about, but yet it's always Khan's name in circulation. He hasnt had a win over a quality opponent in 4 years, the last two times he fought a p4p fighter he got ktfo, and yet he thinks he deserves a fight with Manny....... Even his last couple of quality opponents that didnt K.O him were nothing special.. Devin Alexander and Chris Algieri are decent opponents but nothing special.

Honestly, and i may just be forgetting, but I think the only impressive win he has on his entire resume is Marcos Maidana. And he barely won that fight.

I dont remember Andre Berto, Gamboa, or other boxers with similiar resume's getting half the hype this dude gets.

Khan's not without talent. He's also a guy who provides a good show. He'll either dominate, or get spectacularly KTFO'ed.

But Khan also is without peer at talking himself into fights (or trying like hell).

He whined so much pining after Floyd I thought Floyd would cave and give him a shot. Khan tried every trick in the book, just short of whimpering and begging.

So I'm not surprised he's telling anybody who will listen that he has gotten himself a shot at Manny.

Probably the most surprised person by these "news" is Manny himself.

All of the above is why many people including myself enjoy seeing the guy starched.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan had all the skills and talent to be one of the best boxers we've ever had.

However he had no chin and most of all he had no boxing brain (or any brain for that matter).

Agreed maidana his best win. His attraction was that despite his skills you knew there was a good chance that any opponent with half a punch could potentially beat him at any time.

Hope he doesn't get the manny fight ffs
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Given time I think you will find it will be Wilder who is the most over rated boxer. He got exposed by a unseasoned Fury, fought weak opposition and been fortunate to win when he fought anyone decent.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Given time I think you will find it will be Wilder who is the most over rated boxer. He got exposed by a unseasoned Fury, fought weak opposition and been fortunate to win when he fought anyone decent.
    Nah. I’m no Wilder fan, but he’s nowhere near as overrated as Khan. His draw with Fury says more about the whole division in general, and he did get through a highly rated , albeit ancient guy in Ortiz (just)
    Khan has done nothing of relevance for YEARS!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As has been said and remains true..Khan had-has some talent. But I think mainly that he has become a bit of a running joke and majority of fans are in on it. Half the time the question isn't how he'll win etc but what round he gets planked or wobbled in. I don't see him doing anything relevant now and agree he doesn't merit a Manny show. Especially coming off his last freak show in wonderful Saudi zzzz Arabia being allowed to stamp out a featherweight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Nah. I’m no Wilder fan, but he’s nowhere near as overrated as Khan. His draw with Fury says more about the whole division in general, and he did get through a highly rated , albeit ancient guy in Ortiz (just)

Ok mister... who ARE you and what have you done with Primo?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably. I only say that because he keeps getting big money fights so the brits must love to watch him. I don’t think Americans overrate him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compare Wilder and Khans opponents..don’t worry, I’ll wait.

Wilder is fighting a 47 year old drug cheat Cuban in a rematch and Fury has been his toughest competition to date.

Khan has fought everyone and will not play 2nd fiddle to a potential Brook fight.

Both Khan and Wilder give excitement but Wilder has to fight Fury and AJ/Ruiz in 2020 or I’m done with him.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember him on the floor against Willie Limmond all the skills but a poor chin.
    It did not impact on him making a lot of money fair play he got in there a Champion.
    Make of it what you will a good fighter not a great one.🙂

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Ok mister... who ARE you and what have you done with Primo?
    My dislike for Khan’s career far outweighs my dislike for Wilder’s . Although I still think Wilder is a cunt of the highest order.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Probably. I only say that because he keeps getting big money fights so the brits must love to watch him. I don’t think Americans overrate him.
    Chisora has another big fight coming. The UK seems to have battered wife syndrome.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Compare Wilder and Khans opponents..don’t worry, I’ll wait.

Wilder is fighting a 47 year old drug cheat Cuban in a rematch and Fury has been his toughest competition to date.

Khan has fought everyone and will not play 2nd fiddle to a potential Brook fight.

Both Khan and Wilder give excitement but Wilder has to fight Fury and AJ/Ruiz in 2020 or I’m done with him.
    Can't stand Wilder and I mean that in boatloads, guy is a twat but when's the last time Khan was considered a serious threat to the very top guys in his division. Boxing is every bit a what have you done lately and Khan is running on a reminisce tour.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Over rated or over hyped? Solid boxer, just has a poor chin. I've seen guys with lesser talent constantly getting either title shots or eliminators. Rocky Juarez comes to mind. I didn't think he was over rated, rather had gr8 connections!!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information