Promoters need to work together to make fights not bash each other in the press. The biggest fight to make at 130 pounds is between IBF super featherweight champion Tevin Farmer and WBA (super) titlist Gervonta Davis. Offers have been made to Farmer for $2 million by Davis promoter Leonard Ellerbe, and Davis wasn't interested in the $5 million proposal by Farmer promoter Eddie Hearn.

Instead of trying to make a deal, Hearn and Ellerbe have decided to go the high school route and make verbal jabs through the media instead of trying to make the highly anticipated affair.

"Pretty poor," Hearn said to FightHype on communication with Ellerbe and Floyd Mayweather Jr. to make the Davis-Farmer fight. "I always email Leonard Ellerbe and say ‘Here’s $3 million, here’s $4 million, here’s $5 million’ and I don’t really get replies. I got one reply, once. Leonard Ellerbe has turned into quite a bitter man. Right?

Because I look at my Twitter, he’s liking all the criticism about me! He calls it the ‘Dead Zone.’ What Leonard Ellerbe has become is a hater. He’s always talked about haters and how bad they are. Why would Leonard Ellerbe hate on a platform that is giving fighters the opportunity to make fighters the highest paydays, to box more often then they’ve ever boxed before? Leonard Ellerbe should know better."

Ellerbe retorted to Fighthype: "Hate on what? Let me get this straight — he had what he claimed to be the number one heavyweight who supposedly had the most traction at the time, brought him to America for a debut, put him in a short-notice fight he shouldn't have never been in fighting a guy like Andy Ruiz, who has tremendous skills and just came off of a fight, got him beat, and now he's the number four guy.

"What is there to hate on? Bob Arum just outmaneuvered him; took his champ [Jose Ramirez] and tricked Eddie out of several million dollars in a fight [vs. Maurice Hooker] that he knew he couldn't lose. Now, Bob returns back to ESPN laughing with the belt and the bag of money in hand, but I'm a hater? Yeah, OK; yeah right!

"Eddie's a good promoter who likes to hear himself talk, but a lot of the s—t he talks about doesn't even make any sense. Everybody's laughing at him."

While the back-and-forth exchanges make for good headlines, they don't get fans any closer to the fight they want to see. All the bickering does is hurt the chances of a Davis-Farmer battle.

Let the fighters do the talking inside the ring, while the promoters handle business behind the scenes.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ser...171827233.html