Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Logan Paul vs KSI

Is this supposed to get people to buy DAZN?

Honestly, I’d never heard of these people until Eddie started talking about them. Perhaps it’s just that I’m old but I have absolutely no interest paying for a rematch of a crap fight that I can already watch on YouTube. USA tried celebrity boxing already. Miserable failure

Eddie actually signed these guys BTW

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Logan Paul vs KSI

At last a real fight!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We had a thread about the first matchup in the off topic non boxing section.

I watched the first match with the children (sons, nieces and nephew) around the computer. They enjoyed it but do not normally watch boxing so it may bring in new fans. It is a sad gimmick but I may do a rbr of it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no idea who they are either, however, their first fight basically smashed every boxing event in history for viewers. Sad but true.

Eddie is smart as fuck and shameless. Devin Haney and Billy Joe Saunders on the undercard to keep the true boxing fans happy.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it's sad that these two can make so much money from a fight when people who have been putting the hours in for a lifetime will never see anywhere near the same money from boxing

I have to say tho, this fight will raise the profile and maybe spread interest and the fighters who don't make money of any sort may even benefit with a couple of extra bars in their purse
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it’s official, Billy Joe Saunders is defending his “Title” on the undercard. Haha, I don’t fucking care how famous these 2 are and how much attention it attracts, to fight on their undercard is a new low for BJS!
    Now I would love to see Dereck Chisora on the undercard and see whaT he had to say at the presser!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 09-20-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default KSI vs Logan Paul

The game is terrible.

Sat here quietly watching these videos on YouTube, trying to be excited. You can tell from my lack of posting on this site (the only site ive ever been on) that I don't care too much about current boxing.

My children, 3 of the 4, know who the Paul's are and they are a bit excited about this fight .. despite coming to my boxing training over the years and despite their own TKD back ground, they wanna see this.

In spite of the 30/40 Dvds in my house of boxers and boxing matches, regardless of the Ppvs I begged my Mrs to let my 3,4,5 year old sons to get up and watch at 5am with me...... they wanna see this.

I'm a little broken about this fight.

I can't make them watch Ali vs Fraizer, mayweather vs Pac and certainly not any Marciano fight.

Am I wrong for feeling so terrible about this or is it just a stepping stone of whats to come?

With love, V

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KSI vs Logan Paul

You don't have to pretend to love boxing, you either do or don't, and it's OK to be a "casual." I knew many boxing people who never watched any fights on TV (who wants to bring their work home).

The very fact a celebrity youtuber fight inspired you to post yet you couldn't be bothered with the recent absolute classics - Inoue-Donaire, Spence-Porter and Taylor-Prograis, plus Beterbiev-Gvozdyk and Canelo-Kovalev just shows how massive these circus events are and why boxing continues to flourish.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-10-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You don't have to pretend to love boxing, you either do or don't, and it's OK to be a "casual." I knew many boxing people who never watched any fights on TV (who wants to bring their work home).

The very fact a celebrity youtuber fight inspired you to post yet you couldn't be bothered with the recent absolute classics - Inoue-Donaire, Spence-Porter and Taylor-Prograis, plus Beterbiev-Gvozdyk and Canelo-Kovalev just shows how massive these circus events are and why boxing continues to flourish.
    Yeah, I mean I watch every fight but for some reason I actually really enjoyed the YT fight.
    Strange

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now I watched literally 30 seconds of this clown show, and I completely disagree with you.
    I knew you would roll out the old “great for the profile of boxing” and “boxing is a business” chestnuts and I have to say it’s complete bollocks!
    Two piss poor fighters supposedly fighting “Professsionally” on debut , ppv in Vegas or wherever it was, makes a complete mockery and piss take of the Sport.
    It’s not good for the sport to let every YouTube watcher believe that they could be a pro boxer. Boxing is no fucking joke .
    You’ve got up and coming Boxers that make massive sacrifices and are selling tickets an hour before they’re due in the ring just to earn a crust.
    And they see these fucking clowns with 10% of their talent and dedication earning fortunes.
    I don’t blame the guys who got in the ring (I can’t bring myself to call them Boxers.)
    I blame the authorities for selling the sport on the cheap for sanctioning the fight, and every fucking mug who paid more than 10 pence to watch this.
    And don’t get me started on A World Champion fighting on the undercard. Shows how seriously BJS Takes his career and what his priorities are.
    Ps to the Mods. Can this please be taken off the Boxing forum now?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a boxing thread which belongs on the boxing board. The reason it wasn't merged is because it's about a fan having a crisis of conscience and i'm saying it's OK to like what you like, you don't have to pretend. All this "hardcore" and "casual" lark is bollocks. I consider MOST people on this forum "casual" yet they come here every day and many clearly love boxing.

1. I have no idea why you're ranting at me? I had no real interest in this fight, apart from posting some impressive figures, and I even made a separate thread for Billy Joe, Haney and the prospects to give them some shine.

2. Boxing is a business. Fact.

3. It's a bit rich waffling about an "insult to real boxers" when you constantly castigate "mugs" who buy tickets, PPV, subscriptions and actually contribute something, support fighters. Devin Haney got an official $1 million for that defence, Billy Joe $750,000, huge money for "gimmes," where do you think that money comes from? Do you think they would have sold 15,000 tickets at the Staples Center on their own? Ask them whether or not they were happy to be on that card.

And why would the "authorities" (California State Commission) prevent two fit young men who passed all their medicals and demonstrated the basic skills required a boxing licence? There's literally hundreds of licensed fighters without half the fitness or ability all over the world (especially the States - Saddo's own Kid Thunder, anyone?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy tiger, I wasn’t ranting at you , I was disagreeing with your opinion. Isn’t this forum about different opinions?
    And I never mentioned “hardcore or casual” I think that brings a bit of Boxing snobbery into it.
    I just think that Sport marginalises itself accepting these joke shows.
    And what has me calling people mugs for paying for this shit and fights like Mayweather/Macgregor, got anything to do with a comment saying it’s an insult to real Boxers.... IT FUCKING IS!
    I suppose I should give myself an easy life by just agreeing with everything you say!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a boxing thread which belongs on the boxing board. The reason it wasn't merged is because it's about a fan having a crisis of conscience and i'm saying it's OK to like what you like, you don't have to pretend. All this "hardcore" and "casual" lark is bollocks. I consider MOST people on this forum "casual" yet they come here every day and many clearly love boxing.

1. I have no idea why you're ranting at me? I had no real interest in this fight, apart from posting some impressive figures, and I even made a separate thread for Billy Joe, Haney and the prospects to give them some shine.

2. Boxing is a business. Fact.

3. It's a bit rich waffling about an "insult to real boxers" when you constantly castigate "mugs" who buy tickets, PPV, subscriptions and actually contribute something, support fighters. Devin Haney got an official $1 million for that defence, Billy Joe $750,000, huge money for "gimmes," where do you think that money comes from? Do you think they would have sold 15,000 tickets at the Staples Center on their own? Ask them whether or not they were happy to be on that card.

And why would the "authorities" (California State Commission) prevent two fit young men who passed all their medicals and demonstrated the basic skills required a boxing licence? There's literally hundreds of licensed fighters without half the fitness or ability all over the world (especially the States - Saddo's own Kid Thunder, anyone?
    Friendster has a very acute sense of acumen and has rightly decided that this was in the right place. I totally support his call. How dare anyone rant at him. no doubt we are all casual boxing fans here except for the ones who actually put on the gloves and go out there and do the work. The rest are just weekend warrior armchair quarterbacks.

Thread Information