Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Logan Paul vs KSI

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    KSI won because of the 2 point deduction for illegal blows to the back of his head by Logan Paul. The biggest cheer came when KSI said there would be no 3rd match.
    Never knew Hearn could get his voice so high. All in the script.

Honestly everything about this last night was trash. No actual fighters who have dedicated their entire lives to the sport should have to listen to some Circle jerk of announcers babble about 'how fortunate they are to be the co main to this history making event' . It was a manufactured easy grab for low hanging fruit and lazy simple minded promoting. Not a good precedent at all imo.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KSI vs Logan Paul

This is a boxing thread which belongs on the boxing board. The reason it wasn't merged is because it's about a fan having a crisis of conscience and i'm saying it's OK to like what you like, you don't have to pretend. All this "hardcore" and "casual" lark is bollocks. I consider MOST people on this forum "casual" yet they come here every day and many clearly love boxing.

1. I have no idea why you're ranting at me? I had no real interest in this fight, apart from posting some impressive figures, and I even made a separate thread for Billy Joe, Haney and the prospects to give them some shine.

2. Boxing is a business. Fact.

3. It's a bit rich waffling about an "insult to real boxers" when you constantly castigate "mugs" who buy tickets, PPV, subscriptions and actually contribute something, support fighters. Devin Haney got an official $1 million for that defence, Billy Joe $750,000, huge money for "gimmes," where do you think that money comes from? Do you think they would have sold 15,000 tickets at the Staples Center on their own? Ask them whether or not they were happy to be on that card.

And why would the "authorities" (California State Commission) prevent two fit young men who passed all their medicals and demonstrated the basic skills required a boxing licence? There's literally hundreds of licensed fighters without half the fitness or ability all over the world (especially the States - Saddo's own Kid Thunder, anyone?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy tiger, I wasn’t ranting at you , I was disagreeing with your opinion. Isn’t this forum about different opinions?
    And I never mentioned “hardcore or casual” I think that brings a bit of Boxing snobbery into it.
    I just think that Sport marginalises itself accepting these joke shows.
    And what has me calling people mugs for paying for this shit and fights like Mayweather/Macgregor, got anything to do with a comment saying it’s an insult to real Boxers.... IT FUCKING IS!
    I suppose I should give myself an easy life by just agreeing with everything you say!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Easy tiger, I wasn’t ranting at you , I was disagreeing with your opinion. Isn’t this forum about different opinions?
    And I never mentioned “hardcore or casual” I think that brings a bit of Boxing snobbery into it.
    And what has me calling people mugs for paying for this shit and fights like Mayweather/Macgregor, got anything to do with a comment saying it’s an insult to real Boxers.... IT FUCKING IS!
    I suppose I should give myself an easy life by just agreeing with everything you say!
    This is how you started the rant "disagreeing with your opinion".

Now I watched literally 30 seconds of this clown show, and I completely disagree with you.
    I knew you would roll out the old “great for the profile of boxing” and “boxing is a business” chestnuts and I have to say it’s complete bollocks!
    Where did I say it's "great for boxing" or roll out the old chesnut (which is in fact a fact)? I merely told a conscience-stricken fan he doesn't have to apologise for being more pumped for a circus event than Inoue-Donaire or Canelo-Kov etc.

So what exactly are you disagreeing with? I should have called him a "mug" and went on a rant about its detriment to boxing? I couldn't give a fuck if certain fans got all angry about it, some fans moan about everything, and this is a perfect example, we've just had half-a-dozen fights of the year between the best fighters in the world yet you're moaning about the "clowns."

What did you think of Haney? The prospects? Billy Joe?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    This is a boxing thread which belongs on the boxing board. The reason it wasn't merged is because it's about a fan having a crisis of conscience and i'm saying it's OK to like what you like, you don't have to pretend. All this "hardcore" and "casual" lark is bollocks. I consider MOST people on this forum "casual" yet they come here every day and many clearly love boxing.

1. I have no idea why you're ranting at me? I had no real interest in this fight, apart from posting some impressive figures, and I even made a separate thread for Billy Joe, Haney and the prospects to give them some shine.

3. It's a bit rich waffling about an "insult to real boxers" when you constantly castigate "mugs" who buy tickets, PPV, subscriptions and actually contribute something, support fighters. Devin Haney got an official $1 million for that defence, Billy Joe $750,000, huge money for "gimmes," where do you think that money comes from? Do you think they would have sold 15,000 tickets at the Staples Center on their own? Ask them whether or not they were happy to be on that card.

And why would the "authorities" (California State Commission) prevent two fit young men who passed all their medicals and demonstrated the basic skills required a boxing licence? There's literally hundreds of licensed fighters without half the fitness or ability all over the world (especially the States - Saddo's own Kid Thunder, anyone?
    Friendster has a very acute sense of acumen and has rightly decided that this was in the right place. I totally support his call. How dare anyone rant at him. no doubt we are all casual boxing fans here except for the ones who actually put on the gloves and go out there and do the work. The rest are just weekend warrior armchair quarterbacks.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post

Friendster has a very acute sense of acumen and has rightly decided that this was in the right place. I totally support his call. How dare anyone rant at him. no doubt we are all casual boxing fans here except for the ones who actually put on the gloves and go out there and do the work. The rest are just weekend warrior armchair quarterbacks.
    Very French analogy there with the quarterbacks (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now I watched literally 30 seconds of this clown show, and I completely disagree with you.
    I knew you would roll out the old “great for the profile of boxing” and “boxing is a business” chestnuts and I have to say it’s complete bollocks!
    Where did I say it's "great for boxing" or roll out the old chesnut (which is in fact a fact)? I merely told a conscience-stricken fan he doesn't have to apologise for being more pumped for a circus event than Inoue-Donaire or Canelo-Kov etc.

So what exactly are you disagreeing with? I should have called him a "mug" and went on a rant about its detriment to boxing? I couldn't give a fuck if certain fans got all angry about it, some fans moan about everything, and this is a perfect example, we've just had half-a-dozen fights of the year between the best fighters in the world yet you're moaning about the "clowns."

I think the tone of my post was very respectful, that’s why I said it was a disagreement rather than a rant.
    You on the other hand , went straight on the offensive and were aggressive with your opinion.
    And as usual , you use the old “where did I say that?” Regarding “Boxing is a business and profile etc.” You’re always saying it! I’m fucked if I’m gonna go back through all your posts to find examples to “catch you out!”
    The part I was disagreeing with, was your statement about “how massive these circus events are and why boxing continues to flourish.”
    They are not why boxing continues to flourish at all. They are slowly turning the Sport into Wrestling.
    But hey, it’s a business, and it’s all good marketing and good for the profile!
    Doesn’t matter if the quality is shit, the theatre is amazing!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is not boxing, should no more be featured on this site than Wrassling (showbiz with no blood), Judo (a proper sport but nothing to do with us) or Strictly Come Dancing (a box office million taker but again nothing to do with us). If these glorified pub fights with 'official' regulating bodies get ppv it just shows how sad we've become as a race. No wonder Hearn is appreciative.

Now off to watch Love Island, who will be the World shagging champ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the tone of my post was very respectful, that’s why I said it was a disagreement rather than a rant.
    You on the other hand , went straight on the offensive and were aggressive with your opinion.
    And as usual , you use the old “where did I say that?” Regarding “Boxing is a business and profile etc.” You’re always saying it! I’m fucked if I’m gonna go back through all your posts to find examples to “catch you out!”
    The part I was disagreeing with, was your statement about “how massive these circus events are and why boxing continues to flourish.”
    They are not why boxing continues to flourish at all. They are slowly turning the Sport into Wrestling.
    The reason I asked you to explain what I said is because I had no idea what you were "disagreeing" with. If you "can't be fucked" to explain what I said how can I know what you've "disagreed" with? There's no "aggression," that's just what you're reading into it.

You have totally misunderstood my point. I wasn't saying boxing "needs" circus events to flourish, I was saying boxing flourishes regardless. Nothing will ever fix it and nothing will kill it. For the 3rd/4th time - I was specifically speaking to a fan who felt no desire to post about all the great fights we've recently had - Inoue-Donaire, Spence-Porter, Taylor-Prograis, Golovkin-Dere, Beterbiev-Gvozdyk, Canelo_Kov yet was hyped for the celebrity match.

How many of those fights did you watch? Did you enjoy them? And again what did you think of Haney? The prospects? Billy Joe? Surely they all met the "quality" standard for fans?
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-13-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason I asked you to explain what I said is because I had no idea what you were "disagreeing" with. If you "can't be fucked" to explain what I said how can I know what you've "disagreed" with? There's no "aggression," that's just what you're reading into it.

You have totally misunderstood my point. I wasn't saying boxing "needs" circus events to flourish, I was saying boxing flourishes regardless. Nothing will ever fix it and nothing will kill it. For the 3rd/4th time - I was specifically speaking to a fan who felt no desire to post about all the great fights we've recently had - Inoue-Donaire, Spence-Porter, Taylor-Prograis, Golovkin-Dere, Beterbiev-Gvozdyk, Canelo_Kov yet was hyped for the celebrity match.

How many of those fights did you watch? Did you enjoy them? And again what did you think of Haney? The prospects? Billy Joe? Surely they all met the "quality" standard for fans?
    I watched all of the fights in in the second last paragraph part from :
    Inoue-Donaire - had a really busy time lately and haven’t had the chance to watch it yet, although I really need to make the time because for differing reasons , they are 2 of my favourite Boxers.
    Beterbiev - Gvozdyk - didn’t manage to catch it live, and sometimes when I know the result , I lose the desire to catch up with it.
    As for your last paragraph, I didn’t watch any of the fights.
    Firstly , no way I’m paying for it,
    secondly , like I said before , I’ve been really busy.
    Thirdly , I have no desire to watch or listen to Billy Joe Saunders unless he’s in a meaningful contest. I saw the finish on social media, meh!
    I would’ve watched Haney if it was not ppv, but I’m not really that dedicated to his career to trawl through the internet for it.
    Point?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Point is watch Inoue v Donaire, very good fight and both fighters come out winners.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I got out of it was Logan Paul is the best and Fenny like him because he fight black man but he got robbed. Everyone can see what the agenda is. Its sick.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on, I’ve had disagreements with Fenny on this thread, but this ain’t about Black and White, please don’t make it about that. @Fenster isn’t racist.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wtf, aren't you a regular poster on here? 😅

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Wtf, aren't you a regular poster on here? 😅
    Yeah, I’m just a bit slow on the uptake.

Thread Information