Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Logan Paul vs KSI

Is this supposed to get people to buy DAZN?

Honestly, I’d never heard of these people until Eddie started talking about them. Perhaps it’s just that I’m old but I have absolutely no interest paying for a rematch of a crap fight that I can already watch on YouTube. USA tried celebrity boxing already. Miserable failure

Eddie actually signed these guys BTW

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Logan Paul vs KSI

At last a real fight!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We had a thread about the first matchup in the off topic non boxing section.

I watched the first match with the children (sons, nieces and nephew) around the computer. They enjoyed it but do not normally watch boxing so it may bring in new fans. It is a sad gimmick but I may do a rbr of it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no idea who they are either, however, their first fight basically smashed every boxing event in history for viewers. Sad but true.

Eddie is smart as fuck and shameless. Devin Haney and Billy Joe Saunders on the undercard to keep the true boxing fans happy.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it's sad that these two can make so much money from a fight when people who have been putting the hours in for a lifetime will never see anywhere near the same money from boxing

I have to say tho, this fight will raise the profile and maybe spread interest and the fighters who don't make money of any sort may even benefit with a couple of extra bars in their purse
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it’s official, Billy Joe Saunders is defending his “Title” on the undercard. Haha, I don’t fucking care how famous these 2 are and how much attention it attracts, to fight on their undercard is a new low for BJS!
    Now I would love to see Dereck Chisora on the undercard and see whaT he had to say at the presser!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 09-20-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So it’s official, Billy Joe Saunders is defending his “Title” on the undercard. Haha, I don’t fucking care how famous these 2 are and how much attention it attracts, to fight on their undercard is a new low for BJS!
    Now I would love to see Dereck Chisora on the undercard and see whaT he had to say at the presser!
    Chisora can not say anything to them, they are the A side fighters.

Eddie said they will not wear head guards and will have small gloves on.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Interesting, he can’t talk when he is the draw and he can’t talk when he isn’t the draw. Perhaps you will tell him when he can talk, Master.

I don’t think that problem was as much Chisora’s as it was the fans. The real problem is that Chisora is a draw when Prograis and Taylor should be.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bart Gunn and Butterbean to busy eh? Feels like this leads into another Kimbo Slice turns pro thread . Honestly it's garbage. YouTube beefs gone tough-man contests under major promotion. What's amazingly sad is there are two title fights listed v TBA little more than a month off and Hearn reduces to stunts and PT Barnum stuff for Saunders US debut. Guess our reputation is out there .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Interesting, he can’t talk when he is the draw and he can’t talk when he isn’t the draw. Perhaps you will tell him when he can talk, Master.

I don’t think that problem was as much Chisora’s as it was the fans. The real problem is that Chisora is a draw when Prograis and Taylor should be.
    The whole Chisora storm was staged and contrived for maximum publicity. Rather than publicly denigrate 2 world class fighters he should have taken it up with Eddie/sky privately if he was serious.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

The whole Chisora storm was staged and contrived for maximum publicity. Rather than publicly denigrate 2 world class fighters he should have taken it up with Eddie/sky privately if he was serious.
    Come on, let’s put this “Chisora is a big draw” nonsense to sleep right here , right now.
    He’s not a big draw.....but he has a big mouth! Chisora v Parker is not PPV Worthy. So put a decent world title unification on the bill that is handy for all concerned , and let Chisora do what he does best....Let rip!
    I can’t remember a clamour for him to be ppv when Fury embarrassed him in their second fight.
    Fuck , he fought Vitali for a World title and that wasn’t ppv, and when he had to go to Europe to get ko’d By Kayabel (?) in order to avoid getting beat by a novice robot that is Joe Joyce, I don’t remember any ppv talk.
    So are you telling me he is now a big drawer because of a couple of pub brawls with Dillian Whyte? Ffs, come on, please stop with all this horseshit.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisors wasn't ko'd v the German turk, not that it really affects much.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Chisors wasn't ko'd v the German turk, not that it really affects much.
    Quite right my mistake.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It wasn't Germany it was Monte Carlo (a live broadcast for HBO in America and Sky). The very reason Chisora is a much bigger name than the two lightwelters, he's fought everyone everywhere on massive bills, whether he's part of the main event or undercard, and still pulls off highlight reel upsets and "pub brawls" which is precisely what draws punters.

Look at their social media following?

Chisora - 235,000 twitter followers.
    Parker - 100,000
    Taylor - 70,000
    Prograis - 10,000

335k vs 80k?

And you wonder why the PAYING PUBLIC are more interested in the "bum" heavyweights?
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-22-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It wasn't Germany it was Monte Carlo (a live broadcast for HBO in America and Sky). The very reason Chisora is a much bigger name than the two lightwelters, he's fought everyone everywhere on massive bills, whether he's part of the main event or undercard, and still pulls off highlight reel upsets and "pub brawls" which is precisely what draws punters.

Look at their social media following?

Chisora - 235,000 twitter followers.
    Parker - 100,000
    Taylor - 70,000
    Prograis - 10,000

335k vs 80k?

And you wonder why the PAYING PUBLIC are more interested in the "bum" heavyweights?
    Nobody said it was Germany. Nobody said Chisora didn’t have more twitter followers, nobody said the PAYING PUBLIC are not interested in the “bum” heavyweights.
    But not interested enough to make the Chisora v Parker fight a viable ppv without Prograis v Taylor on the card it seems.
    I couldn’t give a rats ass about which fight tops the bill. All I’m saying is Chisora is not a ppv Fighter and when he went on his rant, he shouldn’t have been so disrespectful to fighters that are better Boxers than him and have achieved more than him.
    If you want to get taken in by this popularity hype that Matchroom and Sky have hoodwinked you with, crack on.

Thread Information