Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can Pac-Man beat Spence?

Is it possible for a 41 year old Pac-Man to fight and beat a prime Spence end of 2019/early 2020?

If he’s not retiring then why not go out with a bang?

Mayweather rematch is never happening.

Roach or Arum won’t let him fight Crawford.

No money in a Jeff Horn rematch..lol

Amir Khan could be a possibility?

What tactics or style will he need to beat a big welterweight in Spence..bearing in mind that Thurman, Garcia and Crawford have fought better opposition than Spence.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Pac-Man beat Spence?

No I do not think Pac Man could beat Spence. He still is a top welterweight fighter and was surprised he beat Thurman as I did not think he still had it in him. That also may be more about Thurman being inactive and not being as good as I thought he was.

Either way Spence is too good/big/better/younger for Manny now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There’s always a chance, but Spence is too much. Pacquiao is used to being the aggressor. He could bully Thurman pretty well but even then, Thurman had his moments. Spence would knockout Pacquiao at this point. He wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few things.

1)No, and he probably won’t fight him because of it

2)I think Arum would make PAC/Crawford now in a heartbeat. Crawford/PAC wasn’t not made to protect Crawford.(apologies for the wording)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't even want to see that fight. Spence is too much at this stage of his career and from their fighting styles, I can see Manny catching a real beating. He's too old for that type of punishment. I still think Manny's a force, I just cant picture a positive outcome for him in this one.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ez396979@yahoo.com View Post
    I wouldn't even want to see that fight. Spence is too much at this stage of his career and from their fighting styles, I can see Manny catching a real beating. He's too old for that type of punishment. I still think Manny's a force, I just cant picture a positive outcome for him in this one.
    Nah, I think you're bulling spence up a bit and not giving pac the credit he deserves, pac has just beaten thurman hasn't he?

You'd never bet against Spencer but you never know
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Off the top I'd say just cannot see it and in a way want bigger newer things for Spence. But the legacy of Manny is cemented and they may very well roll this out should Spence hammer Porter. You never ever sleep on experience and pride when coming off the schooling..imo..like Manny gave Thurman. Thing is Spence strikes me the more diverse fighter right now and may have the best of both worlds v Manny. Spence on the backfoot would see Manny would have to shoot in with his combos, still has some speed, but be left in the brutal wheelhouse of Spence. He may very well land more than Spence would like early on but Spence has power that sits on a guy and Manny isn't exactly hard to miss in spots and he'll be covering up back to ropes when Spence pressures forward. I just overthought it. No Manny should let sleeping dogs lie and not rush into that buzz saw. Spence is a couple levels above the last few guys Manny has beat when it comes to self awareness, genuine confidence and the round by round ability..and willingness..to remove a guy from his senses.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as we all seem to rate Spence..his resume is no better than Thurman or Garcia.

Porter has been beat by Thurman, Brook and arguably beat in his last fight...Spence beat a post GGG Brook with a broken eye socket.

Spence needs to have a hell of of a 2020 to properly convince us that he’s the top dog at 147.

An old past it Pac would be the best opponent that Spence has fought to this point...Spence does want the big fights but if he doesn’t fight Crawford within 12 months then he needs to leave PBC.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top dogs at 147 are PAC, Crawford and Spence.

Pac is already a legend and HOF and to have a crack at Crawford or Spence for his last fights will cement it even more.

I love Spence bodywork and style of fighting but there’s no escaping the fact that he has the weakest resume out of the 3.

Spence “sparring match” with Floyd is the most talked about thing about Spence career..there’s only so many times we can keep asking that question and demanding he fights the toughest guys in the division.

It’s either Crawford or PAC next for Spence or he (or Al Haymon) is wasting our time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    There’s always a chance, but Spence is too much. Pacquiao is used to being the aggressor. He could bully Thurman pretty well but even then, Thurman had his moments. Spence would knockout Pacquiao at this point. He wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure.
    Spence couldn’t knock out a tiny Garcia..I know he wanted to put on a boxing lesson but still..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    No I do not think Pac Man could beat Spence. He still is a top welterweight fighter and was surprised he beat Thurman as I did not think he still had it in him. That also may be more about Thurman being inactive and not being as good as I thought he was.

Every fighter that PAC fights now is bigger and younger than him.

All I’m saying is that putting PAC in with a Danny Garcia or Jeff Horn rematch is a weak choice for a guy that’s coming of a big win.

Name me a fighter in the 147 division right now that will put up a better fight against Crawford or Spence at this stage?

PAC just beat Thurman and needs a fight (last fight?) that will push him even further to put on a good show.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Every fighter that PAC fights now is bigger and younger than him.

All I’m saying is that putting PAC in with a Danny Garcia or Jeff Horn rematch is a weak choice for a guy that’s coming of a big win.

Name me a fighter in the 147 division right now that will put up a better fight against Crawford or Spence at this stage?

PAC just beat Thurman and needs a fight (last fight?) that will push him even further to put on a good show.
    You asked if Pac Man can beat Spence I said no.

Who should Pac Man fight next is another question. I agree take on Crawford but it probably will be Khan.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, he can't.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence couldn’t knock out a tiny Garcia..I know he wanted to put on a boxing lesson but still..
    He wasn’t looking for the knockout until the end and Mikey took his shots really well. An unpopular opinion of mine is that Mikey would beat Pacquiao too. Too quick and accurate. I think Mikey would even give prime Pacquiao trouble.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wasn’t looking for the knockout until the end and Mikey took his shots really well. An unpopular opinion of mine is that Mikey would beat Pacquiao too. Too quick and accurate. I think Mikey would even give prime Pacquiao trouble.
    You sure? Mikey was way out of his weight and league.

Thread Information