Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz 2

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    This fight is intriguing based on the upset which happened last time. I mean AJ did look like he was going to cruise for a bit until he got hurt and he just never recovered. I think this fight will probably be a bit more boring, more of a chess match. I doubt after the beating he took that AJ would come in looking to squash Ruiz, BUT in my opinion he should do exactly that because Ruiz wouldn't expect it right out of the gate, Ruiz would probably expect AJ to fight smart. However AJ just throwing caution to the wind plays a little into Ruiz's hands as it'll open him up for counters.

Regardless of weigh in I'm going to say AJ by split decision.....split decision robbery because AJ will get knocked down a few times again, Ruiz might get knocked down once, but he's sturdier. It'll set up a rubber match because why the hell not.

What kind of odds can I get for an AJ split decision win?
    You still talk loads of fuckin shit

What a bunch of nonesense
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    you still talk loads of fuckin shit

what a bunch of nonesense

Well I can't very well provide the entertainment and insight that you do can I?

How do you see the fight going? I mean there's plenty of ways it could play out, but I haven't seen you state how it'll play out. I've said it could be more of a chess match and it could, both fighters got hurt in the previous match and will likely seek to avoid that happening this time and so they'd fight in a more careful manner. On the other hand both fighters know they can hurt their opponent so perhaps they'll try that route and we'll have an early KO after both fighters let their hands fly (unlikely in this era of heavyweights). Ruiz might look to make AJ fear his power early on and try to crumble his confidence, AJ might look to remind Ruiz of his own power which sat him down before just to establish a little confidence.

The match is going to boil down to 2 things AJ's mental/psychological state, how did he cope with that loss/is his mind right now? And Ruiz's ego....did he train his balls off and get in a shape other than round or did he go all Buster Douglas and get fat and happy on the talkshow media circuit?

What I think will happen and what I'd like to happen are totally different. I'd like AJ to redeem himself with authority and then fight the winner of Wilder-Fury 2, but I think AJ is at a crossroads and I've not seen him handle adversity before he didn't handle it in the first fight that's for sure and IMO that'll stick with him.

It's intriguing though, kind of reminds me of Ingemar vs Floyd where either guy could get KO'd. AJ does have the tools to end it quickly and he should have accomplished that the first time.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was only messing mate, just haven't been on the forum for ages and it always used to be fun telling you you're talking shit

Anyway

If AJ is anywhere near himself he will win by KO early, he's seems to be struggling mentally to me tho so it may go to the middle rounds and it wouldn't surprise me if he lost again
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I was only messing mate, just haven't been on the forum for ages and it always used to be fun telling you you're talking shit

Anyway

If AJ is anywhere near himself he will win by KO early, he's seems to be struggling mentally to me tho so it may go to the middle rounds and it wouldn't surprise me if he lost again
    No worries man I actually rather enjoyed reading your shot at me. It's been too long since we've had a proper argument over boxing talents.

If AJ comes in and stops Ruiz early all will be forgotten until the next time AJ fights a true big bomber. If I'm Ruiz, I want to be sneaky and maybe a little dirty, try and bully AJ to get that little fear in him, but don't immediately gun for the KO as he'll no doubt be looking for just that. Hurt him, get him on the hook if you will and slowly reel him in, showcase some hit and don't get hit boxing prowess.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua to be patient in Andy Ruiz Jr. rematch after learning lesson from first meeting

Anthony Joshua insists he will not make the same "little mistake" against Andy Ruiz Jr. a second time around after a lack of patience cost him his heavyweight titles.

Ruiz stunned the boxing world back in June when he stopped overwhelming favorite Joshua at Madison Square Garden in New York, in the process securing the IBF, WBA and WBO belts.

However, the beaten Briton believes the outcome would have been different had he shown a greater degree of patience after dropping his rival in the third round.

In his haste to get the job done, Joshua was caught himself and sent to the canvas. He was knocked down again before the end of the third and, having never fully regained his composure, eventually stopped in the seventh.

The two will do it all over again on December 7 in Saudi Arabia, though the hungry challenger intends to make sure history is not repeated.

"There's no need to rush. Until the beef is 100 percent cooked, don't take it out of the oven," Joshua told Sky Sports. "I went to take it out of the oven and got burned. I've got to wait a little more, wait until it's ready and then I'm going to go in for the kill.

"In the last fight it wasn't ready yet, I should have left it in there a little longer. It was a little mistake on my part – the good thing is I've got a chance to do it again."

Both fighters were in London on Friday for the finale of a three-day press tour that included stops in Saudi Arabia and New York.

Speaking on home soil, Joshua revealed his determination to overcome what he described as a "blip" in the first meeting, with the focus quickly switching to training now media duties are over.

"It becomes fun when you're winning. Now I've taken my loss and am fighting for the championship belts," Joshua said. "I'm not fighting anyone else – I'm fighting the champion, a serious fighter. I've got to focus. It's a great mindset to have - the minute you lose that, you've got to retire.

"You've got to be hungry. I had a blip – you go again. I'm not shy, no fear. I'm stepping straight back in and looking forward to it.

"To see him [Ruiz] here, seeing the belts and everyone here, it's our last press conference and now we can train, train, train."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ant...190121997.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW! Fatso had better hit the gym...Somebody needs to take a camel count, Ruiz may have eaten a few?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua’s trainer McCracken backed over concussion comments

Anthony Joshua’s trainer Rob McCracken will not face any disciplinary action for saying he allowed his heavyweight to keep fighting while concussed, after receiving the full backing of the British Boxing Board of Control.

The brain charity Headway has been deeply critical of McCracken’s admission that he “knew” Joshua was concussed against Andy Ruiz Jr yet kept “trying to get him through a few more rounds” – and accused him of failing in his duty of care for the former WBA, IBF and WBO world champion.

Related: Amnesty says Anthony Joshua is being duped over Saudi Arabia fight

McCracken has since clarified his remarks, saying he was “not a doctor and it may be that concussed is not the right term to have used”, and strenuously denied any wrongdoing.

“In professional boxing, fighters inevitably take punches and have difficult rounds and when they come back to the corner it is your job as a coach to make a quick assessment of the situation,” he said. “There is no formal concussional protocol where the doctor steps in to assess the boxer so you have to use your experience as a coach and your knowledge of the person to make a decision on whether you think they can recover.”

And the trainer has now been fully supported by Robert Smith, general secretary of the British Boxing Board of Control, who told the Guardian he saw nothing wrong with McCracken’s original comments.

“I don’t think Robert said anything out of sync,” Smith said. “Boxing is a combat sport. People do get hit and concussions do occur. Obviously the referee and trainers are there to look after the boxers to the best of their ability, and I can understand Robert’s comments completely. He is very experienced. I have no issues with Robert at all. He is very qualified. He is one of the best in the world.”

Smith also rejected claims by Headway that McCracken had failed in his duty of care and could have seriously damaged Joshua’s health by allowing him to carry on. “I trust Robert impeccably,” he said. “If any of his boxers were in that serious trouble he would have pulled them out, I am sure.”

When asked what advice he would give to a trainer who felt his fighter had a concussion, Smith replied: “You’ve got to see what you have got when a fighter sits down. Concussion in a boxing contest must occur on a regular basis – you are getting punched so there will be concussions – and people do recover. Joshua got knocked down by Wladimir Klitschko and recovered to win. People condemn us, but we take the safety of our boxers very seriously. Our medicals are very stringent. And we have a lot of things in place as regard to any boxer for any issue. Our job is to make it as safe as we possibly can but we can’t be 100% safe.”

Smith also defended boxing from criticism that it lacked the formal concussion protocols that are now commonplace in other collision sports. “In this country, if a doctor has any concerns as regards to the physical condition of a boxer he has the right to go up to the ring and tell the referee stop the fight,” he said.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/rob...171408537.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Ruiz beats Joshua again in the rematch.

It feels great to be able to truthfully state on your dating profile that you have the physique of a world heavyweight boxing champion.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's clear Joshua has no desire left for the sport. He was not just whipped physically but mentally and emotionally his heart isn't in it anymore. He can't adjust to this beatdown, he'll get beat down again.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Povetkin and Hunter continue to face tough opposition. Credit to both guys.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz 2 undercard: Michael Hunter, Alexander Povetkin and Scott Quigg added to bill

Alexander Povetkin and Michael Hunter will meet on the undercard of Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua II in Saudi Arabia.

The first three undercard fights for the 7 December show in Riyadh have been announced with former WBA super-bantamweight champion Scott Quigg set to take on Ireland’s Jono Carroll.

Filip Hrgovic with also be in action, taking on a former Joshua opponent in Eric Molina.

Hunter, who signed with Matchroom Boxing earlier this year, has just one defeat as a professional, a decision loss to the peerless Oleksandr Usyk in 2017. After securing an impressive win over Sergey Kuzmin in September, the 31-year-old takes on another Russian in Povetkin.

Povetkin is back on the title hunt after falling short against Joshua in September 2018, impressively dealing with Hughie Fury in his last outing in August this year.

Liam Smith vs Jessie Vargas is another rumoured undercard bout while Dereck Chisora is eager to appear on the show after stopping David Price in swift fashion last weekend.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ant...191000664.html

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough one for Joshua this. The party line from Joshua and the pro Joshua crowd will be he got careless and got caught and never recovered. Technically accurate I suppose. But it removes any credit from Ruiz and completely rules out the possibility that it was always coming at some point, might not have been the third round, but it was coming. Ruiz looked totally at ease in there at all times, even when he was on the seat of his pants for the first time, he never flinched. He punched with Joshua pretty much every time and had the better success, he's faster, a more fluid and natural puncher technically, he was never not going to have some success. Why would that be different second time of asking with the added confidence (if he needed it) that he knows he can beat him and Joshua knows he can beat him.

I've said since day one that Joshua has an identity dilemma. He's supposed to be an outside boxer puncher, but his natural instinct is to be a fighter. He can keep it in check to a degree, did it pretty well against Povetkin, but because he's constantly caught between the two, when he gets close and lets fly, his body is in kill mode but his brain still seems to be on the outside and when some leather comes back at him it shorts a circuit. Saw it against Whyte, Wlad, Ruiz... people will say it's stamina, it isn't, I've never believed that. It's mental, it just manifests itself physically, but the root of the problem is his head, he burns up mentally when things go wrong. He was able to right the ship against Whyte and Wlad, Ruiz never let him off the hook.

As he matures the beaten path would suggest that he becomes more at one with the boxer puncher approach, seen it many times, Lennox Lewis the prime example. But it's horses for courses, Joshua's best approach might be to take the surprise element out of the equation and just embrace the fact that he's a fighter and take his brain with him into those firefight exchanges he likes to get himself into.

I'd like to see him reverse the loss. I'm not so sure he will.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz looks in decent shape, and I see he was sparring with Hunter. I feel it's a tough fight for both guys. I'm going to hold off until a bit closer to fight time, but right now I slightly favor Joshua.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ruiz looks in decent shape, and I see he was sparring with Hunter. I feel it's a tough fight for both guys. I'm going to hold off until a bit closer to fight time, but right now I slightly favor Joshua.
    I agree, I see AJ boxing cautiously and not taking any unnecessary risks, as he did with Parker, and winning on points.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz looks to have lost a shit load of weight. Not sure if that’s a good idea.

Only a month to go. I’m still slightly favouring Ruiz as he has the mental edge but that could change
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information