27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    As much as I think ruiz deserves a third match I am not sure I want to see it
    Ruiz doesn't deserve a rematch. He should have trained properly for this fight. He got used to those silk pajamas.
    I get that. I just think there’s been two fights - one a win by a lopsided comprehensive boxing shut out to one guy and the other a lopsided comprehensive beating win by the other.

Had Ruiz been same weight as last time we”d be saying otherwise.

But not training properly just isn’t right so tough one.

We forgave Lewis once.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz cheated the public out of their money by being totally unprofessional and not training properly.

He won the lottery by getting his title shot and showed extremely limited ambition by settling for 2 big paydays as opposed to training hard, respecting the sport and actually becoming a good heavyweight champion.

A squat, tank like fighter with fast hands, surprisingly nimble footwork and a very good chin. He could have made something much better out of his talent but I will remember him for his laziness in training and for kissing that latent talent up the wall.

I’m not a Joshua fanboy, and sometimes find him cringeworthy, but what he pulled off is very impressive. Having built his entire career on being a destroyer, he showed true grit and also ability in transforming himself into a completely different fighter for this rematch. Not many fighters, and very few heavyweights have ever pulled off such a stylistic change.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ruiz never closed the gap, or never tried to, so that if joshua stopped moving, so would ruiz. if joshua was moving ruiz was following him, and if joshua set his feet ruiz would freeze in place waiting for something, anything to work off of. there wasnt. and all joshua had to do was set his feet to freeze ruiz at mid range, give him nothing, then pull him back out.

i dont know if ruiz beats that joshua, but if he was at all in shape, maybe he could at least try.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The pig fest is over.

The corporate managers at Snickers and KFC are suicidal right now.

The fight was a classic case of a professional athlete who gives his sport 100% and someone who isn't and doesn't.

If you prefer to watch a fat guy plod around hoping his opponent forgets his game plan and gets in range for a game changing shot then there's plenty of carpark / back yard bare knuckle fights on youtube to watch but boxing's not for you.

A true pro learns from and corrects his mistakes. A 15 minutes of famer expects things to play out the same way and loses his desire when he flukes his way to the top.

This result was a victory for boxing, as it shows the difference between a pro boxer and a half interested punch.

Also there is also a lesson for Wilder from this match.

You keep losing rounds hoping your one punch is going to put your opponent to sleep ? Sure it will happen most of the time. But sooner or later there will come one fight where the opponent is smart enough to fight perfectly for 12 rounds...and you will lose that fight badly.

As for AJ ? He "Wladed" Ruiz. Gotta say it was kinda funny that you had this short fat guy having a spartan Adonis looking man running around fighting. Jab, jab, run, hold, jab, jab, run.

As well as AJ boxed he will never be able to slip, roll and ride with punches like a Fury

But IMO he beats Fury because Ruiz has the kinda chin that Wayne Mccoullough, Marcos Villasana, Jake Lamatta and Oliver McCall had and some of the shots AJ landed on Ruiz would have taken Fury out.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 12-09-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awesome post

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everybody says Fury is a better boxer but who is Olympic Champion Joshua that's who not Fury folks.
    Olympic Champions are not two a penny they talk about amateur pedigree AJ has it don't be surprised he boxes Fury's head off.
    Wilder has a punch pretty poor against a 40 plus old man yes he wins by ko but he lost 6 rounds on the trot not the best.
    On any given night the 3 could beat each other.!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree on any given night they can all beat each other.

A disciplined AJ out points wilder easily

Wilder can stop Fury - but I'd favour fury ud

Fury schools AJ all day long for me
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Everybody says Fury is a better boxer but who is Olympic Champion Joshua that's who not Fury folks.
    Olympic Champions are not two a penny they talk about amateur pedigree AJ has it don't be surprised he boxes Fury's head off.
    Wilder has a punch pretty poor against a 40 plus old man yes he wins by ko but he lost 6 rounds on the trot not the best.
    On any given night the 3 could beat each other.!
    Exactly! Never forget Audley Harrison, another heavyweight Gold medallist.

if AJ is given a script, he can execute it Klitchsko style, its very evident he struggles to adapt unless a style is tailor made for him.

Wilder struggles too, just trying to time that right hand all night. Does anything think AJ can cope with that handspeed and power for 12 rounds?

AJ boxing Furys head off? Lets LOL at that shall we?

All three have glaring weak points. however at this stage we can only dream that they actually fight each other.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Cassius Clay makes all 3 look like the garbage they really are.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Prime Cassius Clay makes all 3 look like the garbage they really are.
    Yeah, of course he does. But I don’t think anyone is saying this crop is anything less than sub standard comparatively speaking.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was Fury a outstanding amateur No AJ Olympic Champion need I say more Harrison well he was a very poor pro.
    AJ is a two times Champion shit there is know pleasing some people he lost he came back he totally outboxed Ruiz.
    Ruiz was in shocking condition shameful really 20 stone of blubber.
    The art of boxing to hit and not be hit that was a classic display of the noble art.!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one thing I can’t understand is how anybody would be interested in a third fight between AJ and Ruiz. I would only be interested if Ruiz took a couple of fights and beat some top fighters to prove that he would take a third fight seriously. I have no interest to watch another cash grab by Ruiz.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder already trying to piggy back off AJ and claim that he is being ducked

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/08/deon...nthony-joshua/ WBC champion Deontay Wilder has revealed he does not see a fight with Anthony Joshua for all the belts ever happening.
    Joshua reclaimed his WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO belts from Andy Ruiz in Saudi Arabia on Saturday, almost six months after he lost it at Madison Square Garden.
    This has led to talk that Wilder and Joshua could face off in a unification bout.
    However, Wilder told The Athletic: “I don’t think we’ll ever see a unification bout.
    “We’ll never see it, and I don’t want people to get their hopes up on it because it’ll never happen.
    “They couldn’t say anything about fighting me. They couldn’t mention my name. They went around me
    “I’m too dangerous. You’ve seen what I do in the ring. I don’t play around. And they know if Ruiz can get Joshua out of there, imagine. That’s why they stayed away from me.”
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems Joshua may fight Usyk and Pulev in mandatory fights next
    Hidden Content

Thread Information