Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz 2

Andy Ruiz Jr tells Anthony Joshua to his face that he ‘quit’ in first fight, plans to end his career in rematch

Andy Ruiz Jr told Anthony Joshua he believes he did ‘quit’ at the end of their first fight in June.

The unified heavyweight world champion also stated that he’s planning to end AJ’s career in their upcoming rematch as he sees the fight as a ‘him or me’ scenario.

During the Sky Sports face-to-face ‘Gloves Are Off’ show, host Johnny Nelson asked Ruiz Jr whether he agreed with the people who have claimed Joshua ‘quit’ when their fight was stopped in the seventh round.

The Mexican-American replied: “A little bit. I feel he quit because of the way that it was won.

“I think he was still out of it, I didn’t think he knew where he was at that moment. I think that he quit.”

Joshua replied: “The referee waved off the fight. It’s just opinion, innit. I roll with it, I ride with it, I’m a champion through and through, no matter what anyone says to me.”

When asked if he’d ever do the same thing in that situation, Ruiz replied: ”Depends how hurt I was. I’m not gonna quit, if I fall I fall.”

Joshua then said: “The conclusion is, ‘I quit,’ but I feel like why wouldn’t I have stayed though?”

Ruiz appeared to agree: “He was still up, the referee was the one that waved it off.”

And AJ responded again: “Why wouldn’t I have stayed though? He hit me with a shot I couldn’t recover from and I still stuck in there.”

Conversation then turned to what happens after the bout for the winner or loser.

Some have suggested Joshua could retire from the sport should he be beaten again, and the champion made no bones about the fact he’s planning to end the Brit’s career.

“I have to,” Ruiz Jr said, “I have to, right? He’s trying to take my career as well.

“It’s either me or him inside the ring. I will and I am.”

Joshua and Ruiz both arrived in Saudi Arabia at the start of the week ahead of part 2.

The fight is taking place in Riyadh and a purpose-built arena has been constructed for the contest, with a capacity of 15,000.

Ruiz Jr initially kicked up a fuss about fighting in the Middle East, but all issues were soon resolved.

The WBA, IBF & WBO heavyweight titles will be at stake, although it is thought that the winner will almost certainly have to vacate at least one of the belts as a queue of mandatory challengers are forming to contest the crown.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...loves-are-off/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do getting that's butterflies in my stomach about this fight. I watch that roundtable and both looks calm and thoughts filled. I think I see a glimmer of doubt in Joshua eyeballs. I think he style is perfect for Ruiz. I think Ruiz win again by KO MAYBE ROUND 3

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I do getting that's butterflies in my stomach about this fight. I watch that roundtable and both looks calm and thoughts filled. I think I see a glimmer of doubt in Joshua eyeballs. I think he style is perfect for Ruiz. I think Ruiz win again by KO MAYBE ROUND 3
    Brock mate, I think the secret’s out of the bag now. Now need to carry on this facade.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

aj looks much better without the muscle bulk. not sure if it'll help his chin
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    His eyes looks fish, like fish eyes, he is bugging, Ruiz have his number and the big robotic oaf knows it. @Primo Carnera Che vuoi dire, stronso.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    His eyes looks fish, like fish eyes, he is bugging, Ruiz have his number and the big robotic oaf knows it. @Primo Carnera Che vuoi dire, stronso.
    1. I think there should be a question mark?
    2. I think there should be a “Z”, not an “S”
    So I’ll reply by saying.
    Stonga dicenno che tu si nu cabocchio e nu saba manc’u gazzo! E si fasool te trova, facces o’cullo tante a te!
    Good luck trying to copy and paste that into google translate as it’s totally in dialect.
    But if you like my petit pois, i’ll Translate it into Armenian for you!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just watched it

definitely some looks of doubt in AJ's eyes especially when the quitting question came up.

Ruiz seemed calm and collected for me and he knows what he has to do.

AJ still wins in every department for me apart from mentally - and that's the key one.

Ruiz has nothing to lose, he's champ when no one thought he would be. He's all wrong for AJ..................
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there a rematch clause in favour of Ruiz if AJ wins?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I was wondering that very thing. I bet the original fight clause had a no rematch if AJ wins the rematch clause...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

before the first fight they asked joshua whats your plan to win the fight. he said im going to go in there and im going to use my size and im going to use my strength. that means he didnt have a plan. now he really needs a plan and im still not sure he actually has one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn’t realize this fight was on Saturday until about two days ago. Shows how interested I am. The first fight was a good and exciting fight but I’m just not expecting this one to be. I think that AJ will be much more tentative and box. I think he will probably win a comfortable decision. It won’t be shocking to see AJ get knocked out again, but I think AJ will end up winning.

The most interesting thing about this fight is that I think it determines AJ’s career. If he wins, he is back in the mix. If he loses, I think that mentally, his career is over.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His career, like Liston's, like Courage Tschabalala's, like Foreman's first career, WAS FUCKING OVER when he spat out his mouthpiece in Round 7 against Ruiz.

Stick a motherfucking fork in his big Adonis Hercules Atlas ass. He's done.

Ruiz KO 5/6

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    There won't be. In the original contract Ruiz was contractually obligated to give Joshua a rematch if he won. All Joshua has to do to get the rematch was to say he wanted it. After this fight both guys are free and clear. If Joshua wins that's it for Ruiz. Since he's with Haymon he'll probably get recycled as a future Wilder dance partner. If Ruiz wins Haymon controls Ruiz and Wilder and Joshua is frozen out. Joshua's best hope of anything happening then is Fury beating Wilder, but Wilder almost certainly has a rematch clause in that contract and all he'll have to do to tie Fury up is exercise that clause.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The winner is obligated to face the WBO and IBF mandatory, it's already a given that the winner will dump the WBO (Haymon doesn't deal with them regardless) allowing Uysk to fight for the vacant title in February. Whoever wins has to face Pulev (IBF) next or dump that too.

Joshua can't be frozen out as Hearn will have the WBO title regardless and all the top heavyweights... barring Wilder, Fury and Ruiz of course. However, should Joshua lose he's going to need a year or so to ease back regardless.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't see where Joshua goes if he loses again given his financial standing.

Fight due at 9pm which is the same time Shed 7 are due to take to the stage in Leeds. I have a feeling my ticket will go unused and I'll be home in front of the TV....

Thread Information