Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Can't see where Joshua goes if he loses again given his financial standing.

Fight due at 9pm which is the same time Shed 7 are due to take to the stage in Leeds. I have a feeling my ticket will go unused and I'll be home in front of the TV....
    He goes to Hollywood. big young handsome guy like that they big Adonis a big Hercules a modern-day Atlas. Plenty of movies down the pipeline for that guy

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Can't see where Joshua goes if he loses again given his financial standing.

Fight due at 9pm which is the same time Shed 7 are due to take to the stage in Leeds. I have a feeling my ticket will go unused and I'll be home in front of the TV....
    I'd prefer to go see shed 7

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll have regrets whichever I choose.....

Unless I come out to find it was an AJ klitschko style shut out win by ud
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The winner is obligated to face the WBO and IBF mandatory, it's already a given that the winner will dump the WBO (Haymon doesn't deal with them regardless) allowing Uysk to fight for the vacant title in February. Whoever wins has to face Pulev (IBF) next or dump that too.

Joshua can't be frozen out as Hearn will have the WBO title regardless and all the top heavyweights... barring Wilder, Fury and Ruiz of course. However, should Joshua lose he's going to need a year or so to ease back regardless.

If he manages to lose twice in a row to the Michelin Man his commercial worth is going to take a gigantic nosedive. There's nothing like two embarrassing defeats in a row to have bandwagon fans deserting en masse and leaving a massively popular fighter suddenly not so popular. He's going to go from Wembley to the O2 and the only chance he's going to get to fight for what the public consider the real title is if Fury beats Wilder twice in a row. He's made lots of money and when you add the fact that he's comfortable financially to the fact that he'll be mentally fucked by the double loss it's a legitimate question as to whether he'll ever be able to get himself back to the top. It definitely won't happen anytime soon.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I think if Joshua loses in the same manner it'll be a wrap for him. His level will be cemented and marketability in permanent desperate rebuild. If he can't do it proper off the back of the first fight shocker than little reason to think he'll motivate even more. Can also easily see a third fight barring him being blitzed early. Not totally sure of start time in Central time zone inStates but almost certain to miss it on a Saturday morning which really sucks. Work, folks anniversary, Pearl Harbor Day a.m ceremony and fight. Man I really miss HBO fight NIGHT .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, spics, he's toast if he's sparked, and let's say milk toast if he loses a decision -- I really can't see a 2rd fight, if AJ wins decisivement then peeps will say Ruiz got his Golden Night
    like Buster got in Tokyo. I see Ruiz rinse n repeat here, maybe AJ MAKES ADjustements but only buys him a few rounds, ....

AJ will gas, I mean damn they were talking about a concussion in the last fight okay I can see that he was wincing a bit and maybe that is true but what about his conditioning? He was already huffing and puffing at the end of the third round. Big giant will gas.

Ruiz KO 6

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3rd fight, twas a Typo I mean Typeaux

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really mind who wins this one. It would be nice to see Ruiz continue his rise with another dominant win, he only has that 1 disputed loss. Also Ruiz/ Wilder might be easier to make. It would also be nice to see Joshua rebuild and avenge his only loss. I'm more interested in Povetkin/ Hunter on this card. I just hope they are good fights with no controversy.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have we got a predictions thread or poll for this. Be interesting to see what everyone's prediction is. Tough one but with a gun to my head and having to put my house on it I'd currently go.....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The winner is obligated to face the WBO and IBF mandatory, it's already a given that the winner will dump the WBO (Haymon doesn't deal with them regardless) allowing Uysk to fight for the vacant title in February. Whoever wins has to face Pulev (IBF) next or dump that too.

Joshua can't be frozen out as Hearn will have the WBO title regardless and all the top heavyweights... barring Wilder, Fury and Ruiz of course. However, should Joshua lose he's going to need a year or so to ease back regardless.

If he manages to lose twice in a row to the Michelin Man his commercial worth is going to take a gigantic nosedive. There's nothing like two embarrassing defeats in a row to have bandwagon fans deserting en masse and leaving a massively popular fighter suddenly not so popular. He's going to go from Wembley to the O2 and the only chance he's going to get to fight for what the public consider the real title is if Fury beats Wilder twice in a row. He's made lots of money and when you add the fact that he's comfortable financially to the fact that he'll be mentally fucked by the double loss it's a legitimate question as to whether he'll ever be able to get himself back to the top. It definitely won't happen anytime soon.
    Should Ruiz win, a fight vs Wilder is THE dream heavyweight matchup America has been craving, the demographic couldn't be better. If Joshua loses he wont have to worry about that side of the street for a year or two regardless.

However, if he does decide to continue, "downgrade" to the 02 and gets a couple of comeback wins his blip against Buster will swiftly be written off. The greatest fighters in history have had a bogey man.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The final press conference is strange with Eddie running it, asking the questions instead of a moderator.

Literally everything stacked against Ruiz, but in the end there’s a fight and he has the opportunity to beat the stacked deck.

Also, stadium built with slave labor in 2019. Yes, slave labor is still a thing. Bravo Eddie, bravo DAZN, supporting and promoting slavery. Let’s help make Saudi f’n Arabia and all its horrors accepted. There is no level too low for this scumbag. He’s going to make me respect Bob Arum

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is, as fight time appraoches, a growing sentiment that this will be a Lennox Lewis/Hasim Rahman rematch BLOWOUT.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    There is, as fight time appraoches, a growing sentiment that this will be a Lennox Lewis/Hasim Rahman rematch BLOWOUT.
    Lennox won the rematch, so I hope you are right.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Lennox won the rematch, so I hope you are right.

I know you are hoping for AJ, and he sure has atleast a 50/50 chance or better, as he is angry and embarrassed by getting sparked by a somewhat (ahem!) out of shape-looking guy known to scarf down Snickers and Butterfingers bars by the dozen, I kid you not. So like Lennox was somewhat embarrassed by Hasim sparking him, I can see AJ as well, wanting to destroy the opponent here. But Ruiz, too, needs to not make that Hasim Rematch mistake of being to cocky.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The final press conference is strange with Eddie running it, asking the questions instead of a moderator.

Literally everything stacked against Ruiz, but in the end there’s a fight and he has the opportunity to beat the stacked deck.

Also, stadium built with slave labor in 2019. Yes, slave labor is still a thing. Bravo Eddie, bravo DAZN, supporting and promoting slavery. Let’s help make Saudi f’n Arabia and all its horrors accepted. There is no level too low for this scumbag. He’s going to make me respect Bob Arum
    Is there anyone you actually fucking like? It must be a barrel of laughs round yours at Christmas!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information