Likes Likes:  86
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua v Ruiz 2

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz 2

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Am I really the only one who doesn't feel like I have anything at all invested in this fight?
    I mean, I'm going to watch it and I'm looking forward to it but I couldn't care a shit about the HW's right now.

You have the media machine known as AJ looking to avenge a loss and prove he wasn't "exposed"
    You have Ruiz who came along and ruined AJ's party but if he wins the rematch does that prove that he is a real player in the HW's or just that AJ was in fact "exposed"
    You have Fury who is now a part time wrestler
    You have Wilder who talks about killing people and not a lot else, yeah he is fighting Ortiz again but I think that will end early this time round, the old man will be knocked sparko within the first 4 rounds I reckon

I just can't get myself up for it at the moment and I really don't care a fuck who wins it, actually that is a bit of a lie, if AJ wins he will be unbearable, and for that reason only I want Ruiz to win via a comprehensive KO
    You're not alone in that.

I've read where Wlad wants to make a comeback and beat Foreman's oldest heavyweight title holder and even with that I'm not excited about it.

The division has some talent, but the big fights aren't being made....just have AJ vs Wilder already. Even then the aura, the personalities, there's a distinct lack of spice to the division. There's no Floyd or McGregor or what have you to the division. Everything these days is just ho-hum scripted bullshit when it comes to pressers and everything. Tyson Fury tries bless his heart. He tries being interesting....he comes across more goofy than dangerous as does Wilder. AJ is blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Ruiz is an afterthought. Ortiz is a drug cheat (Fury is a drug cheat too ), Miller was a guy I was high on, but he certainly fucked that up.

Nothing new, nothing fresh, nothing worth my interest, but I can still take a guess about a winner.

Hell I wish there was a few Brewster's, Byrd's, Golota's, and Sam Peter's around truth be told and even those guys were relatively boring when it came to an interview.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Am I really the only one who doesn't feel like I have anything at all invested in this fight?
    I mean, I'm going to watch it and I'm looking forward to it but I couldn't care a shit about the HW's right now.

You have the media machine known as AJ looking to avenge a loss and prove he wasn't "exposed"
    You have Ruiz who came along and ruined AJ's party but if he wins the rematch does that prove that he is a real player in the HW's or just that AJ was in fact "exposed"
    You have Fury who is now a part time wrestler
    You have Wilder who talks about killing people and not a lot else, yeah he is fighting Ortiz again but I think that will end early this time round, the old man will be knocked sparko within the first 4 rounds I reckon

I just can't get myself up for it at the moment and I really don't care a fuck who wins it, actually that is a bit of a lie, if AJ wins he will be unbearable, and for that reason only I want Ruiz to win via a comprehensive KO
    You're not alone in that.

I've read where Wlad wants to make a comeback and beat Foreman's oldest heavyweight title holder and even with that I'm not excited about it.

The division has some talent, but the big fights aren't being made....just have AJ vs Wilder already. Even then the aura, the personalities, there's a distinct lack of spice to the division. There's no Floyd or McGregor or what have you to the division. Everything these days is just ho-hum scripted bullshit when it comes to pressers and everything. Tyson Fury tries bless his heart. He tries being interesting....he comes across more goofy than dangerous as does Wilder. AJ is blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Ruiz is an afterthought. Ortiz is a drug cheat (Fury is a drug cheat too ), Miller was a guy I was high on, but he certainly fucked that up.

Nothing new, nothing fresh, nothing worth my interest, but I can still take a guess about a winner.

Hell I wish there was a few Brewster's, Byrd's, Golota's, and Sam Peter's around truth be told and even those guys were relatively boring when it came to an interview.
    Ruiz only 3/1 having checked, unlike the 17 I got last time, I think I'm with you, can't be arsed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Ruiz wants more than 15 minutes of fame, somebody needs to tell him that 15 donuts a day is not good.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz rematch: Kubrat Pulev expected to fight winner ahead of Oleksandr Usyk

Kubrat Pulev is likely to fight the winner of Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua II, rather than Oleksandr Usyk.

Pulev is the mandatory challenger for the IBF heavyweight title, while Usyk is the mandatory challenger for the WBO.

With both titles on the line in Ruiz and Joshua’s rematch in Saudi Arabia, it is unclear who the winner will be mandated to fight, but the Bulgarian’s promoters are confident it will be Pulev.

“Kubrat Pulev’s next fight will be for the IBF world heavyweight title,” his promoters Top Rank told Sky Sports.

“If the Joshua-Ruiz winner decides not to fight Pulev, his next fight will be for the vacant IBF title.”

Pulev has been beaten only once in 29 previous fights, and earned his position as mandatory challenger for the IBF title with victory over Hughie Fury.

It seems likely that one of the two titles will be vacated by the victor of Ruiz-Joshua, unless an agreement can be reached between the two organisations.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ant...082831849.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why doesn't winner of WilderFury fight the winner

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amazing how a (very good) cruiserweight can have one fight at heavyweight against a limited opponent - and suddenly become number one mandatory contender for the WBO title. That must really piss off career heavyweights who have worked for a long time to get into that position.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Amazing how a (very good) cruiserweight can have one fight at heavyweight against a limited opponent - and suddenly become number one mandatory contender for the WBO title. That must really piss off career heavyweights who have worked for a long time to get into that position.

Add a couple of opponents and change the org... and we could easily be thinking back to David Haye. Especially the last sentence in your post.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Might be off but I think he was actually put in #1 spot before even touched gloves with ol Witherspoon which makes it even more obscene. Once again I'm back to my thinking the heavyweights on whole are really overrated and overstated. Ruiz and AJ both have the feel of guys not long for the sport for different reasons. Wilder is having pointless do overs with the impediment of a ppv tag and at the rate he's going Fury will be headlining Dancing with the Stars or some shat. The way of the division future is there for all these younger guns coming on and Usyk who honestly seems more willing to face the 'best' than those who should be willing at this point.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's down to how big a sanctioning fee can you produce. He's got promotional muscle behind him, won that world series thing, has been in big fights and can give the WBO some decent paydays.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte joins Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz undercard to take on Polish heavyweight Mariusz Wach

Dillian Whyte will return to the ring to take on Mariusz Wach on the Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz undercard in Saudi Arabia.

The British heavyweight has not fought since his impressive victory over the previously undefeated Oscar Rivas in July – a victory that was overshadowed by a failed drug test.

Whyte was provisionally suspended by the World Boxing Council pending an investigation into an adverse finding in a drugs test prior to his meeting with Rivas.

The Londoner, who was cleared to fight by UK Anti-Doping and the British Boxing Board of Control, denied any wrongdoing, insisting he won his meeting with Rivas “fair and square.”

He joins the card in Saudi Arabia that now features five heavyweight bouts on Saturday 7 December.
    Polish fighter Wach has won 35 of his 40 professional bouts, including his last two. The 37-year-old is struggled stepping up to anything resembling world level, however, having lost to Martin Banole, Artur Szpilka and Jarrell Miller in the last two years.

Wach also has defeats to Alexander Povetkin and Wladimir Klitschko on his record.

Joshua vs Ruiz undercard
    Alexander Povetkin v Michael Hunter​
    Dillian Whyte v Mariusz Wach​
    Filip Hrgovic v Eric Molina​
    Mahammadrasul Majidov v Tom Little
    Diego Pacheco vs TBC
    Hope Price vs TBC

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'd like to see aj gain revenge, ruiz could prove to have the better chin
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A week to go. AJ looking in shape and focused.

Fight will be decided when ruiz lands his first decent punch. Joshua will stay focused and deal with it. Or fold.....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If there is an early blowout, I think it's a Joshua win. He is very dangerous early on and can definitely hit and knock anybody out.

Having said that, he got an early knockdown against Ruiz last time, and it was his overeagerness to close the show that led to him being countered and beaten up. It might make him more cautious.

You would think that the longer the fight goes, the more it favours Ruiz as the demons will return to the beaten fighters head. I still can't see how somebody with Ruiz' body shape can be truly fit though.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte being allowed to fight after failing with D-Bol in his system and then proceeding to use illegal gloves is absolutely shameful. UKAD, BBBofC, Hearn, Whyte, all shameful.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Whyte being allowed to fight after failing with D-Bol in his system and then proceeding to use illegal gloves is absolutely shameful. UKAD, BBBofC, Hearn, Whyte, all shameful.
    Illegal gloves?

Thread Information