84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz 2

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    The only mistake Ruiz made was allowing that ring to be so big.
    As the champ I would have ensured it was 16-18 feet rather than the ridiculous 22 feet.
    It was basically a cycle track!!!
    Would not have made any difference Ruiz was in no fit state to catch AJ. He was fighting in slow motion, he made AJ look like Muhammad Ali in that ring.
    If you take 8 feet from that ring, AJ would have only been able to bring a unicycle into the ring; which would have lead to him getting hit and getting KO'd.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ did what he needed to win and fought smart. When it comes down to it, his style more showed his mental state. He knocked down Ruiz in their first fight but got careless and got caught. He is now gun shy which doesn’t lend itself to fight Wilder and he isn’t going to outbox Fury.

Ruiz really isn’t that dangerous of an opponent to be honest.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    AJ did what he needed to win and fought smart. When it comes down to it, his style more showed his mental state. He knocked down Ruiz in their first fight but got careless and got caught. He is now gun shy which doesn’t lend itself to fight Wilder and he isn’t going to outbox Fury.

Ruiz really isn’t that dangerous of an opponent to be honest.
    AJ should never have lost to Ruiz. He has beaten far better fighters and Ruiz got very lucky. Shame he let himself down with the rematch with his weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My prediction that with time to properly prepare Ruiz would hire a strength and conditioning coach, a chef, and really come into the ring in the shape of his life proved to be on the money. Joshua is now going to be Klitschko Mark II for the rest of his career. Joshua and Usyk will be interesting if it happens. God knows what condition Fury will be in after two fights with Wilder and whatever else he has going on. Right now I could see Fury beating him, Wilder I definitely think will spark Joshua. I have a feeling that Joshua just takes a load of easy fights in England and avoids Fury until he's past it and Wilder too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The winner is obligated to face the WBO and IBF mandatory, it's already a given that the winner will dump the WBO (Haymon doesn't deal with them regardless) allowing Uysk to fight for the vacant title in February. Whoever wins has to face Pulev (IBF) next or dump that too.

Joshua can't be frozen out as Hearn will have the WBO title regardless and all the top heavyweights... barring Wilder, Fury and Ruiz of course. However, should Joshua lose he's going to need a year or so to ease back regardless.

If he manages to lose twice in a row to the Michelin Man his commercial worth is going to take a gigantic nosedive. There's nothing like two embarrassing defeats in a row to have bandwagon fans deserting en masse and leaving a massively popular fighter suddenly not so popular. He's going to go from Wembley to the O2 and the only chance he's going to get to fight for what the public consider the real title is if Fury beats Wilder twice in a row. He's made lots of money and when you add the fact that he's comfortable financially to the fact that he'll be mentally fucked by the double loss it's a legitimate question as to whether he'll ever be able to get himself back to the top. It definitely won't happen anytime soon.
    Should Ruiz win, a fight vs Wilder is THE dream heavyweight matchup America has been craving, the demographic couldn't be better. If Joshua loses he wont have to worry about that side of the street for a year or two regardless.

However, if he does decide to continue, "downgrade" to the 02 and gets a couple of comeback wins his blip against Buster will swiftly be written off. The greatest fighters in history have had a bogey man.

Haymon will definitely make Wilder against Ruiz at some point no matter whether Ruiz wins or loses on Saturday. If he wins it'll definitely boost his commercial worth regardless of whatever alphabet belts he's left holding. Joshua can make a comeback from losing twice against Ruiz but that's a hell of a blip. If he can't beat Ruiz would you fancy him against Usyk? Really difficult to see him getting back to the top level again. A fight against Fury could make a lot of money but less so if Fury gets sparked by Wilder again.
    For what it's worth Fury was robbed against Wilder not sparked. However, Wilder just did terrible numbers against Ortiz - 7000 tickets (less than half Canelo-Kov gate) and 175-225k PPV - "Haymon" did his absolute bollocks if the purses were correct ($27 million). For all his beloved hardcore fanship Wilder's American audience simply don't buy his fights... watch but don't buy. Ruiz loses to AJ that fight is worth relative peanuts, especially in comparison to anything Joshua or Fury can do.

Ruiz is stylistically so different to Uysk the comparison is basically irrelevant. It's a boring old cliche but styles makes fights really is apt in this instance. Even if Ruiz irons AJ out again I don't see him ever beating Uysk or Fury.

Haymon seems to be convinced that Wilder turns into a massive PPV moneyspinner at some point with all the massive offers to Joshua for fights and so on. I just don't understand why he was paying Wilder such a gigantic purse for the Ortiz fight though. I mean Wilder is signed to him, Haymon can arrange a smaller purse with PPV upside that doesn't leave him massively out of pocket. If the Fury rematch doesn't sell much more than the Ortiz rematch then what is Haymon going to do then, pay a gigantic fee to get Joshua? Who says Joshua fighting Wilder, even in America, is going to turn Wilder into a massive PPV earner? I can't see Joshua or Hearn ever agreeing to fight Wilder in America now anyway. Maybe as a guaranteed rematch after the first fight in Britain. Ruiz will get a Wilder fight at some point assuming he continues and Wilder keeps winning but it'll be more of a keep busy fight for Wilder.

I don't think Joshua would fight Usyk any differently to the way he fought Ruiz on Saturday. I think that's it for Joshua now, safety first and keep it at range. Like Klitschko Mark II. He's going to fight like that every fight and it's going to be awful to watch. Somebody said nobody complains when Mayweather fights safety first but it's different from Mayweather doing it in two ways. Firstly Joshua is nowhere near as skilled as Mayweather. If Joshua fights a Fury in decent nick then it'll look a lot different to fighting that shortarse tub of lard on Saturday. Secondly this is the heavyweights. People want to see proper fights and knockouts, not some gunshy giant jabbing away at somebody smaller for twelve rounds. It's boring and the fans turn off and don't watch and you can't blame them. The last thing we need is another Klitschko. Hopefully Usyk makes Joshua look stupid.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the double standards by some fans. Fury boxes and he's the bees knees. Joshua boxes and he's boring.

Joshua overcame a lot in this rematch and got the victory.

Fury barely beat Wallin and Wilder was being completely outboxed before landing his hail mary.

All 3 are flawed and match ups between all 3 bring different questions into their fights. It has been said here already that on their night all 3 can beat each other.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    As the champ I would have ensured it was 16-18 feet rather than the ridiculous 22 feet.
    Precisely

They gave him the Shanghai

If that was a 16 or 18 ft ring he would have knocked out Joshua very fast
    si mamie avait des couilles, je l'appellerais grand-père.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I love the double standards by some fans. Fury boxes and he's the bees knees. Joshua boxes and he's boring.

Fury barely beat Wallin and Wilder was being completely outboxed before landing his hail mary.

All 3 are flawed and match ups between all 3 bring different questions into their fights. It has been said here already that on their night all 3 can beat each other.
    I can’t speak for anybody but myself but my point is that AJ isn’t going to outbox Fury and being that gun shy against Wilder will be a disaster. I think it’s more of a toss up with Wilder if he fights like he did before this match and hope that he can out gun him.

So that’s the big question mark. Was this a one time thing? Or will AJ forever be hesitant as a fighter? Sometimes one knockout can completely throw off a fighters whole psyche.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can’t speak for anybody but myself but my point is that AJ isn’t going to outbox Fury and being that gun shy against Wilder will be a disaster. I think it’s more of a toss up with Wilder if he fights like he did before this match and hope that he can out gun him.

So that’s the big question mark. Was this a one time thing? Or will AJ forever be hesitant as a fighter? Sometimes one knockout can completely throw off a fighters whole psyche.
    I saw Fury struggle against Wallin. Maybe he took him lightly, maybe Wallin is better than we thought, maybe Wilder ruined Fury. Whatever the case, I think Fury/ Joshua is pretty even on paper at this stage, but I'll need to see what happens if Wilder/ Fury 2 happens. Wilder always gets outboxed, but he has that dangerous power. Anyway we match them, the fights are intriguing to me and until they actually prove it in the ring, we don't know the actual outcome. I don't think Fury can hurt Joshua, so he may commit a bit more than he did against Ruiz. Remember, Joshua was coming of his 1st loss, a stoppage, in an immediate rematch. How many other heavyweights have regained the championship in an immediate rematch? 4 or so? Some maybe unhappy with Joshua boxing, but that's the whole point of the sport and training and having a game plan. I love brawlers as much as the next guy, but I also appreciate the sweet science of hitting and not getting hit.

I agree that sometimes one knockout can completely throw off a fighters whole psyche, but do you think Fury escaped unscathed in his fights with Wilder and Wallin?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw Fury struggle against Wallin. Maybe he took him lightly, maybe Wallin is better than we thought, maybe Wilder ruined Fury. Whatever the case, I think Fury/ Joshua is pretty even on paper at this stage, but I'll need to see what happens if Wilder/ Fury 2 happens. Wilder always gets outboxed, but he has that dangerous power. Anyway we match them, the fights are intriguing to me and until they actually prove it in the ring, we don't know the actual outcome. I don't think Fury can hurt Joshua, so he may commit a bit more than he did against Ruiz. Remember, Joshua was coming of his 1st loss, a stoppage, in an immediate rematch. How many other heavyweights have regained the championship in an immediate rematch? 4 or so? Some maybe unhappy with Joshua boxing, but that's the whole point of the sport and training and having a game plan. I love brawlers as much as the next guy, but I also appreciate the sweet science of hitting and not getting hit.

I agree that sometimes one knockout can completely throw off a fighters whole psyche, but do you think Fury escaped unscathed in his fights with Wilder and Wallin?
    While I agree that Fury struggled with Wallin, you have to admit that that cut was awful and 100% affected the fight. The main thing that makes a Fury fight interesting is that I’m not sure where his head is at so I don’t know how serious he is taking boxing anymore.

I agree that AJ could definitely beat either of those two. I think that potentially other HWs could beat any of those 3 HWs. At this point though, AJ has to prove to me that he is back before I pick him over the other two. I’m not saying he can’t win but I wouldn’t bet on him winning.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Precisely

You're french!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Precisely

qu'essayez-vous de dire maintenant? le gros homme Ruiz était comme une montagne de graisse. Di piu, en tant qu'italien, il faut respecter cette gourmandise or shall I say gluttony.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congrats to Mr. Joshua for defeating an overweight fighter who failed to train. The real train is heading Mr. Joshua's way --- the true champion, the lineal champion, who will dispose of Donkey Wilder early next year: Tyson Fury.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congrats to Mr. Joshua for defeating an overweight fighter who failed to train. The real train is heading Mr. Joshua's way --- the true champion, the lineal champion, who will dispose of Donkey Wilder early next year: Tyson Fury.
    The craziness is we're now considering a guy 268 (?) as properly trained when in reality near all were taking a look and writing him off as a blob prior to the bell first time around. Ruiz failed himself mentally much earlier and much more detrimental than physical. AJ got it right on the other hand.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The craziness is we're now considering a guy 268 (?) as properly trained when in reality near all were taking a look and writing him off as a blob prior to the bell first time around. Ruiz failed himself mentally much earlier and much more detrimental than physical. AJ got it right on the other hand.
    AJ fought the perfect fight and 22 feet was icing on the cake. Gotta think 18 feet would have helped Ruiz a tad more. And a tad could've been the deciding factor what with Ruiz freakish power...but yeah, Ruiz totally failed, why didn't his trainer --- like 4 weeks ago --- say ",hey big guy, we got a problem"...?

283.7 pounds....... Still speechless

Thread Information