Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dereck Chisora ranting at Press Conference

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Dereck Chisora ranting at Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Whyte and Miller should have fought, I mean if both are cheating then is it really cheating? Chisora is old news, he's been beaten senseless quite literally.
    .. and you guys hyped him up. I knew he was a punching bag when Fury beat him the second time. lol... David Price is next!
    Uh what?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Whyte and Miller should have fought, I mean if both are cheating then is it really cheating? Chisora is old news, he's been beaten senseless quite literally.
    .. and you guys hyped him up. I knew he was a punching bag when Fury beat him the second time. lol... David Price is next!
    Uh what?
    As I have said in my previous post he has mistaken Chisora with Whyte.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Prograis and Taylor. True. Never heard of em
    Exactly. You're not alone either, you can count on one hand the amount of people on this site that ever comment on fighters like this.
    Like this ..do you mean outsiders? Undefeated champs who are particularly fond of destroying the midsection unifying in what was until recently the end all and be all of tourneys. Best v Best. Hey if fans don't want to enjoy something new thats on them.
    If self-proclaimed "hardcore" fans actually purchased boxing tickets, PPV, subscriptions or simply tuned in to watch, instead of stealing and moaning about being "ripped off," they'd get every fight they ever demand.

This thread is about a veteran boxer pressuring promoters and TV networks for a "fair" shake, based on facts and evidence. Who has got all the shit? The big mouth "slave" boxer who should know his place.
    When you say “fair shake” do you not think he’s getting one for the level of fighter he is?
    I’d be intrigued to know how much you think he’s worth.
    Or is he “worth more” just because he throws the odd table around , spits at World champions and tells everybody to fuck off now and again!
    When does Boxing talent come into it?
    From your very first fight as a pro until your last it is always about how many tickets YOU can sell. That may be because of what you do inside and outside of the ring, how good you are at pestering people, courting the press, playing the game, taking your chances when they are offered, bouncing back, making yourself hated or loved, ....whatever. It is prize fighting and the spectacle has always been part of it. Boxing talent can be there in spades but if you do not sell tickets a manager will not invest in you and a promoter will lose interest. It is unfair and incredibly cruel at times but it is the way it is.

The WBS is an aberration. It is messed up that it should be so unusual, but it is. It would be brilliant if all the champs and contenders were forced to fight each other for recognition as THE BEST in your respective division but sadly it does not make as much money. Check out the X Factor and Britain's got Talent crap getting international exposure when you have more talented artists and bands that will never get past the national circuit.

It is hard not to end up a cynical grumpy bastard as you get older but everyone is out there to milk it for what it is worth. Realistically what is Del Boy going to do when he retires? so he needs to up the stakes and make Haye while the sun shines.
    Ok.so I get the old “Boxing is a business” chestnut, I really do.
    But I ask again , as it wasn’t previously answered, if Chisora is such a ticket seller, why did they put the Prograis/Taylor fight on the bill??
    They could’ve made another bill , maybe not ppv , but nonetheless another payday for Sky and the promoter.
    It’s plain and simple, they had to pad the bill out to sell it, both tickets & ppv. and then they probably “encouraged” Chisora to play the panto villain cos he’s so good at it! And yes , they probably DID pay him more to do that.
    Now doesn’t that make any of us feel fucking stupid?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly. You're not alone either, you can count on one hand the amount of people on this site that ever comment on fighters like this.
    Like this ..do you mean outsiders? Undefeated champs who are particularly fond of destroying the midsection unifying in what was until recently the end all and be all of tourneys. Best v Best. Hey if fans don't want to enjoy something new thats on them.
    If self-proclaimed "hardcore" fans actually purchased boxing tickets, PPV, subscriptions or simply tuned in to watch, instead of stealing and moaning about being "ripped off," they'd get every fight they ever demand.

This thread is about a veteran boxer pressuring promoters and TV networks for a "fair" shake, based on facts and evidence. Who has got all the shit? The big mouth "slave" boxer who should know his place.
    When you say “fair shake” do you not think he’s getting one for the level of fighter he is?
    Or is he “worth more” just because he throws the odd table around , spits at World champions and tells everybody to fuck off now and again!
    From your very first fight as a pro until your last it is always about how many tickets YOU can sell. That may be because of what you do inside and outside of the ring, how good you are at pestering people, courting the press, playing the game, taking your chances when they are offered, bouncing back, making yourself hated or loved, ....whatever. It is prize fighting and the spectacle has always been part of it. Boxing talent can be there in spades but if you do not sell tickets a manager will not invest in you and a promoter will lose interest. It is unfair and incredibly cruel at times but it is the way it is.

The WBS is an aberration. It is messed up that it should be so unusual, but it is. It would be brilliant if all the champs and contenders were forced to fight each other for recognition as THE BEST in your respective division but sadly it does not make as much money. Check out the X Factor and Britain's got Talent crap getting international exposure when you have more talented artists and bands that will never get past the national circuit.

It is hard not to end up a cynical grumpy bastard as you get older but everyone is out there to milk it for what it is worth. Realistically what is Del Boy going to do when he retires? so he needs to up the stakes and make Haye while the sun shines.
    But I ask again , as it wasn’t previously answered, if Chisora is such a ticket seller, why did they put the Prograis/Taylor fight on the bill??
    They could’ve made another bill , maybe not ppv , but nonetheless another payday for Sky and the promoter.
    It’s plain and simple, they had to pad the bill out to sell it, both tickets & ppv. and then they probably “encouraged” Chisora to play the panto villain cos he’s so good at it! And yes , they probably DID pay him more to do that.
    No. People will pay or not pay for it regardless. I really don't see how it matters. Both fights are representative of what boxing is all about even though they may seem miles apart. The PPV model is shite but I blame America for that and not the guys fighting. It is brilliant that you have an opportunity to see both but shit that you have to pay twice with a subscription and PPV .That is the crappiest thing about it.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. People will pay or not pay for it regardless. I really don't see how it matters. Both fights are representative of what boxing is all about even though they may seem miles apart. The PPV model is shite but I blame America for that and not the guys fighting. It is brilliant that you have an opportunity to see both but shit that you have to pay twice with a subscription and PPV .That is the crappiest thing about it.
    Not sure it's so much an American fault as honestly it feels like majority of decent cards lately are one form of ppv or another. I'd jump to have the opportunity once again to 'pay' for the quality and depth of some of those old King SET completely stacked cards. I think paywalls are starting to hobble the sport though and honestly I cannot recall a years time when I've watched fewer fights. Most views you are simply nickle and dimed and then comes the quality and at times iffy apps etc. Boxing has become more of an isolated undertaking in some ways.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should see my current cable bill. Where's the slave boxer bit come in. Nothing but respect for a pro demanding what he feels he's worth but there are avenues and it's literally in his hands in the ring to make a case, fight per fight. Rather than acting part of a bitter ufc style kook show and sharting all over fellow professionals or promotions once again providing an opportunity v top heavies.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Fair shake?" All he did was ask for more money. That's it, dude. Happens every single fight. The only difference is he did it in public. And in the process has brought massive attention to the card.

It doesn't matter what you or I think he's worth or what level he's at. He's worth whatever he sells.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But I ask again , as it wasn’t previously answered, if Chisora is such a ticket seller, why did they put the Prograis/Taylor fight on the bill?? They could’ve made another bill , maybe not ppv , but nonetheless another payday for Sky and the promoter.
    Eddie has an exclusive deal with Sky. Kalle did the deal with Eddie because he needed a venue and TV platform viable for the final. Last month Prograis pulled out and sued the WBSS, they clearly weren't in a position to give it away free on Youtube and facebook like other events.

The fact Taylor-Prograis is NOT PPV or sells out the 02 without Chisora-Parker (or other big undercard) was the entire point of Chisora's rant. He wasn't saying him vs Parker is PPV, however, without him neither is Taylor-Prog, therefore he'll fuck the show by pulling out unless he gets more dough. He was happy to play second fiddle to "little skinny dudes," but demanded more money as HE (rightly) knows he'll bring in more eyeballs and bums (it's easy to compare previous ticket sales, prices, TV viewership and fan/media interest).

From when the event was announced as CO-main, Adam Smith, Eddie and everyone involved have said Chisora-Parker is the "casual" fans fight, the "casuals" who buy tickets and PPV, the "casuals" who love crazy characters, heavyweights and knockouts and tables thrown and mentals, whilst Taylor-Prograis was a "trade fight" for the "hardcore."

If all that mattered was "talent" then Inoue and Estrada and Loma would be billionaires.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should see my current cable bill. Where's the slave boxer bit come in. Nothing but respect for a pro demanding what he feels he's worth but there are avenues and it's literally in his hands in the ring to make a case, fight per fight. Rather than acting part of a bitter ufc style kook show and sharting all over fellow professionals or promotions once again providing an opportunity v top heavies.
    Tyson Fury, Devin Haney, Munguia, Navertee, Garcia, Hunter, Kuzmin, etc, all fighting this weekend, tons of media promotion all over the shop, yet there's more views and posts on here about Nigel Benn-Sakio Bika nonsense. Says it all.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But I ask again , as it wasn’t previously answered, if Chisora is such a ticket seller, why did they put the Prograis/Taylor fight on the bill?? They could’ve made another bill , maybe not ppv , but nonetheless another payday for Sky and the promoter.
    Eddie has an exclusive deal with Sky. Kalle did the deal with Eddie because he needed a venue and TV platform viable for the final. Last month Prograis pulled out and sued the WBSS, they clearly weren't in a position to give it away free on Youtube and facebook like other events.

The fact Taylor-Prograis is NOT PPV or sells out the 02 without Chisora-Parker (or other big undercard) was the entire point of Chisora's rant. He wasn't saying him vs Parker is PPV, however, without him neither is Taylor-Prog, therefore he'll fuck the show by pulling out unless he gets more dough. He was happy to play second fiddle to "little skinny dudes," but demanded more money as HE (rightly) knows he'll bring in more eyeballs and bums (it's easy to compare previous ticket sales, prices, TV viewership and fan/media interest).

From when the event was announced as CO-main, Adam Smith, Eddie and everyone involved have said Chisora-Parker is the "casual" fans fight, the "casuals" who buy tickets and PPV, the "casuals" who love crazy characters, heavyweights and knockouts and tables thrown and mentals, whilst Taylor-Prograis was a "trade fight" for the "hardcore."

If all that mattered was "talent" then Inoue and Estrada and Loma would be billionaires.
    He didn’t have to say him v Parker is ppv, it already was! So he’s getting extra for a ppv that shouldn’t be a ppv , and he wants extra so that is isn’t even headlining it. What sort of fucking oxymoron is that.
    Next he’ll probably want even more so that he can throw a table or something!
    And yes, 100% agree, this suited Kalle because it gives him a platform to put his final on, but it also suits Eddie and Sky, because it helps to justify the bill’s ppv status . (Not in my book, but hey ho.)
    And somebody said ppv’s are America’s fault , which is complete bollocks.
    Yeah they started them, but they’re still far more selective about what is and isn’t ppv.
    Typical of over here, copy an idea and then rape the shit out of it and take the piss.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fuck are you waffling about? () I give up. I should have stopped at - "you've got it mixed up mate." ()

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the risk of a dead horse bump...wasn't it Prograis who called BS over money and pulled out of his fight first .

Thread Information