That thing looks like a shark bite.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury vs Otto Wallin £19.95 on BT PPV

3577 tickets sold, so Eddie was lying, but let the BSers come insult me for saying Eddie was lying.

Still an abject failure. Dude killed all his momentum when he ducked out of the rematch. Even if Wilder/Fury II happens next it’s lost the shine it had a few months ago.(not to boxing fans but to the masses)

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    3577 tickets sold, so Eddie was lying, but let the BSers come insult me for saying Eddie was lying.

Still an abject failure. Dude killed all his momentum when he ducked out of the rematch. Even if Wilder/Fury II happens next it’s lost the shine it had a few months ago.(not to boxing fans but to the masses)
    How was Eddie lying?

All I can find is Eddie saying Top Rank etc had only sold "like 1500..2000 tickets" and suggesting that the Fury team had squandered all that momentum on two fights since Wilder that are little more than exhibition matches.

Sounds like you are on the same page as Eddie.

2000 or 3577 for the 'lineal' heavyweight champ is dire promoting, however you look at it.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

How was Eddie lying?

All I can find is Eddie saying Top Rank etc had only sold "like 1500..2000 tickets" and suggesting that the Fury team had squandered all that momentum on two fights since Wilder that are little more than exhibition matches.

2000 or 3577 for the 'lineal' heavyweight champ is dire promoting, however you look at it.
    1500 and 3500 are different numbers. Vastly different. That’s how he was lying. Say Tyson isn’t selling, fine, he’s not. But don’t put a fake number out there because he has no interest in telling the truth.

I can find many many occasions where he does this 6k when it was 10, 6k when it was 12.

When he said 1500 I said he was lying. The board spinners came back acting as if I was saying it because of my personal agenda. True, I don’t like liars. But no, I was just pointing out that the liar was lying and the stats are out to show it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toh-may-toe..... toh-mah-toe. Are we really interested in splitting hairs?

Here's what I would find depressing if I were in the Fury-Ottowho? promotional camp.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...Wallin-tickets

"Boxing news: Tyson Fury's fight with Otto Wallin sold less tickets than were given away"

Oopsies.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Pssst... hey pal... you wanna come in here and watch a heavyweight boxing match? I'll give you a free ticket."

"Nah, man..... I'm late for a get-together. Me and some buddies are gonna count the amount of traffic on the Vegas strip."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

How was Eddie lying?

1500 and 3500 are different numbers. Vastly different. That’s how he was lying. Say Tyson isn’t selling, fine, he’s not. But don’t put a fake number out there because he has no interest in telling the truth.

I can find many many occasions where he does this 6k when it was 10, 6k when it was 12.

When he said 1500 I said he was lying. The board spinners came back acting as if I was saying it because of my personal agenda. True, I don’t like liars. But no, I was just pointing out that the liar was lying and the stats are out to show it.
    1500 to 2000 which is what Eddie was saying even before the fight was held is not so different from 3500. That is an appallingly low figure for anything but a local show. Nobody is disputing that Eddie will lie and over and under estimate when it suits him, but to try and single him out as unique as a promoter because of it is ludicrous. He would certainly have got Tyson bigger numbers if he had been promoting him and his point stands. There are no board spinners here interested in trying to pretend that Eddie and Matchroom are some paragons of virtue, but they are bloody good at what they do.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, so Ron is obsessed with Eddie , we know that. 1500-2000 , 3,577, meh. It’s all getting away from the real point here (as usual.)
    The Lineal heavyweight champion, the self proclaimed “Gypsy King” with his strong travelling community following and 1.2 Million Twitter followers can only attract a paying audience of 3,577 paying customers!
    That’s all you need to know really.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury's fanbase is British. Don't you think it would have sold in Manchester? Or London? It was PPV in this country.

Now you're thinking why is he in Vegas then, right?

Fury signed a multi-fight deal with ESPN/Bob Arum which guarantees millions per fight. TV is king in America, networks pay astronomical site fees. Fury's fight wasn't even on TV!!! It was on ESPN+, their streaming service! However, they will cash-in with the Wilder rematch, as it'll be PPV at $100 sovs a pop.

Also ticket numbers don't always tell the story. 3577 looks terrible, especially for Vegas, however, that shitty amount still produced a $1 million gate (which is pathetic by superstar boxer standards but Fury ain't no superstar boxer in America).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information