679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How are things in life

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yup miles same here blew out tendons in my right shoulder. I didn’t tear them they are all snapped. Now I’m no doctor miles but if you have a tear I wouldn’t rush into surgery. I bet if you get an mri on your knees you will find torn tendons, it’s quite common. I only say this as I’ve had tendon surgery previously and it is 10 times worse than breaking a bone. Of course if your pain is too much and it’s the only way to alleviate it it’s worth it
    Yeah, I was reading that many men over 40 already have a shoulder tear and just don't realize it. I guess you just get used to pain and discomfort. It's not a terrible pain like being punctured by a bullet, but more your nagging stiffness and ache that just doesn't go away. That terrible shotgun pain is awful, but you know it will go away as you heal, but the nagging soreness is indefinite and just more annoying in its own way. It is strange as at times it seems to get better, but then it just hurts.

Will do light stretches for mobility and keep doing physio for now, but I miss lifting weights and working the body properly.
    Torn tendons will not “heal”. Yours might be quite bad if you are getting that much pain, perhaps it’s so bad ur doc is thinking it’s going to snap if you don’t get surgery. It’s just that damn tendon recovery is so long. It’s really not a major surgery, I think my doc said 20 minutes or so but you need to be very careful as they can snap again post surgery if you move it too much. I hope the physio does it for you, once a tendon snaps you need to build up muscles to do a job they aren’t meant to do. I’ve had broken bones and tendons I’d much rather break a bone but my my choice would be neither

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I do this surgery the doc says he needs to put in hardware and I’m really not keen on mote metal in my body. One of these days I’ll end up setting metal detectors and if it’s at an airport I’m afraid I’ll get a anal cavity inspection

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not sure if it is serious. I think not as there are times I feel nothing, but if I do my stretches then I start to feel it again. The tear I already have is very small and the surgeon recommended leaving it and just avoiding overhead weights for preservation and plenty of sideways elastics to maintain movement and stregth. I might well have aggravated that with my random mid air punch explosion. I shouldn't do things like that but in my head I am still 22.

I won't do surgery for the time being as I don't want to take a time out. Will stick with physio as these things can take time. They haven't done a new MRI but the doctor is guessing a frozen shoulder or bursitis. Could well be rotator cuff issues too, but we will see. Get through the term and properly deal with it this winter if the improvement doesn't occur.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Life is great off to Vegas on sunday 15th looking forward to a break for a few weeks or so.
    Vegas would be a great venue for a Saddo meet up.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Life is great off to Vegas on sunday 15th looking forward to a break for a few weeks or so.
    Never been to Vegas I do like roulette though

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    If there was the right fight would make sense. Even for someone on a budget there are cheap flights from the UK. Not sure about internal USA flights but I assume there is a lot of choice and most US posters could get there. I have never had the slightest desire to go there unless a big fight was on ( There are so many other places in the States and even in South America I would rather see first). Could be a really messy weekend but would be a laugh.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To risk a buzzkill this year has had it's fill of suck so far. You lose people you love, and sometimes consequently you 'lose' those who are left. Different coping and aftermath etc. You really do see people for who they are. Around March I just withdrew a bit. Went from driving hundreds of miles weekly to not having left the work to home route for a few months now. Work is work and increasingly feels the absolute same, as you age you are always reminded that if something goes wrong physically you are fooked. You push through. There is no pause feature in regards to bills debt etc. It's a very odd feeling. Alright boo flipping hoo, hey the good news is there's still some of this year left. Toughen up buttercup and carry on.

Thread Information