Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Well I guess one thing we can all agree on is that belts are worthless, at least as compared with the belts of years past. A perfect example is Munguia. Gifted a "world" title shot (using the same quotation marks here) after a parade of nondescript opponents all save one inside of Mexico. When the shot finally arrived, it was against the woefully undersized and thoroughly outgunned Ali. Bookmakers may have made Ali the favorite... but then again few bookmakers KSAB. The result was an upset only to those who lean on bookmaker favorites for advice.

My pet peeve with belts is that now more than ever they're being used as "tools" to further the boxing orgs' agendas. "X" fighter is chosen for stardom for whatever reason.... the path will be paved with gold and rose petals, until a suitable trinket can be found and fought for.... against a fattened calf.

Like I said before.... it's pageantry.
Bookmakers don't give advice, they make decisions based on evidence and knowledge, then stick their money where their mouth is (apologies to punters who know the score and can't get on ). It's incredible how they remain in business seeing as everyone knew Ali had no chance yet he remained odds-on favourite all the way until Munguia started battering him.

Would you mind providing all the other "certain upsets" coming up in the rest of the year? There's literally dozens and dozens fights priced up? Thanks.

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing

I didn't SAY bookmakers GIVE advice. I said some look to bookmakers for advice. Subtle difference, and one I'm hoping needs no further explanation.

The fact that bookmakers had made Ali the favorite against the free-swinging, power-punching, double-the-size Munguia just proves to me that some oddsmakers DKSAB.
You see this is a perfect example of why petty arguments start on here. From reading your second post I now realise you DKSA Betting markets or how they're formed.

This is not an insult, please don't take it that way, as there's no reason for you to care or know anything about gambling. I now understand why you think what you think.

No insult taken. All I was trying to say is that some people (maybe casuals, who knows) only form an opinion about an upcoming fight after looking at what the bookmakers are saying. That's all. Not that bookmakers are giving anybody any advice. IMO, giving advice is totally different from people looking at what you say or do and using it as advice.

And you're absolutely correct. IDKSABM and I'll be the first to admit it.