1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I’m picking Crawford against Spence

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'd take Crawford over Spence, but Crawford is wasting on the vine against average comp.
    I will give him this mandatory in December, but that’s it. He has to demand a fight against one of the top fighters after this or else I won’t cut him anymore slack. It’s time.
    How would you know he means it if he does demand a big fight? He might be quite happy for Arum to not make one and just keep getting easy paydays. When is his contract up? Didn't he recently sign an extension with Top Rank knowing all the top welters are mainly with Haymon?
    Generally it gets out who refused to sign a contract. We will hear that TR sent a contract to X welterweight and that X’s Team refused to sign.
    They may have a good reason not to sign. Arum can send them a contract which is massively in Crawford's favour that basically prices Crawford out of any fight. There are always going to be two sides to every story.

Crawford is thirty, has yet to have a top level opponent and all the top level welters, Thurman, Porter, Garcia, Spence are signed with Haymon. Crawford signed a contract extension a year ago with Arum. He could have been a free agent now and able to get a big fight but even assuming he does want one has limited his chances of ever getting one by signing with Arum. If he'd wanted the big fights all he had to do was sign with Haymon and they'd be guaranteed. More money in those fights as well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'd take Crawford over Spence, but Crawford is wasting on the vine against average comp.
    I will give him this mandatory in December, but that’s it. He has to demand a fight against one of the top fighters after this or else I won’t cut him anymore slack. It’s time.
    How would you know he means it if he does demand a big fight? He might be quite happy for Arum to not make one and just keep getting easy paydays. When is his contract up? Didn't he recently sign an extension with Top Rank knowing all the top welters are mainly with Haymon?
    Generally it gets out who refused to sign a contract. We will hear that TR sent a contract to X welterweight and that X’s Team refused to sign.
    They may have a good reason not to sign. Arum can send them a contract which is massively in Crawford's favour that basically prices Crawford out of any fight. There are always going to be two sides to every story.

Crawford is thirty, has yet to have a top level opponent and all the top level welters, Thurman, Porter, Garcia, Spence are signed with Haymon. Crawford signed a contract extension a year ago with Arum. He could have been a free agent now and able to get a big fight but even assuming he does want one has limited his chances of ever getting one by signing with Arum. If he'd wanted the big fights all he had to do was sign with Haymon and they'd be guaranteed. More money in those fights as well.
    The truth always comes out on the contract negotiations. People generally are just biased on who they want to side with

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'HISTORY' Terence Crawford reveals Errol Spence Jr fight is OFF and will NEVER happen after bitter row over purse split.

TERENCE CRAWFORD has moved on from a blockbuster fight with Errol Spence Jr, insisting their proposed welterweight title unification bout is 'behind' him.

Boxing fans across the world are itching for the pair, 33 and 31 respectively, to share the ring with one another.

Purse demands from Crawford, however, have so far delayed the mouth-watering 147lb showdown.

And the Nebraska native appears to have now moved on entirely from the fight.

Bud told DAZN's Chris Mannix: “I’m not even worried about Errol Spence anymore.

“I already told everybody that fight is history for me. I’m not thinking or worried about Errol Spence anymore.

“That fight is behind me.”

Switch-hitter Crawford doubled down on that stance in a separate interview with Fight Hub TV.

When asked if he believes the fight will one day come to fruition, he said: “Nah, never.

"That fight never gonna happen. It’s over with.”

Spence Jr, however, is confident a clash with the WBO welterweight titleholder 'is going to happen'.

And the New Yorker recently reiterated his belief he's the a-side in the fight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14418...ence-jr-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow... that's too bad. I like Crawford and enjoy watching him fight. But nothing anyone can say in Bud's defense can erase the fact that it is HE who is putting the final nail on the coffin regarding a showdown with Spence.

Unless of course, this is just more "boxing double talk", and Crawford's just trying to go through every page of the Negotiations Playbook in order to get the money he wants.

Seems ridiculous though, especially when he says Spence needs him more than he needs Spence.

Last I checked, Spence has the better resume at welter and... if Crawford is going to continue to claim superiority at welter... it's a long-known fact he's not engaging the opponents to back up that claim.

History will say Crawford ducked Spence... and the onus will be on Bud fans to try and argue otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I really can’t see why this Isn’t a simple 50/50 split. Ok people will say Spence is the A side and he’s worth more.
    But is he the same Boxer as before the accident?
    And anyway if Spence is confident he’s worth a 70% share, why not have the winner gets 70%?
    It used to be called Prizefighting for a reason didn’t it?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've lost a few things regarding these two namely hope that they will ever meet and honestly a little fanfare for Crawford. He is in real danger of letting some others in the division pass him by in terms of big match ups and one comparative glance at the record of Spence tells me Erroll has already done so. He's spent the last couple of years in hype type name showcases with Brook and Khan where let's be honest the outcome and fashion were fairly well known before the opening bells. Sandwiched in between those he fought a bit bored v Kavaliauskas and was rocked and took a unofficial knockdown for his trouble. Time is now Bud, shit or get off the pot as they say.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're asking for seventy percent of this fight you're really saying you don't want the fight. Maybe it's just a negotiating tactic and maybe Crawford saying the fight won't happen is the same thing but if Spence is insisting on that kind of share and won't budge then he's dodging the fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I've lost a few things regarding these two namely hope that they will ever meet and honestly a little fanfare for Crawford. He is in real danger of letting some others in the division pass him by in terms of big match ups and one comparative glance at the record of Spence tells me Erroll has already done so. He's spent the last couple of years in hype type name showcases with Brook and Khan where let's be honest the outcome and fashion were fairly well known before the opening bells. Sandwiched in between those he fought a bit bored v Kavaliauskas and was rocked and took a unofficial knockdown for his trouble. Time is now Bud, shit or get off the pot as they say.

Exactly. If looking at it objectively, Crawford's the one who recently came up to welter and let's face it... his resume at 147 isn't anything to write home about. In a division as stacked as 147 there is no reason for that to still be the case.

Bud didn't want 60/40. Now it appears Spence has made it even tougher. No matter. Crawford is the ultimate loser in this back-and-forth.

Spence has fought Porter and Garcia. Who has Crawford fought?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lose interest in the fight and the fighters when it gets to a stage like this. Same when Josh/Wilder were dancing around for ages and never got close to making a fight.

Sick of fights not being made for the sake of ego and money splits.

Fuck um!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford has done nothing at 147 and beat x2 past it fighters in Khan and Brook.

Crawford is the reason why this fight will never take place.

Remove him from the P4P list as he is already in retirement mode talking about hall of fame etc.

He could have snatched the P4P torch from Ward after his retirement and ran with it..instead he stayed submissive and content under Bob Arum even after Bobs various rants about him.

Crawford is treating Spence like Haney..avoid at all costs.

Thread Information