Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I’m picking Crawford against Spence

Anyone else on board?

Spence might be my favorite fighter right now, and I think he is special. But I don’t know he is special. Crawford I know is special. At first I thought “Spence is too big” but Crawford is the best fighter in the world and has been at 147 for over a year. Size can’t be an excuse anymore. Crawford is a WW and if he’s the best fighter in the world then he has to be the best fighter in his division.

If Crawford loses he drops P4P as well, no double standards.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I’m picking Crawford against Spence

I like Crawford and watched him beat up Burns to win a world title. He has gone on from strength to strength and beaten good fighters at welterweight. However I think Spence would beat him in a tight decision just being that bit stronger, accurate and busier.

Progress for the showdown has been so slow that I think they will miss the boat.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford no doubt.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can definitely see a case for Bud to win. I just think Spence will be too big for him. Crawford appears to be slightly more skilled, but I don’t think he is any faster and that, combined with Spence’s power and size will be the difference. It won’t be easy for either guy, but I see Spence edging a close fight. I really hope this fight gets made soon.

El Kabong Guest

I just love that the fight is happening, nothing but respect to both fighters they're both taking a risk in there and it should be a fan friendly bout as well.

I'd never bet against Bud Crawford, but this one I think will be close as I really rate Spence.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence is not without skills, people. Sounds like the only chances being given to Spence is because he's too big. That's an affront to his considerable boxing skills. To be sure, p4p I feel Crawford is by far wilier and more ring savvy than most if not all fighters today. But Spence isn't just a big, fast dufus. This is a fun fight to pick, and it'll be an even "funner" fight to watch. Wish there were more Spences-Crawfords to be made out there. I like both fighters, and this would by all means be a classic, probably worthy of a trilogy (if it's competitive). As far as who I pick, I'll tip the scales and give a slight nod to Spence. All respect to Crawford because this would be the Mt. Everest of boxing for him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would edge Crawford. I have always been very high on Spence and think he is an extremely good fighter. Crawford just makes great adjustments in the ring. Spence has elite offense but with that comes allowing yourself to get hit. If Spence tries to box, I think that Crawford wins a close but comfortable decision. If Spence tries to rough him up, he will get hit a lot more but I still think he loses a very close decision.

I wouldn’t at all be shocked to see Spence win though.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to be clear, I think Spence is a very skilled fighter in his own right- I just feel Bud is slightly more skilled. If all Spence had going for him was speed and size, I would pick Bud to win. I feel that they are relatively close in terms of skill and speed, however, and that is why I feel Errol’s size and power advantages will be the difference. Don’t want to give the impression that I feel Spence is relies solely on natural gifts.

One additional aspect I haven’t seen anyone mention is the experience of fighting another elite fighter who is there to win. I feel Brook fits that definition for Spence (he pushed Spence in that fight), and Porter will as well. Bud has looked phenomenal, but in my opinion Gamboa was the only fighter who was skilled and showed up to win against Bud- but the size difference was too much. I actually thought Gamboa was winning until he got caught in the 5th round. Not saying Bud doesn’t have “dog” in him, just saying I haven’t seen him have to use it against an equal sized, elite opponent like Spence did.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just talking about this fight makes me want to scream at the promoters to make the fight happen!

We want our own Leonard v Hearns.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s too bad that most welters are with PBC. Crawford got the shaft.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    If Crawford and Spence demand it, the promoters and TV companies can make it happen.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Crawford and Spence demand it, the promoters and TV companies can make it happen.
    If Manny turns Spence down after the Porter fight, which is completely possible, I think we get it. Spence/Thurman isn’t currently PPV, Spence/Garcia isn’t currently PPV. That leaves Bud. If he doesn’t get Manny he deserves flack if he doesn’t go after Crawford.

My thing, watching 4 Spence fights yesterday, is Spence pauses. Like he’s great at a lot of things but they aren’t natural, they’re learned. Historically the natural takes advantage in these situations.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Manny turns Spence down after the Porter fight, which is completely possible, I think we get it. Spence/Thurman isn’t currently PPV, Spence/Garcia isn’t currently PPV. That leaves Bud. If he doesn’t get Manny he deserves flack if he doesn’t go after Crawford.

My thing, watching 4 Spence fights yesterday, is Spence pauses. Like he’s great at a lot of things but they aren’t natural, they’re learned. Historically the natural takes advantage in these situations.
    Interesting observation/analysis regarding Spence pausing. I hadn’t noticed that so will watch some videos to see if I can pick up on it. Agree that pausing could be a problem against a fluid fighter like Bud (and/or Manny).

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is seriously a tough one. Both are my current favorites and this is a dream mega fight for this era..it simply needs to happen. At this point and overthinking it I would lean ever so slightly..by a hair..Crawford. Spence proved an awesome backfoot last out but with respect to Mikey I need to see that against a full fledged and traveled welter before seeing it as effective v Crawford. Spence does much better inside work I believe..which also puts him there and as has been said before he tends to keep that head high. He does a bit of pausing great point and can be observing his work in spots. On comp I go Spence too. And another great thing with both is I think they have genuine 'mean' streaks..solid finishers and build on leads and damaging work rather than coasting on it. Spence may be calm cool collected but he and Bud like to put in some hurt-work. Man, this is a tough one to gauge . I just see Crawford as the more 'fluid' of the two. He's shown that instant shift, from stance to attack mode over and over and the more comfortable all around boxer. Of the two I can see Spence feeling the urge to rush. The urgency that is a double edge sword to press forward should the rounds increasingly go against him..where Crawford can be a little bit of a showman and uses the ring very wisely. All of it. He'd be advised to keep his tongue in his mouth though less he want it lopped off courtesy of a few Spence uppercuts. Equally Spence will do well to keep primary focus on a determined Porter. I think the natural size may be negligible and felt Crawford to way to long to move up to 147. Both are big big for 147 with room to expand. Bit random on this one but really needs to be made. Ask me tomorrow and Spence for the win .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Spence would make Crawford look over rated. Not because he is but because I think his power is a deciding factor here. He will get Crawfords respect early if they meet and turn the tables with the pauses. Then everyone will claim Spence was too big after he goes on to dominate a buzzed and hesitant Crawford.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information