Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  152
Dislikes Dislikes:  11

Poll: Should Boris Resign?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Boris Resign?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

"The UK is facing an unprecedented crisis, but instead of behaving like a strong leader, Johnson is once again resorting to the self-serving cowardice that was his trademark move during the 2019 General Election.

At this point we should obviously be having daily briefings from the government, but instead we've got a Prime Minister in hiding, government communication through selective leaking to favourable journalists (like Robert Peston, who was the one who broke the now seemingly abandoned 'herd immunity' story), important ministerial statements issued behind newspaper paywalls (Matt Hancock's coronavirus article was originally posted so only Daily Telegraph subscribers could read it!), completely contradictory statements from one day to the next (Hancock now saying that 'herd immunity isn't part of the plan after the Tories just spent 2 days vehemently defending the idea), and the continuation of their unbelievably complacent 'dither and delay' tactics while almost all other countries are adopting strong containment measures.
    I still really struggle to fathom how millions of people actually concluded that such a lazy, dishonest, incompetent, and disgustingly elitist coward of a man would make a good leader for our nation."...

https://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.com/
    Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nuts what a 180 @Gandalf has done on Boris - https://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfo...355-boris.html
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Misconduct in Public Office. Indictable Offence. Life Imprisonment. - https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...E1tLYGvSTU3IUY

The Court is bound to conclude, therefore, that the decision to advise Her Majesty to prorogue Parliament was unlawful because it had the effect of frustrating or preventing the ability of Parliament to carry out its constitutional functions without reasonable justification.

This Court has already concluded that the Prime Minister’s advice to Her Majesty was unlawful, void and of no effect. This means that the Order in Council to which it led was also unlawful, void and of no effect and should be quashed. This means that when the Royal Commissioners walked into the House of Lords it was as if they walked in with a blank sheet of paper. The prorogation was also void and of no effect. Parliament has not been prorogued. This is the unanimous
    judgment of all 11 Justices.
    Nasty smear job. He must be one from that demographic you hate, right?
    Last edited by Freedom; 03-15-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Misconduct in Public Office. Indictable Offence. Life Imprisonment. - https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...E1tLYGvSTU3IUY

The Court is bound to conclude, therefore, that the decision to advise Her Majesty to prorogue Parliament was unlawful because it had the effect of frustrating or preventing the ability of Parliament to carry out its constitutional functions without reasonable justification.

This Court has already concluded that the Prime Minister’s advice to Her Majesty was unlawful, void and of no effect. This means that the Order in Council to which it led was also unlawful, void and of no effect and should be quashed. This means that when the Royal Commissioners walked into the House of Lords it was as if they walked in with a blank sheet of paper. The prorogation was also void and of no effect. Parliament has not been prorogued. This is the unanimous
    judgment of all 11 Justices.
    Nasty smear job. He must be one from that group you hate, right?

Yes..he is a Tory.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sounded rather harsh there, but for sure, he has made a big mistake here and due to the lack of beds the UK will have problems. Not only that but people who require important treatments will inevitably be delayed and potentially die.

No, the same as here the decision to not immediately own the situation means that the situation is worsened and that is not acceptable. Furthermore, the notion that schools will open this week is ridiculous. Sensible teachers and parents should obviously oppose putting others at risk if the government does not have the balls to make strong decisions.

Protect yourselves and stay safe. Do what is right rather than what you are told.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is not a good enough reason, but Johnson was not alone in making a poor decision. It will turn out that pretty much everyone except Putin and a few others made poor decisions. Russia has barely 2 dozen cases, but then if it had fizzled to nothing people would complain at how Johnson destroyed the economy. It is political whatever happens.

I called it very early and saw it coming so obviously would have set up proper testing, closed far more flights, stopped gatherings, and closed schools. I am quite hardcore that way as we know the UK does not have enough hospital beds. In saying that though, it can be controlled, but for at least a month it will be difficult.

Yes, Johnson missed the beat, but he did not release this upon the world or cover it up for a month while it ran rampant. Once this is settled it would be nice to see people not forget and to remember how this all started and that was not Downing Street.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed.

A difficult hand to play. But he needs to crack down on shit now. Pubs, public transport. Crazy consequences but it has to be done.

Thousands of Athletico fans were in Liverpool Tuesday night ffs mingling in bars etc
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I sounded rather harsh there, but for sure, he has made a big mistake here and due to the lack of beds the UK will have problems. Not only that but people who require important treatments will inevitably be delayed and potentially die.

No, the same as here the decision to not immediately own the situation means that the situation is worsened and that is not acceptable. Furthermore, the notion that schools will open this week is ridiculous. Sensible teachers and parents should obviously oppose putting others at risk if the government does not have the balls to make strong decisions.

Protect yourselves and stay safe. Do what is right rather than what you are told.
    Damn miles I’m glad beanz keeps track of your posts or none of us would have known you said that.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Agreed.

A difficult hand to play. But he needs to crack down on shit now. Pubs, public transport. Crazy consequences but it has to be done.

Thousands of Athletico fans were in Liverpool Tuesday night ffs mingling in bars etc
    I was watching the game thinking 'How is this going ahead like that?' Already significant numbers in the country by then. At 31 cases things were being shut down here and still schools will open today? Surely they have stopped that? I haven't done my news yet, but that is insanity.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Damn miles I’m glad beanz keeps track of your posts or none of us would have known you said that.
    It is like having my very own librarian of the self. Of course there are a variety of selves and they evolve with different personas so it is sometimes useful. I wish she would prepare me a scone and a cup of tea sometimes though when I suggest it is unorthodox to contemplate breeding the world into a unified black super race.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would really help right now is that £350 million a week for the NHS and 40 New hospitals. Pity that was all just another load of bullshit.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So in Boris’s first address to the nation, he’s managed to throw the whole Catering and Hospitality sector under a bus! he knows full well with his “recommendation” that he has passed on the responsibility for thousands of workers . If he carries on with this stance, the whole sector will not recover from this. Literally thousands of Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants, Hotels will shut down, and then what? Lost forever!
    Can’t wait for tomorrow’s instalment. I wonder who gets it then? Transport, Construction?
    The guy is a Buffoon with no balls, who does not give a flying fuck!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boris Johnson's latest statement proves once again what a bunch of callous responsibility-abdicating bastards the Tories are.

When they instruct the British public to "avoid pubs, clubs and social venues" but refuse to issue official orders shutting the venues down, they're essentially driving these places out of business, because without official orders to shut down, bars, pubs, and nightclubs across the country will be unable to claim on their insurance.

On the other hand they're creating opportunities for unscrupulous spivs to enrich themselves.

While the majority of pubs, clubs, and bars shut down for the public good, despite no hint of an explanation of how they are to cover their costs and remain viable for enough to ever even re-open again, the lack of direct orders to shut down leaves a market opportunity for venue owners seeking to cash in by staying open for the "I don't give a fuck" brigade.

The responsible are left to fend for themselves and suffer the dire consequences, while the unscrupulous profiteers thrive.

Welcome to Tory Britain.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So in Boris’s first address to the nation, he’s managed to throw the whole Catering and Hospitality sector under a bus! he knows full well with his “recommendation” that he has passed on the responsibility for thousands of workers . If he carries on with this stance, the whole sector will not recover from this. Literally thousands of Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants, Hotels will shut down, and then what? Lost forever!
    Can’t wait for tomorrow’s instalment. I wonder who gets it then? Transport, Construction?
    The guy is a Buffoon with no balls, who does not give a flying fuck!
    The guy is a dangerous wanker and always has been. With no Theatre, no live sports, no gigs, that is about 70% of my work gone. Virtually all of my mates are promoters, musicians, club owners, actors, Promoters etc who will go under while Boris and his vulture bastard mates pick up the businesses they worked hard to build and turn them into flats for chinless yuppie cunts.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boris Johnson's latest statement proves once again what a bunch of callous responsibility-abdicating bastards the Tories are.

When they instruct the British public to "avoid pubs, clubs and social venues" but refuse to issue official orders shutting the venues down, they're essentially driving these places out of business, because without official orders to shut down, bars, pubs, and nightclubs across the country will be unable to claim on their insurance.

On the other hand they're creating opportunities for unscrupulous spivs to enrich themselves.

While the majority of pubs, clubs, and bars shut down for the public good, despite no hint of an explanation of how they are to cover their costs and remain viable for enough to ever even re-open again, the lack of direct orders to shut down leaves a market opportunity for venue owners seeking to cash in by staying open for the "I don't give a fuck" brigade.

The responsible are left to fend for themselves and suffer the dire consequences, while the unscrupulous profiteers thrive.

Welcome to Tory Britain.

Responsible people have enough to tide themselves over for a few months in case of an emergency. What is it they say about rainy days?

Thread Information