Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  41
Dislikes Dislikes:  8

Poll: Should Boris Resign?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 236

Thread: Should Boris Resign?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,007
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    627
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Boris has tested positive

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791
    Damn I was going to start a thread on this just heard it this AM. Pretty serious shit I hope he is ok. Apparently he was “bragging” about shaking hands in a coronavirus unit in a hospital. That was mentioned in the US media I don’t know if it’s fact. So now your top guy has it, how will that effect shit. Plus prince Charles, damn the world is going to hell
    They should be fine, they have mild symptoms of it.
    Politics aside I hope so but don’t things start off as mild? I had that damn flu started with a cough and sneeze a few days later it hurt to move and I was sicker than I’ve been in years. So if they have “mild” symptoms does that mean the illness will stay mild?
    If it is near the end of the illness, which they think it is, then it should not get worse.
    Well good. Hope that’s true

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,415
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1069
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Boris has tested positive

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791
    Damn I was going to start a thread on this just heard it this AM. Pretty serious shit I hope he is ok. Apparently he was “bragging” about shaking hands in a coronavirus unit in a hospital. That was mentioned in the US media I don’t know if it’s fact. So now your top guy has it, how will that effect shit. Plus prince Charles, damn the world is going to hell
    Like Trump unfortunately the guy has a track record of being a compulsive liar. Him catching the virus when he and the shambles of a government we have, ignored all scientific advice and evidence from around the world, should not be surprising. You would until tonight have thought his press conference stand in can hardly do a worse job...and then up steps Gove. a man famous for not believing in 'experts' . You may as well have a flat earther up there


    Here is Johnson being a dick just like your President, and those here pretending it is nothing special to worry about.


    https://news.sky.com/video/coronavir...ybody-11948548
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,007
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    627
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Boris has tested positive

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791
    Damn I was going to start a thread on this just heard it this AM. Pretty serious shit I hope he is ok. Apparently he was “bragging” about shaking hands in a coronavirus unit in a hospital. That was mentioned in the US media I don’t know if it’s fact. So now your top guy has it, how will that effect shit. Plus prince Charles, damn the world is going to hell
    Like Trump unfortunately the guy has a track record of being a compulsive liar. Him catching the virus when he and the shambles of a government we have, ignored all scientific advice and evidence from around the world, should not be surprising. You would until tonight have thought his press conference stand in can hardly do a worse job...and then up steps Gove. a man famous for not believing in 'experts' . You may as well have a flat earther up there


    Here is Johnson being a dick just like your President, and those here pretending it is nothing special to worry about.


    https://news.sky.com/video/coronavir...ybody-11948548
    I was actually leaving the political shit aside. Just looking it as a leader being positive and leaving it at that.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,415
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1069
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Boris has tested positive

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791
    Damn I was going to start a thread on this just heard it this AM. Pretty serious shit I hope he is ok. Apparently he was “bragging” about shaking hands in a coronavirus unit in a hospital. That was mentioned in the US media I don’t know if it’s fact. So now your top guy has it, how will that effect shit. Plus prince Charles, damn the world is going to hell
    Like Trump unfortunately the guy has a track record of being a compulsive liar. Him catching the virus when he and the shambles of a government we have, ignored all scientific advice and evidence from around the world, should not be surprising. You would until tonight have thought his press conference stand in can hardly do a worse job...and then up steps Gove. a man famous for not believing in 'experts' . You may as well have a flat earther up there


    Here is Johnson being a dick just like your President, and those here pretending it is nothing special to worry about.


    https://news.sky.com/video/coronavir...ybody-11948548
    I was actually leaving the political shit aside. Just looking it as a leader being positive and leaving it at that.
    It is as you say way beyond politics, but the fact remains both have blood on their hands.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,295
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    277
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    famous for not believing in 'experts' . You may as well have a flat earther up there
    More fallacious reasoning with your continued appeal to authority.

    Define flat earther. I deny the claims of the affirmative claim made by those that believe they live on a pressurized spinning nature defying sphere in a vacuum. I'm a realist.

    Still waiting for any of the following:

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing a large body of standing water with the surface naturally displaying convex and conforming to the exterior of a shape.

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing a vacuum next to a non-vacuum, without a barrier.

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing air pressure being created without a container.

    Your experiment proving gravity, telling me what your independent and dependant variables were.

    These will do for a start.

    You are a reality denier. You have no understanding of science (especially physics) and only have faith and pseudoscience to support your zealot like beliefs.
    They live, We sleep

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,415
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1069
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    famous for not believing in 'experts' . You may as well have a flat earther up there
    More fallacious reasoning with your continued appeal to authority.

    Define flat earther. I deny the claims of the affirmative claim made by those that believe they live on a pressurized spinning nature defying sphere in a vacuum. I'm a realist.

    Still waiting for any of the following:

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing a large body of standing water with the surface naturally displaying convex and conforming to the exterior of a shape.

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing a vacuum next to a non-vacuum, without a barrier.

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing air pressure being created without a container.

    Your experiment proving gravity, telling me what your independent and dependant variables were.

    These will do for a start.

    You are a reality denier. You have no understanding of science (especially physics) and only have faith and pseudoscience to support your zealot like beliefs.

    You are mistaking argumentum ad verecundiam. I am not appealing to some kind of expert authority because of a misplaced sense of reverence, that ignores facts, or that seeks to employ the argument of someone who is not an expert in the field we are discussing. I am in fact questioning idiots like Gove, and yourself, who claim that there is no such thing as experts, and that every claim made by anyone must be personally verified through physical experiments undertaken firsthand.

    This is what makes you not just an idiot but a dangerous one. Your own atrociously poor grasp of how to debate is wholly characterized by fallacious reasoning.

    I really don't want to grace your nonsense with anything but the ridicule it deserves, but i will give you the benefit of the doubt, and hopefully you will see why you are so stuck down your own personal rabbit hole, and why stamping your feet is just making it harder for you to extract yourself.


    1. You yourself are always employing 'argumentum ad verecundiam' an appeal to authority. It is not the case that an appeal to authority is necessarily fallacious, as you so ignorantly seem to insist. It is when the expert referred to is a non-authority, an anonymous or unqualified authority. These are always the authorities you invoke. Especially when the 'Expert' is yourself. An appeal to a legitimate expert is not fallacious at all, and yet you insist that it is. It is the only way you can maintain the self brainwashing nonsense that defines your ludicrous outlook.


    2. Ad Hominem/ Guilt by association. This is the base point that distorts your view of the world and insists that anyone trying to reach out and help drag you out of the hole can not be trusted. Don't worry you are not alone in this it is a common reaction for all of us imperfect humans. Terms like 'Reality Denier, Pseudoscience, Zealot like beliefs, you have no understanding of science' are prime examples. They would be arguments if they were qualified with evidence, which is what i try to do when employing words with less pretty imprints.


    3. Slippery slope/ Dominoe theory. You argue that because i have not personally been to space and because you can fake images, that one can never trust video or photos taken from space even when verified by thousands of people. You use this not just to prove a flat earth but to disprove the holocaust or anything you choose to make shit up about because you insist on taking things to the extreme. Logic, rationality and evidence are dismissed in order for you to claim complete bollocks. One could hardly be more fallacious.
    Last edited by Beanz; 03-27-2020 at 11:09 PM.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,295
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    277
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    famous for not believing in 'experts' . You may as well have a flat earther up there
    More fallacious reasoning with your continued appeal to authority.

    Define flat earther. I deny the claims of the affirmative claim made by those that believe they live on a pressurized spinning nature defying sphere in a vacuum. I'm a realist.

    Still waiting for any of the following:

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing a large body of standing water with the surface naturally displaying convex and conforming to the exterior of a shape.

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing a vacuum next to a non-vacuum, without a barrier.

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing air pressure being created without a container.

    Your experiment proving gravity, telling me what your independent and dependant variables were.

    These will do for a start.

    You are a reality denier. You have no understanding of science (especially physics) and only have faith and pseudoscience to support your zealot like beliefs.

    You are mistaking argumentum ad verecundiam. I am not appealing to some kind of expert authority because of a misplaced sense of reverence, that ignores facts, or that seeks to employ the argument of someone who is not an expert in the field we are discussing. I am in fact questioning idiots like Gove, and yourself, who claim that there is no such thing as experts, and that every claim made by anyone must be personally verified through physical experiments undertaken firsthand.

    This is what makes you not just an idiot but a dangerous one. Your own atrociously poor grasp of how to debate is wholly characterized by fallacious reasoning.

    I really don't want to grace your nonsense with anything but the ridicule it deserves, but i will give you the benefit of the doubt, and hopefully you will see why you are so stuck down your own personal rabbit hole, and why stamping your feet is just making it harder for you to extract yourself.


    1. You yourself are always employing 'argumentum ad verecundiam' an appeal to authority. It is not the case that an appeal to authority is necessarily fallacious, as you so ignorantly seem to insist. It is when the expert referred to is a non-authority, an anonymous or unqualified authority. These are always the authorities you invoke. Especially when the 'Expert' is yourself. An appeal to a legitimate expert is not fallacious at all, and yet you insist that it is. It is the only way you can maintain the self brainwashing nonsense that defines your ludicrous outlook.


    2. Ad Hominem/ Guilt by association. This is the base point that distorts your view of the world and insists that anyone trying to reach out and help drag you out of the hole can not be trusted. Don't worry you are not alone in this it is a common reaction for all of us imperfect humans. Terms like 'Reality Denier, Pseudoscience, Zealot like beliefs, you have no understanding of science' are prime examples. They would be arguments if they were qualified with evidence, which is what i try to do when employing words with less pretty imprints.


    3. Slippery slope/ Dominoe theory. You argue that because i have not personally been to space and because you can fake images, that one can never trust video or photos taken from space even when verified by thousands of people. You use this not just to prove a flat earth but to disprove the holocaust or anything you choose to make shit up about because you insist on taking things to the extreme. Logic, rationality and evidence are dismissed in order for you to claim complete bollocks. One could hardly be more fallacious.
    Just more drivel from you. Practically demonstrate your beliefs with experiments.

    What authority do I appeal to? I only deal in natural science. Where have I claimed there is no such thing as experts? An appeal to authority who only has beliefs and is unable to back up those beliefs with practical demonstrations and experiments is where there problem occurs. Then using those authorities/ experts support is where the fallacious reasoning comes in. I never refer to myself as an expert, I rely on natural science, observation and experiments to disprove the claims of the globe.

    There is nothing to debate, earth is demonstrably level.

    All I need to you to do is provide your practical demonstrations/ experiments. You obviously have no understanding of science. You are the only one between us using ad hominem, calling me an idiot is attacking my character, it isn't measurable proof of the affirmative claim using natural or applied science using tangible substance.

    You haven't been to space, so you are unable to falsify anything to do with it. I don't accept images as proof of anything, do you? There are plenty of images of Superman and Santa, doesn't make them anymore real to me. Are you claiming thousands of people have been to space? What flat earth are you talking about? The earth is demonstrably level. Natural science proves the globe is a nature defying absurdity. Why do you keep bringing up the holohoax?

    Still waiting for your practical demonstrations/ experiments to back up your beliefs:

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing a large body of standing water with the surface naturally displaying convex and conforming to the exterior of a shape.

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing a vacuum next to a non-vacuum, without a barrier.

    A physical practical demonstration/ experiment showing air pressure being created without a container.

    Your experiment proving gravity, telling me what your independent and dependant variables were.








    They live, We sleep

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,473
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3196
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Why are the likes of Johnson and Big Ears able to be tested, yet ordinary people cannot get tested so easily?

    You can see the contrast in the ability of nations to mobilise here. Frankly, the UK, France and the US do not seem to have any idea how many people might have this. Their testing is paltry to say the least.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,415
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1069
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Gandalf we have been saying this for quite some time. Maybe try reading other people posts. Particularly those of people who live here. Or else what is the point?

    You have told us next to nothing about SK where we have all been very frank, open and honest about what is happening where we live. SK not just testing, but doing so intelligently and extensively and then tracing contact to build models is not only successful, it is how the world works. In business and art, culture, economics, science, medicine etc it is how we have increasingly understood the world for years.

    Boris and Co ignoring all that under the dangerous idiot Cummings is responsible for the fact they are building temporary morgues now all over the UK, including a few miles from here.

    It is much more than a scandal. It is what happens when people vote for the bastards who cheered when stopping a very small pay rise for NHS workers, and then pretend to support them a few weeks later.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,473
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3196
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    My point being that more testing tends to correlate with better management. You are keeping the mildly infected quarantined thus reducing further spread. It means less chance of someone more seriously infected taking up a hospital bed.

    Granted Spain and Italy are anomalies in that regard, but other nations with more testing have lower death rates. That is the pattern.

    I don't know how it is there but emergency messages inform you of hotspots nearby. 'If you were in location B at 2.35pm outside city hall please get tested'. Everybody sees it. It is monitored. I don't know how other countries are in that regard. International students in the UK say it has been handled poorly.

    Anyway, with Johnson by extension you should probably be tracking and tracing and testing say a thousand people and in turn of those who have it track and trace who they have been in contact with and on it goes. You test a lot of people. It is a complex process, but experts can do this pretty well. By doing that you try to out maneuver the virus and get a semblance of control.

    If you are not testing extensively either then you are asking for problems. The US death rate is not too bad for now, but with acceleration it will spike.

    We annotvof course trust the Chinese data or the WHO who on February 4th said that nations had no reason to interfere with travel or trade as.....well.....blah. Liars.

    Alex Jones needs deplatforming? Those twats were on Twitter lying again and again. Nobody cares.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,415
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1069
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Thank you Gandalf.

    That is exactly what we should have been doing.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,473
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3196
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Thank you Gandalf.

    That is exactly what we should have been doing.
    Thank you. That felt like a non prickly response. I liked that. I don't talk about things because part of me thinks 'Is this all about me' and 'Am I going to be called an egomaniac?' I thus don't really say much about what I am up to beyond what odd book kick I am on and will go on a run with a theme. That is about a topic rather than me.

    Thus I keep quiet. Of course I wanted to talk about it as it has disrupted my life like many of you are now seeing. It got freaky here. To a degree it still is as education offices won't open schools. It has been a pain in the arse if I am being honest as I have had to adapt to a new way of working. Same for many and for you chaps too.

    It is going to get a lot worse there judging by the numbers. Of course I hate saying that. I knew it couldn't be like here, but could never imagine it being like Italy. I was expecting damage, but controlled damage. Remember, my perspective is that things are being done to protect people. We were watching them in Parliament here on the BBC last week and my wife was saying 'Why is nobody wearing a mask'. I couldn't explain it away. Then she told me yesterday and I just shook my head.

    Of course I freak when I see no masks or people not keeping distances and with no masks. I think it hasn't been taken seriously enough. See, I think it is not so bad...as long as you take it seriously. That's why I will say I do not fear it that much, but will of course mask up, keep clean etc. I am in a different environment. Do you see what I mean? I am kind of used to missiles aimed at me and virus threats. The war mode is there with military service still compulsory, mass mobilisation is doable.

    Back on topic though, is extensive tracing even happening? Why is the testing so low? Out here there were drive throughs. You were tested in 30 minutes. Anybody suspected of it was tested immediately. If you just wanted self reassurance you could pay 40 quid for a test. I have not been tested, I have not even had a cold in maybe 16 months. But if I wanted to it was there. Masks are rationed, but you can have 2 a week. When back to work they must be provided for us. Things are done, safety is everything. You see where my perspective is? I think sometimes you cannot see through my lens and sometimes me through yours.

    Stay home, tell people you know to stay home and ride out the wave. It's now a big wave. Good luck. Nothing lasts forever though as Ian McCullough once said. All things must pass as George Harrison once said too. And despite Morrissey suggesting panic while describing scenes of carnage and hung DJ's, people should just enjoy time with family, play some board games and not be too down. Most will be fine.

    It will get better and I am sure Boris will be fine too.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,415
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1069
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Attached Images
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,222
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    74
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    so much for a persistent cough boris
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,473
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3196
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

    Boris seems under the weather but quite fine. I bet most who have it are and most of course do not have it. It is easy to spook over feminized soft people. This man quite agrees.

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9435981.html
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. OK, now RESIGN! lil' Davey boy, RESIGN! bwAHAHA!!!
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-25-2016, 04:47 AM
  2. Boris
    By Dia bando in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 09:20 PM
  3. Why Smashup must resign as moderator!
    By superheavyrhun in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 10:57 AM
  4. Tony Blair to resign
    By El Kabong in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 11:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing