Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  152
Dislikes Dislikes:  11

Poll: Should Boris Resign?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Boris Resign?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Boris seems under the weather but quite fine. I bet most who have it are and most of course do not have it. It is easy to spook over feminized soft people. This man quite agrees.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9435981.html
    his announcement that he had it went for two minutes, he said he had a persistent cough but never coughed once
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Boris is now in hospital for tests. The guy who joked in the meetings about sourcing ventilators it should be called 'Operation last gasp'. You would not wish this virus on your worst enemy but this is a guy who sent out forms suggesting people with learning difficulties or requiring daily care should have 'do not resuscitate' signed on their behalf.

Eugenics.

Hopefully he pulls through and takes things a bit more seriously. Starting with sacking Cummings and listening to people with some kind of expertise in something other than PR.

Shambles.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boris seems under the weather but quite fine. I bet most who have it are and most of course do not have it. It is easy to spook over feminized soft people. This man quite agrees.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9435981.html
    This guy disagrees with your guy

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/op...e-once-2527788
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boris would appear to be a bit more than under the weather.

Yes it's obviously not true. Yet another move to control the masses, promote hysteria and all that jazz.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn Boris in the ICU now. Russian news is reporting he is ventilated but that’s just Russia. I read that stats are 20% of people with the virus who are admitted to the ER are ventilated within 24hrs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's shocking really.

I wasn't a particular Boris fan, and thought he was lacking in substance and in a set of core beliefs .... but he did step up to the plate in terms of becoming a government figure and trying to show some real leadership in this crisis. That's my view, anyway. I'm not going to get into a debate or anything.

One if the reasons I now avoid Facebook is seeing some of the genuinely despicable comments that people post on threads there.

Moving away from the fact he is the PM, he is somebody's son, partner, brother and father. Hope he makes a full recovery.

A reasonably healthy 54 year old, with possibly the best medical care in the world, and this happens.

It is beginning to feel quite Apocalyptic.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

Yes it's obviously not true. Yet another move to control the masses, promote hysteria and all that jazz.
    Boris was maybe not being completely honest about his condition or maybe he just didn't realize he was that sick. Sometimes we come to think of being ill as normal. Tired, flu like, panicky, disorientated, it can be the normal for many. He said himself that he had a fever and there was no sign of a cough, so perhaps masking things a little, wanting to be brave, knowing he has to be an example. You have to go on what somebody is saying as that is all you have. Was it propaganda or self denial? I do not know, but what we dk know is that most do not have terrible symptoms but a sizeable minority do. Boris is older, not in shape, and unfortunately, has suffered.

I wish him a full and healthy recovery and hope he will lead Britain for another 20 years.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boris was maybe not being completely honest about his condition or maybe he just didn't realize he was that sick. Sometimes we come to think of being ill as normal. Tired, flu like, panicky, disorientated, it can be the normal for many. He said himself that he had a fever and there was no sign of a cough, so perhaps masking things a little, wanting to be brave, knowing he has to be an example. You have to go on what somebody is saying as that is all you have. Was it propaganda or self denial? I do not know, but what we dk know is that most do not have terrible symptoms but a sizeable minority do. Boris is older, not in shape, and unfortunately, has suffered.

I wish him a full and healthy recovery and hope he will lead Britain for another 20 years.
    That’s very true when I got hit with that flu last month I went four days just thinking I was run down and maybe getting a cold. By the time I got checked out I was running a 102 fever and I would not have guessed I was running hot. I hate going to the doctor but I’m going to be more careful in the future, I was still pushing myself to do everything I could have made people sick.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    It's shocking really.

I wasn't a particular Boris fan, and thought he was lacking in substance and in a set of core beliefs .... but he did step up to the plate in terms of becoming a government figure and trying to show some real leadership in this crisis. That's my view, anyway. I'm not going to get into a debate or anything.

One if the reasons I now avoid Facebook is seeing some of the genuinely despicable comments that people post on threads there.

Moving away from the fact he is the PM, he is somebody's son, partner, brother and father. Hope he makes a full recovery.

A reasonably healthy 54 year old, with possibly the best medical care in the world, and this happens.

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery but the idea that he stepped up to the plate and showed some real leadership is just not very reflective of reality. Cummings had his ear and the whole Government was more interested in good PR than taking hard measures and following the advice from experts. Still we are not testing enough and then just as importantly tracing and building data models to cut off this bastard virus at the feet.

I am reading just as many comments bloody chastising people as being somehow unpatriotic or not part of the team for not showing enough crocodile tears. Social Media is a distorting bubble for us all.

'Operation last gasp' 'Herd Immunity' 'Sacrifice of losing loved ones' 'Do not resuscitate notices for people with learning difficulties'
    these are all the PM's ideas and words and they are just as despicable comments as those made about him.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I definitely agree with you about social media.

I have my view about his leadership, and you have yours. That's fine, we are allowed to have different viewpoints ...... 👍🏼
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    It's shocking really.

I agree with you. He came in and destroyed Labour, has promised on Brexit, and even sick has put on a brave face. He has done great things already. He clearly loves his country and that is why people warm to him. Only those that do not have the hate on. I didn't like him before, but he has grown on me. I like his honest comments, the ugly truths.

Could things have been done better? Should things have been better prepared? Of course, but looking at the world the UK did it the same as most other countries.

You needed someome mad who would have said 'No tourists, I am blocking Brits returning home until checked....borders matter... I am forcing you to make masks, I am going to get the testing ready now and I am going to nip this in the bud because I pay attention to China and we won't need to shut down the entire economy meaning even more deaths'. Nobody did that, so it is hard to single out Boris.

550,000 die every year and pandemics happen. It is a sad reality, but people do get sick and die. We all will. Of course, 54 is no age to die, so you hope Boris recovers and gets his good innings of 80.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some (((people who hate us))) - like one person who posted repeatedly in this thread - are happy that Boris is in intensive care and may die.

Those who wish COVID-19 and death on Boris and the rest of us deserve to get COVID-19 and die themselves. I hope their bad karma comes back at them.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Some (((people who hate us))) - like one person who posted repeatedly in this thread - are happy that Boris is in intensive care and may die.

Those who wish COVID-19 and death on Boris and the rest of us deserve to get COVID-19 and die themselves. I hope their bad karma comes back at them.
    Who said they are happy that Boris is in intensive care and may die?

Quote the scoundrel!!

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I sounded rather harsh there, but for sure, he has made a big mistake here and due to the lack of beds the UK will have problems. Not only that but people who require important treatments will inevitably be delayed and potentially die.

No, the same as here the decision to not immediately own the situation means that the situation is worsened and that is not acceptable. Furthermore, the notion that schools will open this week is ridiculous. Sensible teachers and parents should obviously oppose putting others at risk if the government does not have the balls to make strong decisions.

Protect yourselves and stay safe. Do what is right rather than what you are told.
    I stand by this post, but few countries did any better. Even here they kept the Chinese planes flying in. It was irresponsible. It runs global and not helped at all by China covering up and denying human to human transmission while sending WMD global and then the WHO saying nonsense about masks and how borders should not be restricted.

Governments rely on experts and all too many were guided poorly. The UK was poorer than some and it might have been a better strategy had they shut the borders completely, but the advice was against. The WHO needs to go and it would be great if people went back to seeing how staying local and protecting borders is good for you. They help slow any assault on your nation, they are there to protect you.

The loss of tourists for a few months is nothing compared with keeping a general economy afloat and not collapsing a healthcare system. Nations need more self sufficiency too and this also kind of proved the failure of the EU which takes us back to the start of the thread. Nations function better when they have more autonomy.

I am quite upset about Boris actually. He is not a mean person, just a Tory and values like doing things on your own terms are decent. He is hardly Thatcher or Blair. He never denied societies existence like Thatcher or tried to destroy society like Blair. He believes in Britain and is clearly ready to die for Britain if need be. We should never call him a coward ever again.

Long live Boris Johnson. The man of the people as chosen by the people.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 04-07-2020 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Made some typo's on a phone before.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Who said they are happy that Boris is in intensive care and may die?

Quote the scoundrel!!
    Quite, who could it be?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information