Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  152
Dislikes Dislikes:  11

Poll: Should Boris Resign?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Boris Resign?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Glad I finally took a day off so I can enjoy this festive informative place

Serious question, haven't kept up on El Boris but was or is he incubated at all?
    He is on ICU but not on a ventilator and apparently responding well to treatment.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Serious question, haven't kept up on El Boris but was or is he incubated at all?
    He is on ICU but not on a ventilator and apparently responding well to treatment.
    I hate ICU. Who is the version of a Vice President over there? Seems he was a little dismissive of this early on or no?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate ICU. Who is the version of a Vice President over there? Seems he was a little dismissive of this early on or no?

Amazingly there is no vice Prime Minister but Dominic Raab is sort of taking up that role. And yes Boris insisted on shaking hands with Corona Virus patients just a few weeks ago
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amazingly there is no vice Prime Minister but Dominic Raab is sort of taking up that role. And yes Boris insisted on shaking hands with Corona Virus patients just a few weeks ago
    How is there no VP was that voted on? Simply off the top shaking hands with infected makes him sound about as sharp as a marble. Well this might just be a needed eye opener. Hope he makes it out.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Dominic was foreign minister correct? What is the process can the sitting PM deputize anyone in the cabinet?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is there no VP was that voted on? Simply off the top shaking hands with infected makes him sound about as sharp as a marble. Well this might just be a needed eye opener. Hope he makes it out.
    There is no Deputy or Vice Prime Minister because we have a cabinet system of Government and not a Presidential system. There is no requirement for it in law because the PM is seen as first among equals. It is why I never got people saying I could not vote for Labour because of Corbyn. Well unless he is your MP you are not you voting for Corbyn you are voting for the party. The last deputy PM was Nick Clegg when we were run by a coalition and he was part of the minority party that helped the Torys win and get into Government.

These guys in right now are doing a terrible job because they sacked all the sensible Tory MPs who have years of experience actually doing proper jobs and so we are now in the state we are in. Even on it's worst day Italy never had this amount of deaths in a day and we have not hit peak yet.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I think Dominic was foreign minister correct? What is the process can the sitting PM deputize anyone in the cabinet?

I think traditionally established order of precedence would be Secretary of State (foreign secretary) Raab and then the Chancellor Rishi Sunak . (Freedom would be delighted )
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah that makes sense. Learn something new everyday, if we're lucky. Need to do my homework I spose. Most I learned of politics 'across the pond' back in school had to come from Sham 69 or Newtown Neurotics etc

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Johnson is out of ICU and back in the recovery unit/ward.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

King Boris. May he father every new born in the British Isles for the next 40 years.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    King Boris. May he father every new born in the British Isles for the next 40 years.
    Promoting more single parents? I guess if he has a high IQ it is fine.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Promoting more single parents? I guess if he has a high IQ it is fine.
    Money.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before anyone accuses me of anything, the past 2 posts have been satirical.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nearly a thousand people died in the UK from Covid 19 yesterday, the worst figures in Europe since this nightmare began and yet the majority of the mainstream press were far more interested in celebrating Johnson the incompetent fool leaving ICU. Thousands died in the UK in the last week and there is no way you can deny his governments policies have contributed to making that figure so high. The disconnect from reality in this country right now from people insisting that people tug there forelock and bow down before a bloke you would barely trust to wash the dishes is insane. Then to rub salt into the wounds, Hancock the absolute bastard that he is, has the cheek to chastise health care workers (many of whom have no PPE whatsoever) for using PPE when he doesn't think they need to. That is beyond the pale.

Those of you who voted for the bloke and his party must surely now see how nobody is holding them to account, and with such a compliant press and media base sparing them from scrutiny, they are being allowed to fail British citizens day in, day out. They really don't give a shit about NHS workers or the general public. They are refusing ventilators from Europe in a childish effort to pretend that remaining a sovereign nation or some other invented crap, is more important than stopping people from dying.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hancock is now blaming the lack of PPE for NHS workers on the public buying masks Unbelievable stuff. This is way beyond party politics and the man along with the rest of the cabinet, are way out of their depth. It reminds me of Geoffrey Howe talking about how Thatcher had tied British industry and finance workers hands behind their backs in her ideological attitude toward Europe in the speech that helped end her reign. (Even she would be better than this rabble and I would never imagine myself saying that in my lifetime)

This is exactly what this government has done to the NHS. Howe said

"It is rather like sending your opening batsmen to the crease only for them to find, the moment the first balls are bowled, that their bats have been broken before the game by the team captain.The time has come for others to consider their own response to the tragic conflict of loyalties with which I have myself wrestled for perhaps too long."

These workers are dying because of the Governments negligence.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information