Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
If it has one single thing to do with Johnson and his resigning , yes an American perspective would be interesting. If it is to distract and just further your own polarised myopic 'right at all costs' agenda then kindly

My perspective is: Why would Johnson resign when you've got a Parliamentary system that holds votes on a whim if no confidence is had in the leader. A demand for resignation comes from political opponents not having the pull to actually do anything against Johnson. Now you personally may not like that, but it's the truth. The Left/Center Left parties have failed to strike upon what the people want and that's why they've lost several elections in a row...they've doubled and tripled down on failed platforms, they've not had successful arguments, they've not sold the people on their vision for the nation. In order to gain political strength they've got to find out what the people actually want that they as a political party(or parties) can offer them that the Tories aren't providing.

Say what you will about the Tories, they were smart enough to co-opt Brexit and they were rewarded with votes. Labour could have done the same thing, but they were too focused on being in the EU and attempting to shape how life was going to be as a part of the EU. Labour thought "We're past the point of no return, the voters wouldn't dare overrule us now". They bet on the wrong horse and now they've got precious little political pull when they could have been figuring out what Britain was going to look like on it's own as lead by Labour and the Left.

That's my take, and some of it may very well be incorrect, but that's how I see things.