Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  152
Dislikes Dislikes:  11

Poll: Should Boris Resign?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Boris Resign?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Boris Resign?

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he's replaced by this Boris, sure why not!

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"During my many years as a journalist I have covered countless protest movements. I witnessed the first stirrings of Iran’s Green Revolution after Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s theft of the 2009 presidential election. In 2011 I stood in Tahrir Square in Cairo with tens of thousands of young Egyptians bent on deposing their dictatorial president, Hosni Mubarak. That same year I joined hordes of Libyans as they stormed Bab al-Azizia, Colonel Gaddafi’s Tripoli stronghold. I was in Syria as the popular uprising against the Assad regime gathered pace in 2013.

I know a legitimate protest movement when I see one, and Black Lives Matter certainly qualifies, though it is a shame that a tiny minority played into the hands of its critics by defacing the Cenotaph and Winston Churchill’s statue.
    By contrast, those overwhelmingly white, mostly male, shaven-headed, heavily tattooed, bare-chested, big-bellied, beer-guzzling, foul-mouthed, hate-fuelled thugs who gathered in Parliament Square on Saturday afternoon, ostensibly to protect those monuments, emphatically do not qualify. They were a mob – not just a few of them but all of them.
    I was there, observing. I watched in disgust as they taunted the police – hurling bottles and beer cans at them, taking close-up videos of their faces, and berating them for their prudent light-touch policing of the previous weekend’s BLM protests. “You’re a fucking embarrassment,” they screamed. “You’re a shower of fucking wankers.” “Treasonous cunts.” “You’re bottle jobs, all of you, letting them do what they want to our statues.”
    I watched in disgust as they sought to portray themselves as patriots – wrapping themselves in Union Jacks and St George’s flags, singing “Rule Britannia” and the national anthem, and chanting “In-ger-land, In-ger-land” even as they subverted the traditional British values of tolerance, inclusivity, compassion and moderation. Some wore military berets, England football jerseys or “Help for Heroes” T-shirts.
    They chanted “Tommy, Tommy, Tommy Robinson”. They chanted “No surrender”. They chanted “Winston Churchill is one of our own” when, in truth, the man who did so much to defeat the fascism of Nazi Germany would have been appalled by the neo-fascists purportedly protecting his statue.
    As I watched those disgraceful scenes unfold, I remembered the warning that Craig Oliver, then Downing Street’s director of communications, gave David Cameron shortly before the prime minister announced the Brexit referendum of 2016: “You may unleash demons of which ye know not...”

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...us0lxbWfO2sffM
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You only hear what you want to hear. The public will reject you. The more you push the more you repel.

El Kabong Guest

I'm asking quite sincerely: Does anyone think that statues of Churchill need to come down? If so why?

I don't want debate as I won't respond with anything but a "thank you for taking the time to respond", I just want opinions but I do ask for you to be as specific as you can.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course not. No statue needs to come down. If you are triggered by a statue I suggest mental help. All grievance studies have done is fostered ever more division and unrest and often with people who haven't even grown up yet.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pulling down statues is modern day book burning
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RussInCheshire - Designer, Lefty, Feminist , Remainer and wazzock.

Those are his words.
    I like the word Wazzock after the other descriptions.

Wazzock of course means - Idiot, Halfwit, Nincompoop, Blockhead, Buffoon, Dunce, Cretin etc.
    Sounds like a perfect description of someone from the remainer left.

Bravo Russ.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    pulling down statues is modern day book burning
    Spoken like a kneeling mind controlled servant prostrating themselves to Caesar, Crassus and Pompey. A worshiper at the London, Vatican and Washington Obelisks (Finance, Religion, Military).

Start thinking for yourself

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I'm asking quite sincerely: Does anyone think that statues of Churchill need to come down? If so why?

I don't want debate as I won't respond with anything but a "thank you for taking the time to respond", I just want opinions but I do ask for you to be as specific as you can.

Of course there will be some, considering some of the appalling attitudes he expressed and pretty evil things he did, but the majority of people, even on the furthest edges of the left, do not want the Statues of Churchill to be taken down.

That is just a convenient distraction though, and one that people like you, will use to try and discredit any kind of movement to actually better educate people. An education system that has for years been failing so miserably, because of deeply entrenched racist attitudes, that are ironically (considering the censorship claims of the babies espousing them) very anti free speech themselves, needs a long overdue overhaul.

The proliferation of odious revisionists need to stop censoring the uncomfortable truth. You, and many here, are part of a movement for years that have resisted that, and would rather maintain lies that lay out the complete picture.

That the education system has failed in teaching any kind of truthful history is pretty clearly demonstrated by many neanderthal idiots all over this forum, boasting about their ignorance as though it were a badge of honour.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Of course there will be some, considering some of the appalling attitudes he expressed and pretty evil things he did, but the majority of people, even on the furthest edges of the left, do not want the Statues of Churchill to be taken down.

That is just a convenient distraction though, and one that people like you, will use to try and discredit any kind of movement to actually better educate people. An education system that has for years been failing so miserably, because of deeply entrenched racist attitudes, that are ironically (considering the censorship claims of the babies espousing them) very anti free speech themselves, needs a long overdue overhaul.

The proliferation of odious revisionists need to stop censoring the uncomfortable truth. You, and many here, are part of a movement for years that have resisted that, and would rather maintain lies that lay out the complete picture.

That the education system has failed in teaching any kind of truthful history is pretty clearly demonstrated by many neanderthal idiots all over this forum, boasting about their ignorance as though it were a badge of honour.
    Thanks for the response

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the response

Thanks for trying to distract from the fact that because like you, our idiot Prime Minister has no time for Science when it gets in the way of Capitalism, his two week lock down delay cost thousands of British Citizens their lives.

It is incredibly telling that even now after this and other revelations every day, many people who for years have lied about caring for England, Great Britain etc are still blaming someone who as not elected. Just like your deafening silence when hundreds were arrested after attacking the Police and desecrating the War Memorials they were supposed to be defending.

The 'Data' the 'Facts' are all here in this thread and yet supposed Patriots are all standing idly by as their country, The UK, is sold off to the most corrupt huge corporations and interests of your globalist schill President.

Like you who i presume would have chastised those taking down the statue Of King George in New York. this corrupt Government under Johnson have now suggested that like you they think, statues are more important than living people.

The current sentencing guidelines for most rape cases is a measly and inadequate 5 - 10 years. This Government under Johnson has now suggested that daubing a statue carry at least 10 years.

That is why he has to go.

Yesterday was the four year anniversary of the Death of the MP Jo Cox. A woman killed for her compassion and empathy, by someone who shared many of the same beliefs and attitudes of the racist Johnson, You, Gandalf and many of the extreme no deal fuck Britain over Brexit vandals here.

Johnson should be gone.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Thanks for trying to distract from the fact that because like you, our idiot Prime Minister has no time for Science when it gets in the way of Capitalism, his two week lock down delay cost thousands of British Citizens their lives.

It is incredibly telling that even now after this and other revelations every day, many people who for years have lied about caring for England, Great Britain etc are still blaming someone who as not elected. Just like your deafening silence when hundreds were arrested after attacking the Police and desecrating the War Memorials they were supposed to be defending.

The 'Data' the 'Facts' are all here in this thread and yet supposed Patriots are all standing idly by as their country, The UK, is sold off to the most corrupt huge corporations and interests of your globalist schill President.

Like you who i presume would have chastised those taking down the statue Of King George in New York. this corrupt Government under Johnson have now suggested that like you they thing statues are more important than living people.

The current sentencing guidelines for most rape cases is a measly and inadequate 5 - 10 years. This Government under Johnson has now suggested that daubing a statue carry at least 10 years.

Yesterday was the four year anniversary of the Death of the MP Jo Cox. A woman killed for her compassion and empathy, by someone who shared many of the same beliefs and attitudes of the racist Johnson, You, Gandalf and many of the extreme no deal fuck Britain over Brexit vandals here.

Johnson should be gone.
    Do you actually want a response from me or do you just enjoy hectoring anyone who dares disagree with you?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like you who i presume would have chastised those taking down the statue Of King George in New York. this corrupt Government under Johnson have now suggested that like you they thing statues are more important than living people.

Johnson should be gone.
    Do you actually want a response from me or do you just enjoy hectoring anyone who dares disagree with you?

If it has one single thing to do with Johnson and his resigning , yes an American perspective would be interesting. If it is to distract and just further your own polarised myopic 'right at all costs' agenda then kindly

Hidden Content

Thread Information