Quote Originally Posted by Gandmiles View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Gandmiles View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
"To recommend thrift to the poor is both grotesque and insulting. It is like advising a man who is starving to eat less"

Oscar Wilde
The last man one would take parental or financial advice from. Do you know nothing of Oscar Wilde? One of those great men who chose to have kids without fully thinking it through and couldn't save a penny despite earning more than most.

Quick with an epigram, short with personal responsibility.

He is your hero not mine and it is not parental or financial advise. That you would seek to reduce it to such, shows how little humanity you possess.
No, it doesn't show anything about my humanity. My point being that in some ways my own father was akin to Wilde minus the beer belly and thesaurus. Poverty was chosen in both cases. A common story just on a less dramatic scale in our case.

Even post prison Wilde had money mainly through the charity of friends, but spent it as fast as he could find it. He chose and wouldn't change.

So free meals is multi generational in your household. Would never have guessed.

What a snide and presumptuous little bastard you are. We paid for both of our children's meals and yet here you are casting judgement in a pandemic for fuck sake on someone whose situation you know nothing about.