Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: Should England ban private schools

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,646
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    It’s good for parents to have an option to get their kids out of government run schools. Skip the whole gender thing and have a little input. This isn’t unique to you guys NY is working on this slowly but surely.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,151
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    IF England bans private schools THEN what is the public school curriculum and who makes the final decisions on it?

    I figure there are at least some similarities between the US education system and UK system and everything taught isn't always cut and dry and sometimes (as you've seen in certain areas) specific topics are kind of a third rail....so how does that work in a one size fits all education system?

    Then there's the whole class size issue and teacher to student ratio as well as taxation which pays for the operation of these centers of education...and those are all things mass immigration legal, illegal or otherwise make far worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    How Life Became an Endless, Terrible Competition

    Meritocracy prizes achievement above all else, making everyone—even the rich—miserable. Maybe there’s a way out.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...inners/594760/
    Is it though? He seems to greatly lament nepotism. Also it's just taken for granted that anyone and everyone can be at the tippy top of the money making mountain rather than a more pragmatic "the world needs ditch diggers too" and that is very true. Also this lawyer and law professor seems to not even have manual labor and the money to be made in those fields on his radar. The value of a college education has peaked and is beginning to become more of an economic hindrance rather than a benefit. Now he IS quite correct on the "billable hour" and whew boy that's a fucking grinder that young high paid lawyers go through and it weeds out the pretenders from the contenders, there's plenty of other kinds of law and plenty of people make money practicing and they aren't all in mergers and acquisitions, they aren't all high rollin' wheelin' dealin' kiss stealin' limousine ridin' jet flyin' son of a guns....some do rather mundane things and they pay their bills, they do better than their parents before them. What that lawyer is saying is tantamount to "Well if you don't play football in the Premier League it isn't even worth your while to play the game"...meanwhile there's leagues all around the world all at varying levels of skill and some better or equal to the Premier League.

    That lawyer/law professor is in a bubble and he doesn't even recognize it. Most lawyers like THAT yeah they aren't what I'd call observant of people on different paths than themselves.
    The government in conjunction with various examining boards around the country set the curriculum. That wouldn't change if private schools were abolished. Did you actually read the article? If you did you didn't comprehend it. It's not all about lawyers and billable hours, it's about every single job the elite do. It's also about the huge and widening inequality gap between the elite and everybody else. People are not doing better than their parents, they're doing much worse. On another subject you'd be parroting the fact that wages are stagnant for decades now and the elite are capturing all the economic gains, that the system is rigged. You know, what you were saying back in 2016 when Trump was saying it. It's an article lamenting the fact that the whole system now is just horrific for the elite on down for the vast majority of people.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,582
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Yeah you're right rampant illegal immigration wouldn't have anything to do with wage stagnation.

    I do so love the contempt that you respond to me with. Every time. It's lovely, I must really irk you...and that just warms my heart
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,151
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah you're right rampant illegal immigration wouldn't have anything to do with wage stagnation.

    I do so love the contempt that you respond to me with. Every time. It's lovely, I must really irk you...and that just warms my heart
    Massive illegal immigration doesn't have anything to do with wage stagnation. If mass immigration over the southern border was bad for the American economy there'd be a double hundred foot wall between the Atlantic and the Pacific with a patrolled road in between the two walls. The highest level of immigration relative to population America has ever seen in the two hundred years of mass immigration over the southern border came after WW2 due to the booming economy, a time when America weas growing at five percent a year.

    The reason wages weren't stagnating then was the way the economy was set up -- strong unions meant that American labour got a much bigger piece of the national income pie than they do now and the ninety one percent top rate of tax helped keep a lid on inequality and the damaging economic effects of too big a percentage of national income being pumped into assets held by a handful of people. Prosperity was broadly shared and despite the huge numbers of wetbacks coming ober the border everybody did well in those decades. Wages only started to stagnate with the advent of Reagan and supply side economic policies which have slowed economic growth for everybody, created massive inequality of wealth and stagnated wages for forty years now, Trump's tax cut being the latest example of supply side failure.

    Mass immigration boosts economic growth and there are hundreds of years of evidence to prove this. Stagnant wages are not caused by mass immigration, they're caused by the economic policies of the political party who use immigration as an excuse for the ongoing unrelenting unbroken forty year failure* of their economic policies. This has been explained to you before in much greater detail but facts and evidence just bounce off you which is one of the reasons I have so much contempt for you.

    *But not failure for the people behind those policies! For those people these policies are an incredible success!


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,646
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah you're right rampant illegal immigration wouldn't have anything to do with wage stagnation.

    I do so love the contempt that you respond to me with. Every time. It's lovely, I must really irk you...and that just warms my heart
    Massive illegal immigration doesn't have anything to do with wage stagnation. If mass immigration over the southern border was bad for the American economy there'd be a double hundred foot wall between the Atlantic and the Pacific with a patrolled road in between the two walls. The highest level of immigration relative to population America has ever seen in the two hundred years of mass immigration over the southern border came after WW2 due to the booming economy, a time when America weas growing at five percent a year.

    The reason wages weren't stagnating then was the way the economy was set up -- strong unions meant that American labour got a much bigger piece of the national income pie than they do now and the ninety one percent top rate of tax helped keep a lid on inequality and the damaging economic effects of too big a percentage of national income being pumped into assets held by a handful of people. Prosperity was broadly shared and despite the huge numbers of wetbacks coming ober the border everybody did well in those decades. Wages only started to stagnate with the advent of Reagan and supply side economic policies which have slowed economic growth for everybody, created massive inequality of wealth and stagnated wages for forty years now, Trump's tax cut being the latest example of supply side failure.

    Mass immigration boosts economic growth and there are hundreds of years of evidence to prove this. Stagnant wages are not caused by mass immigration, they're caused by the economic policies of the political party who use immigration as an excuse for the ongoing unrelenting unbroken forty year failure* of their economic policies. This has been explained to you before in much greater detail but facts and evidence just bounce off you which is one of the reasons I have so much contempt for you.

    *But not failure for the people behind those policies! For those people these policies are an incredible success!

    It’s not about money it’s about votes. Why would people argue not to protect our border?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,151
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah you're right rampant illegal immigration wouldn't have anything to do with wage stagnation.

    I do so love the contempt that you respond to me with. Every time. It's lovely, I must really irk you...and that just warms my heart
    Massive illegal immigration doesn't have anything to do with wage stagnation. If mass immigration over the southern border was bad for the American economy there'd be a double hundred foot wall between the Atlantic and the Pacific with a patrolled road in between the two walls. The highest level of immigration relative to population America has ever seen in the two hundred years of mass immigration over the southern border came after WW2 due to the booming economy, a time when America weas growing at five percent a year.

    The reason wages weren't stagnating then was the way the economy was set up -- strong unions meant that American labour got a much bigger piece of the national income pie than they do now and the ninety one percent top rate of tax helped keep a lid on inequality and the damaging economic effects of too big a percentage of national income being pumped into assets held by a handful of people. Prosperity was broadly shared and despite the huge numbers of wetbacks coming ober the border everybody did well in those decades. Wages only started to stagnate with the advent of Reagan and supply side economic policies which have slowed economic growth for everybody, created massive inequality of wealth and stagnated wages for forty years now, Trump's tax cut being the latest example of supply side failure.

    Mass immigration boosts economic growth and there are hundreds of years of evidence to prove this. Stagnant wages are not caused by mass immigration, they're caused by the economic policies of the political party who use immigration as an excuse for the ongoing unrelenting unbroken forty year failure* of their economic policies. This has been explained to you before in much greater detail but facts and evidence just bounce off you which is one of the reasons I have so much contempt for you.

    *But not failure for the people behind those policies! For those people these policies are an incredible success!

    It’s not about money it’s about votes. Why would people argue not to protect our border?
    Running a popular right wing movement on behalf of a bunch of plutocrats is no easy thing. You've got to use everything you've got whether it's furriners, abortion, god gays and guns and whatever else in order to get enough votes so you can then rob and loot the country while tossing enough red meat at these idiots to keep them distracted while you get on with the looting.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,582
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    A couple things...

    Illegals aren't helping unions either comrade

    TAXATION is the issue with illegals. Less owners, less property taxes, more people, more people who don't even speak English, more gangs, those things mean worse schools.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,646
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah you're right rampant illegal immigration wouldn't have anything to do with wage stagnation.

    I do so love the contempt that you respond to me with. Every time. It's lovely, I must really irk you...and that just warms my heart
    Massive illegal immigration doesn't have anything to do with wage stagnation. If mass immigration over the southern border was bad for the American economy there'd be a double hundred foot wall between the Atlantic and the Pacific with a patrolled road in between the two walls. The highest level of immigration relative to population America has ever seen in the two hundred years of mass immigration over the southern border came after WW2 due to the booming economy, a time when America weas growing at five percent a year.

    The reason wages weren't stagnating then was the way the economy was set up -- strong unions meant that American labour got a much bigger piece of the national income pie than they do now and the ninety one percent top rate of tax helped keep a lid on inequality and the damaging economic effects of too big a percentage of national income being pumped into assets held by a handful of people. Prosperity was broadly shared and despite the huge numbers of wetbacks coming ober the border everybody did well in those decades. Wages only started to stagnate with the advent of Reagan and supply side economic policies which have slowed economic growth for everybody, created massive inequality of wealth and stagnated wages for forty years now, Trump's tax cut being the latest example of supply side failure.

    Mass immigration boosts economic growth and there are hundreds of years of evidence to prove this. Stagnant wages are not caused by mass immigration, they're caused by the economic policies of the political party who use immigration as an excuse for the ongoing unrelenting unbroken forty year failure* of their economic policies. This has been explained to you before in much greater detail but facts and evidence just bounce off you which is one of the reasons I have so much contempt for you.

    *But not failure for the people behind those policies! For those people these policies are an incredible success!

    It’s not about money it’s about votes. Why would people argue not to protect our border?
    Running a popular right wing movement on behalf of a bunch of plutocrats is no easy thing. You've got to use everything you've got whether it's furriners, abortion, god gays and guns and whatever else in order to get enough votes so you can then rob and loot the country while tossing enough red meat at these idiots to keep them distracted while you get on with the looting.
    In the US we call it bread and circus

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,582
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    OUT: Banning Private Schools

    IN: Banning Packed Lunches!

    Should pupils be banned from bringing a packed lunch and be forced to have school dinners
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...nches-18844589
    University lecturer Amy, mum to Rosie, 15, and 11-year-old Tommy says: “I confess – I have struggled to get my kids to eat a range of foods.

    “They do eat fruit and veg every day but it’s nearly always the same round of carrots, frozen peas and apple slices.

    "The day I found out baked beans counted as one of your five-a-day was one of the happiest of my parenting life.

    “I really have tried but it is dispiriting to spend an hour cooking vegetable rissoles only to have your customers fall off their chairs and weep on the floor.

    “I’m a busy working mum: I don’t have time to waste and I don’t want to throw away food.

    "The result is the tiny number of meals that fit into the Venn diagram of healthy, quick, cheap and which both kids will eat.

    "Lunchboxes end up being a sandwich, or crackers and soft cheese, raisins or apple slices again, plus a biscuit or treat.

    "There’s nothing wrong with it, but it’s not teaching a love of variety either.

    "Children learn to try new things when they see their friends eating them. If they don’t like it, they can pick at the fruit and no-one has to get upset.

    “But there’s one important catch: in Italy a teacher sits on every table and eats the same food as the kids.

    "That’s the guarantee of quality. If it’s not good enough for the staff, it’s not good enough for the pupils.”

    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,151
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    A couple things...

    Illegals aren't helping unions either comrade

    TAXATION is the issue with illegals. Less owners, less property taxes, more people, more people who don't even speak English, more gangs, those things mean worse schools.
    Illegal immigrants weren't hurting unions in the fifties either when five percent growth and the lowest unemployment rate in history encouraged huge numbers of them over the southern border. Illegal immigration has zero effect on unions Lyle. What does have an effect on unions is decades of Republican anti-union legislation backed up by anti-union conservative judges. The GOP even appoint union busting lawyers who've spent their career working for big business against unions as Secretary of Labor! As usual you're fed a load of bullshit about immigration and you swallow the whole thing. Meanwhile the judges Trump appoints and the people like Scalia he appoints further damage the ability of labour to command a decent share of the rapidly growing national income. And you vote for this.


    https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/trump-...or-department/


    Illegal immigrants all pay payroll taxes and a lot of them pay property taxes and other taxes. There's an easy way to make sure they all pay the taxes they're supposed to pay and that's have a system that allows enough immigration to allow the economy to grow correctly. But every attempt at immigration reform is blocked by the right who want an issue that can't be solved any other way left unsolved so they can have something to win votes with so they can keep electing judges and nominating cabinet members who make the top one percent richer.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,582
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Illegal immigrants weren't hurting unions in the fifties either when five percent growth and the lowest unemployment rate in history encouraged huge numbers of them over the southern border. Illegal immigration has zero effect on unions Lyle. What does have an effect on unions is decades of Republican anti-union legislation backed up by anti-union conservative judges. The GOP even appoint union busting lawyers who've spent their career working for big business against unions as Secretary of Labor! As usual you're fed a load of bullshit about immigration and you swallow the whole thing. Meanwhile the judges Trump appoints and the people like Scalia he appoints further damage the ability of labour to command a decent share of the rapidly growing national income. And you vote for this.


    https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/trump-...or-department/


    Illegal immigrants all pay payroll taxes and a lot of them pay property taxes and other taxes. There's an easy way to make sure they all pay the taxes they're supposed to pay and that's have a system that allows enough immigration to allow the economy to grow correctly. But every attempt at immigration reform is blocked by the right who want an issue that can't be solved any other way left unsolved so they can have something to win votes with so they can keep electing judges and nominating cabinet members who make the top one percent richer.
    American immigration prior to 1965's Hart-Celler Act was basically nil. Prior to that the United States had a quota system that limited legal entrance and allowed for full assimilation and things went along swimmingly.

    As for your "Illegal immigration not having any anti-Union impact" claim one Cesar Chavez would disagree...he and his United Farm Worker brethren would go to the border and beat the shit out of illegal immigrants to keep them from coming in a depreciating the wages of farm hands.

    I'm not a fan of Unions, Unions have deep ties to Communist/Socialist organizations and so naturally I don't trust them.


    Yeah sure Illegals pay payroll taxes .."a lot of them pay property taxes" oh do they now? "A lot" so then not all of them. We've got way too much immigration as it is. What we desperately need is cohesion, assimilation, and education all of which are undermined by massive immigration legal or otherwise.


    Regardless of what Trump does the 1% will be fine, the 1% will be fine even if there's a Communist in charge (well SOME of the 1% will be fine, if their politics are deemed acceptable). There's this thing called the Pareto Principle, perhaps you should take a gander at it. There's another thing called Supply and Demand....if the Supply of something is far greater than the demand, let's say something like oh I don't know unskilled labor, then the value of that thing....the unskilled labor in this case.....is not worth very much and that's minimum wage or no minimum wage.


    Workers should be paid a fair wage, this whole "there are jobs Americans won't do" is fucking horseshit! Americans I know are proud people and there's pride to be had in an honest day's work for honest wages.....hard to find honest wages when someone will do the work, get paid under the table and the AMERICAN citizen gets cut out of the deal. And yeah too many from BOTH parties look the other way on that in my opinion.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,151
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Illegal immigrants weren't hurting unions in the fifties either when five percent growth and the lowest unemployment rate in history encouraged huge numbers of them over the southern border. Illegal immigration has zero effect on unions Lyle. What does have an effect on unions is decades of Republican anti-union legislation backed up by anti-union conservative judges. The GOP even appoint union busting lawyers who've spent their career working for big business against unions as Secretary of Labor! As usual you're fed a load of bullshit about immigration and you swallow the whole thing. Meanwhile the judges Trump appoints and the people like Scalia he appoints further damage the ability of labour to command a decent share of the rapidly growing national income. And you vote for this.


    https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/trump-...or-department/


    Illegal immigrants all pay payroll taxes and a lot of them pay property taxes and other taxes. There's an easy way to make sure they all pay the taxes they're supposed to pay and that's have a system that allows enough immigration to allow the economy to grow correctly. But every attempt at immigration reform is blocked by the right who want an issue that can't be solved any other way left unsolved so they can have something to win votes with so they can keep electing judges and nominating cabinet members who make the top one percent richer.
    American immigration prior to 1965's Hart-Celler Act was basically nil. Prior to that the United States had a quota system that limited legal entrance and allowed for full assimilation and things went along swimmingly.

    As for your "Illegal immigration not having any anti-Union impact" claim one Cesar Chavez would disagree...he and his United Farm Worker brethren would go to the border and beat the shit out of illegal immigrants to keep them from coming in a depreciating the wages of farm hands.

    I'm not a fan of Unions, Unions have deep ties to Communist/Socialist organizations and so naturally I don't trust them.


    Yeah sure Illegals pay payroll taxes .."a lot of them pay property taxes" oh do they now? "A lot" so then not all of them. We've got way too much immigration as it is. What we desperately need is cohesion, assimilation, and education all of which are undermined by massive immigration legal or otherwise.


    Regardless of what Trump does the 1% will be fine, the 1% will be fine even if there's a Communist in charge (well SOME of the 1% will be fine, if their politics are deemed acceptable). There's this thing called the Pareto Principle, perhaps you should take a gander at it. There's another thing called Supply and Demand....if the Supply of something is far greater than the demand, let's say something like oh I don't know unskilled labor, then the value of that thing....the unskilled labor in this case.....is not worth very much and that's minimum wage or no minimum wage.


    Workers should be paid a fair wage, this whole "there are jobs Americans won't do" is fucking horseshit! Americans I know are proud people and there's pride to be had in an honest day's work for honest wages.....hard to find honest wages when someone will do the work, get paid under the table and the AMERICAN citizen gets cut out of the deal. And yeah too many from BOTH parties look the other way on that in my opinion.
    Legal immigration up to 1965 was basically nil. Mass immigration over the southern border has been going on for over two centuries. Whether illegal immigrants or native born Americans were used as strike breakers back when the big agriculture firms were trying to stop Caesar Chavez getting decent pay and working conditions for agricultural workers doesn't make any difference.

    The rest of your post is just rambling nonsense. Unsurprisingly you have no idea what you're on about. Some facts for your little shelf Lyle. It's not like there are a finite number of jobs and somebody coming over the border taking a job means one job less for a native born American. One extra body in the country means increased demand for accomodation, food, clothes, entertainment and all the other things people buy. Every working person adds more to economic growth than they subtract.

    There are five million jobs destroyed every month in America. Five million people lose their job every month. There are 100 000 new entrants to the job market evey month, that's the balance bewtween people leaving school/college and retiring. The only way to create enough economic growth to produce five point one plus million jobs a month is to constantly increase the demand in the economy and the most effective way to do this in our modern economy is to let extra bodies in. Nothing anybody in Washington tries to do is ever going to alter that either. Mass immigration is a fact of life now.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,582
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Legal immigration up to 1965 was basically nil. Mass immigration over the southern border has been going on for over two centuries. Whether illegal immigrants or native born Americans were used as strike breakers back when the big agriculture firms were trying to stop Caesar Chavez getting decent pay and working conditions for agricultural workers doesn't make any difference.

    The rest of your post is just rambling nonsense. Unsurprisingly you have no idea what you're on about. Some facts for your little shelf Lyle. It's not like there are a finite number of jobs and somebody coming over the border taking a job means one job less for a native born American. One extra body in the country means increased demand for accomodation, food, clothes, entertainment and all the other things people buy. Every working person adds more to economic growth than they subtract.

    There are five million jobs destroyed every month in America. Five million people lose their job every month. There are 100 000 new entrants to the job market evey month, that's the balance bewtween people leaving school/college and retiring. The only way to create enough economic growth to produce five point one plus million jobs a month is to constantly increase the demand in the economy and the most effective way to do this in our modern economy is to let extra bodies in. Nothing anybody in Washington tries to do is ever going to alter that either. Mass immigration is a fact of life now.
    Native born Americans pay taxes, they have skin in the game, they care about America...Illegal Immigrants don't pay taxes (unless they're also practicing identity fraud with bogus SSN's).

    Finite or infinite the rules of supply and demand still apply as does the Pareto principle.

    An illegal taking a job, might not mean 1 less job for an American but it DOES mean lower pay for those workers. Illegals aren't due a minimum wage, most often they are paid cash which is then wired right back to Mexico....some boon to OUR American economy that is

    Mass immigration is globalist bullshit
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,193
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1025
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Legal immigration up to 1965 was basically nil. Mass immigration over the southern border has been going on for over two centuries. Whether illegal immigrants or native born Americans were used as strike breakers back when the big agriculture firms were trying to stop Caesar Chavez getting decent pay and working conditions for agricultural workers doesn't make any difference.

    The rest of your post is just rambling nonsense. Unsurprisingly you have no idea what you're on about. Some facts for your little shelf Lyle. It's not like there are a finite number of jobs and somebody coming over the border taking a job means one job less for a native born American. One extra body in the country means increased demand for accomodation, food, clothes, entertainment and all the other things people buy. Every working person adds more to economic growth than they subtract.

    There are five million jobs destroyed every month in America. Five million people lose their job every month. There are 100 000 new entrants to the job market evey month, that's the balance bewtween people leaving school/college and retiring. The only way to create enough economic growth to produce five point one plus million jobs a month is to constantly increase the demand in the economy and the most effective way to do this in our modern economy is to let extra bodies in. Nothing anybody in Washington tries to do is ever going to alter that either. Mass immigration is a fact of life now.
    Native born Americans pay taxes, they have skin in the game, they care about America...Illegal Immigrants don't pay taxes (unless they're also practicing identity fraud with bogus SSN's).

    Finite or infinite the rules of supply and demand still apply as does the Pareto principle.

    An illegal taking a job, might not mean 1 less job for an American but it DOES mean lower pay for those workers. Illegals aren't due a minimum wage, most often they are paid cash which is then wired right back to Mexico....some boon to OUR American economy that is

    Mass immigration is globalist bullshit
    Trump is a Globalist you prune. He has always been a Globalist. Personal gain for him comes way before serving his country and he has you defending him for doing so He has always raised money from investors all over the world, used illegal immigrants as workers, and like all good Globalists avoided paying taxes within his own country when possible. He thinks nothing of ignoring American borders, or the best interests of America and calling on foreign interests to come to his aid.He is part of a Global group of corrupt anti-patriotic populists who are each keeping each other where they are. Look at him helping out corrupt fuckers like Netty In Israel and boasting of wanting to build Trump hotels in North Korea. How easy it is to fool people in plain sight.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,582
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should England ban private schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Trump is a Globalist you prune. He has always been a Globalist. Personal gain for him comes way before serving his country and he has you defending him for doing so He has always raised money from investors all over the world, used illegal immigrants as workers, and like all good Globalists avoided paying taxes within his own country when possible. He thinks nothing of ignoring American borders, or the best interests of America and calling on foreign interests to come to his aid.He is part of a Global group of corrupt anti-patriotic populists who are each keeping each other where they are. Look at him helping out corrupt fuckers like Netty In Israel and boasting of wanting to build Trump hotels in North Korea. How easy it is to fool people in plain sight.
    You sure do call me a lot of names... unprovoked now as well.

    If you don't avoid paying taxes you're not a smart person. Avoiding taxes is LEGAL it's EVASION that's trouble.

    How exactly am I "anti-patriotic"?

    Also notice... I've called you 0 names in response.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Should Boxing be taught in schools?
    By THE THIRD MAN in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 02:44 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing