Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 80

Thread: Not GGG bashing but...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,084
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    432
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is like watching Hagler at the tail end of his career. That bit older, slower and vulnerable waiting for a young gun to finally beat him.

    Golovkin crushed all his main challengers but did not have that classic rivalry or career defining fight.

    The Canelo contests were ruined and as a result do not count.
    Ffs! Stop posting like a 10 year old. Of course they fucking count! Both fights were close, so even if you think GGG won, they’re not exactly a robbery either way.
    I don’t know what the fuss is all about, I genuinely thought the 1st fight was a draw, and I genuinely thought Canelo one the 2nd. But I totally see how people might have had it different.
    There have been way worse decisions. Come on, I’m not a fan of Canelo , and until GGG started whoring himself out to Canelo like a little bitch, I was a fan of his. But you have to see it as it is.

    Some of us think GGG should've won both fights, so go figure. Canelo wasn't going to lose a decision in Vegas... and anyone who thinks otherwise probably still believes in the stork.

    This time around GGG was the bigger name, so he probably got a little bit of a consolation gift decision.

    The bigger name gets the nod. And there ain't no bigger name in Vegas than Canelo.
    Like I said, I get that, and although I don’t agree, I wouldn’t argue massively against it. There wasn’t a lot in it.
    But my point is, you know you’re not gonna get a decision in Vegas against Canelo after the first fight.
    So why bother chasing a rematch unless you’re gonna go in hard looking for a KO?
    GGG looked less likely to KO Canelo in the 2nd fight than he did in the 1st. So why bother?
    The object of professional boxing is to earn as much money as possible and he would earn in one defence against Canelo the same as if he had in 10 defences. I am sure he would have loved to tell Canelo and Oscar where to go but the economics of it meant he had to wait and take the rematch.

    Just like Hagler did with Leonard.
    Unsurprisingly I don’t see it like that. When Oscar was doing all his “A side,Diva stuff” , I GGG had carried on as he was and creating his own legacy, GBP were running out of opponents for the Caneloweight title, and credibility was running low.
    They should’ve made Oscar boil in his own piss by ignoring him and they would’ve had nowhere to go.
    Instead he became Oscar’s bitch.
    You stop posting like a 3 year old girl who believes in fairies and unicorns. Are you seriously telling me that GGG should turn away career high paydays? There are you tubers boxing on ppv who are absolutely rubbish at the sport and BJS is on the undercard, the boxing world is crazy. GGG did the right thing just admit it.
    Now now, stop using my lines. Just because I said you were posting like a 10 year old!
    GGG’s stock was rising. If he’d have beaten Jacobs, then BJS, then maybe Charlo, and possibly gone up for a SMW title , he would’ve turned the tables.
    Whereas Canelo was running out of guys who were prepared to boil down to Caneloweight. He was becoming a joke figure. But Oscar timed it to perfection, getting GGG just as he was getting over the hill.
    And GGG Knew this was the case, and that is why he held out for the cash cow.
    I mean, come on, your opponent fails a drug test, you’ve got the chance to throw him under a bus, but no, you put your career on hold and wait until he’s ready. Dear oh dear.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,838
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3151
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is like watching Hagler at the tail end of his career. That bit older, slower and vulnerable waiting for a young gun to finally beat him.

    Golovkin crushed all his main challengers but did not have that classic rivalry or career defining fight.

    The Canelo contests were ruined and as a result do not count.
    Ffs! Stop posting like a 10 year old. Of course they fucking count! Both fights were close, so even if you think GGG won, they’re not exactly a robbery either way.
    I don’t know what the fuss is all about, I genuinely thought the 1st fight was a draw, and I genuinely thought Canelo one the 2nd. But I totally see how people might have had it different.
    There have been way worse decisions. Come on, I’m not a fan of Canelo , and until GGG started whoring himself out to Canelo like a little bitch, I was a fan of his. But you have to see it as it is.

    Some of us think GGG should've won both fights, so go figure. Canelo wasn't going to lose a decision in Vegas... and anyone who thinks otherwise probably still believes in the stork.

    This time around GGG was the bigger name, so he probably got a little bit of a consolation gift decision.

    The bigger name gets the nod. And there ain't no bigger name in Vegas than Canelo.
    Like I said, I get that, and although I don’t agree, I wouldn’t argue massively against it. There wasn’t a lot in it.
    But my point is, you know you’re not gonna get a decision in Vegas against Canelo after the first fight.
    So why bother chasing a rematch unless you’re gonna go in hard looking for a KO?
    GGG looked less likely to KO Canelo in the 2nd fight than he did in the 1st. So why bother?
    The object of professional boxing is to earn as much money as possible and he would earn in one defence against Canelo the same as if he had in 10 defences. I am sure he would have loved to tell Canelo and Oscar where to go but the economics of it meant he had to wait and take the rematch.

    Just like Hagler did with Leonard.
    Unsurprisingly I don’t see it like that. When Oscar was doing all his “A side,Diva stuff” , I GGG had carried on as he was and creating his own legacy, GBP were running out of opponents for the Caneloweight title, and credibility was running low.
    They should’ve made Oscar boil in his own piss by ignoring him and they would’ve had nowhere to go.
    Instead he became Oscar’s bitch.
    You stop posting like a 3 year old girl who believes in fairies and unicorns. Are you seriously telling me that GGG should turn away career high paydays? There are you tubers boxing on ppv who are absolutely rubbish at the sport and BJS is on the undercard, the boxing world is crazy. GGG did the right thing just admit it.
    Now now, stop using my lines. Just because I said you were posting like a 10 year old!
    GGG’s stock was rising. If he’d have beaten Jacobs, then BJS, then maybe Charlo, and possibly gone up for a SMW title , he would’ve turned the tables.
    Whereas Canelo was running out of guys who were prepared to boil down to Caneloweight. He was becoming a joke figure. But Oscar timed it to perfection, getting GGG just as he was getting over the hill.
    And GGG Knew this was the case, and that is why he held out for the cash cow.
    I mean, come on, your opponent fails a drug test, you’ve got the chance to throw him under a bus, but no, you put your career on hold and wait until he’s ready. Dear oh dear.
    Precisely. It is not as though Golovkin was struggling for cash after the first Canelo fight anyway. I disagree that the goal is money and only money. I believe integrity also plays a role in those with a conscience. Golovkin sold out in that regard.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,535
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1644
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    I'm gonna start practicing, since Beanz is probably too busy with his business to come across the pond and tour in the States.

    Let's see...........



    "Hey how you guys doin' tonight? Fine looking crowd we got here. Everyone ready for some good laughs tonight?!?

    Alright.... I'll start you off with one of my favorites. A priest and a rabbi walk into a bar. Who's there to greet them, but me and the MASSIVELY UNDERRATED Canelo Alvarez................"






  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,967
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2825
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Canelo is already a great and currently P4P top five with just about every reputable historian/publication/"expert" and genuine boxing fan on the planet. Why? These people are judging him purely on his boxing career, with a neutral mind and without outside influences. He's beat/fought more top names than anyone apart from Manny. Fact.

    However, Beanz is right, if you read forums like this you'd think he was a useless hype job. Why? Simply the fact most fans can't separate their emotion and bias when assessing fighters.
    Which is exactly why he is overrated by the media. Every cash cow will be overrated because money talks. You are just like everybody else who gets caught up in official decisions. Can you imagine if some of his decisions went the other way officially? Even if nothing changed about the fights. He just lost. I guarantee that you wouldn’t be saying he was a top 5 p4p guy. It’s only because he officially won these fights that he is rated as highly as he is.

    I guarantee you that if he weren’t a cash cow, he wouldn’t be rated anywhere near as high as he is now. As I said about GGG, Canelo hasn’t clearly beaten anybody good except for finally Jacobs. Before that, every decision against a good opponent was controversial. That doesn’t show me an elite fighter. That shows me a really good fighter.
    If decisions went against him my opinion would hardly be much different, in fact he wouldn't be so hated, would he? The reason he rates so high is the standard of his opposition and the fact he's proved he can consistently compete with world-class fighters and all styles. I believe Golovkin beat him twice, however, my regard for Canelo GREW with each contest. Lara fight proved he can hold his own against a world-class slickster.

    I'm not arrogant enough to disregard the opinions of those who differ.

    The difference between a "W" and "L" alters the perception, however, there's a world of difference between an outright "robbery" and a fight which can go either way. The ONLY man to convincingly beat Canelo is Floyd (a legend). Any fan who thinks a loss to a legend can be used as a stick to beat is a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever.

    You set the bar far to high (the same for Golovkin), I don't view boxing like you, anyone who proves they can beat world-class opposition and hang with great fighters is elite. The very fact you say "he hasn't clearly beat anyone good apart from Jacobs," says it all. Canelo's 2nd and 3rd tier opposition is packed with "champions," former "champions" and world-rated fighters. All different styles.

    I don't need excuses or outside influences to form my opinion, it's not media hype or cash cow favouritism, his record speaks for itself.
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-09-2019 at 07:18 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,535
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1644
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    I must say..... I've seen people contradict themselves from one post to the next. Hell..... I've even done it myself. But I don't believe I've EVER seen anyone contradict themselves from one sentence to the next.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm not arrogant enough to disregard the opinions of those who differ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Any fan who thinks a loss to a legend can be used as a stick to beat is a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever.

    Still..... it's good to know that one can be a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever, and yet not have their opinion disregarded.



    Let's reexamine the point about the Floyd-Canelo humiliating shutout fight one more time, for the benefit of those who STILL haven't understood the point.


    The fact that you GET a fight with Floyd Mayweather, in and of itself, should not be used as a measure of your greatness. If you clamored long and hard enough.... and were granted a fight with Floyd.... and got summarily and predictably shut out and embarrassed.... you haven't proven a DAMN THING, other than you should have never gotten that fight in the first place. It happened to Hatton..... it happened to Canelo. Both had fan bases that DEMANDED a fight vs. Floyd as proof of their stupid and ridiculous p4p claims. What happened? The inevitable. At least Hatton can say he landed a few on Floyd before getting knocked out. Canelo can't even claim as much. Most of his punches missed by FEET.

    Who has earned shots at Mayweather and fought competitive fights? Maidana, Cotto, Judah, Mosley, DLH. Hell..... even the MEGA showdown with Pacquiao, although hugely disappointing, was LIGHT-YEARS more competitive than the Canelo fiasco. Floyd Mayweather showed exactly how HUGE the chasm was between himself and Canelo. All Canelo did was show up and flail around for 12 rounds. Could've been 112 rounds.... Canelo would STILL be trying to touch him. AGAIN I mention that other fiasco, where Canelo knocked out a man half his size (and a weak chin to boot), Amir Khan. I suppose you give him all sorts of credit for that one too. And yet WE'RE the clowns. Priceless.

    Tell you what. I gave you and Beanie 8 good reasons why Canelo is overrated. How about you coming up with ONE legitimate reason as to why you think he's (cough) underrated. Or better yet........ MASSIVELY underrated... LOL.

    Before you attempt that ill-fated task, I'll kindly put the definition of "underrated" on here so you and your buddy can understand why you're wrong.

    "underrated - underestimate the extent, value, or importance of (someone or something)"



    Now..... is anybody here, including myself, underestimating Canelo's value or importance to boxing?? I'd say hell no. How about that? In fact, we all here recognize Canelo's value and importance to boxing more than you know. That is precisely the fact. Some of us here are all too aware of Canelo's importance to boxing. Unfortunately the dog and pony show which Canelo's entire career since Day One has worked to perfection. From the early coddling, record-padding years... to his carefully groomed status as a star (remember.... stardom and greatness are not one and the same).

    Underrated? I think not.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Canelo is already a great and currently P4P top five with just about every reputable historian/publication/"expert" and genuine boxing fan on the planet. Why? These people are judging him purely on his boxing career, with a neutral mind and without outside influences. He's beat/fought more top names than anyone apart from Manny. Fact.

    However, Beanz is right, if you read forums like this you'd think he was a useless hype job. Why? Simply the fact most fans can't separate their emotion and bias when assessing fighters.
    Which is exactly why he is overrated by the media. Every cash cow will be overrated because money talks. You are just like everybody else who gets caught up in official decisions. Can you imagine if some of his decisions went the other way officially? Even if nothing changed about the fights. He just lost. I guarantee that you wouldn’t be saying he was a top 5 p4p guy. It’s only because he officially won these fights that he is rated as highly as he is.

    I guarantee you that if he weren’t a cash cow, he wouldn’t be rated anywhere near as high as he is now. As I said about GGG, Canelo hasn’t clearly beaten anybody good except for finally Jacobs. Before that, every decision against a good opponent was controversial. That doesn’t show me an elite fighter. That shows me a really good fighter.
    If decisions went against him my opinion would hardly be much different, in fact he wouldn't be so hated, would he? The reason he rates so high is the standard of his opposition and the fact he's proved he can consistently compete with world-class fighters and all styles. I believe Golovkin beat him twice, however, my regard for Canelo GREW with each contest. Lara fight proved he can hold his own against a world-class slickster.

    I'm not arrogant enough to disregard the opinions of those who differ.

    The difference between a "W" and "L" alters the perception, however, there's a world of difference between an outright "robbery" and a fight which can go either way. The ONLY man to convincingly beat Canelo is Floyd (a legend). Any fan who thinks a loss to a legend can be used as a stick to beat is a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever.

    You set the bar far to high (the same for Golovkin), I don't view boxing like you, anyone who proves they can beat world-class opposition and hang with great fighters is elite. The very fact you say "he hasn't clearly beat anyone good apart from Jacobs," says it all. Canelo's 2nd and 3rd tier opposition is packed with "champions," former "champions" and world-rated fighters. All different styles.

    I don't need excuses or outside influences to form my opinion, it's not media hype or cash cow favouritism, his record speaks for itself.
    So elite to you just means any fighter who is good? I guess I will have to remember that next time when I’m using that term. What term should we use to distinguish between Mayweather and Canelo if not using the terms elite and great? Or do you make no distinction?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,967
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2825
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I must say..... I've seen people contradict themselves from one post to the next. Hell..... I've even done it myself. But I don't believe I've EVER seen anyone contradict themselves from one sentence to the next.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm not arrogant enough to disregard the opinions of those who differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Any fan who thinks a loss to a legend can be used as a stick to beat is a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever.
    Still..... it's good to know that one can be a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever, and yet not have their opinion disregarded.
    There's zero contradiction.

    1. The first quote refers to reputable historians/publications/"experts" and boxing fans who believe Canelo beat Golovkin. I didn't, but enough unbiased judges and rational minded fans did, therefore I respect their opinion.

    2. The second quote needs zero explanation.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,206
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    24
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I must say..... I've seen people contradict themselves from one post to the next. Hell..... I've even done it myself. But I don't believe I've EVER seen anyone contradict themselves from one sentence to the next.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm not arrogant enough to disregard the opinions of those who differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Any fan who thinks a loss to a legend can be used as a stick to beat is a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever.
    Still..... it's good to know that one can be a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever, and yet not have their opinion disregarded.
    There's zero contradiction.

    1. The first quote refers to reputable historians/publications/"experts" and boxing fans who believe Canelo beat Golovkin. I didn't, but enough unbiased judges and rational minded fans did, therefore I respect their opinion.

    2. The second quote needs zero explanation.
    Oh shit 😲 no offense, actually it's a compliment.... fuck me but you just did exactly what I praised Beanz for! You integrated different posts and constructed a sound argument! Well done.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I must say..... I've seen people contradict themselves from one post to the next. Hell..... I've even done it myself. But I don't believe I've EVER seen anyone contradict themselves from one sentence to the next.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm not arrogant enough to disregard the opinions of those who differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Any fan who thinks a loss to a legend can be used as a stick to beat is a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever.
    Still..... it's good to know that one can be a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever, and yet not have their opinion disregarded.
    There's zero contradiction.

    1. The first quote refers to reputable historians/publications/"experts" and boxing fans who believe Canelo beat Golovkin. I didn't, but enough unbiased judges and rational minded fans did, therefore I respect their opinion.

    2. The second quote needs zero explanation.
    I feel like then you are admitting that you are arrogant enough to disregard differing opinions. It’s alright to disregard others’ opinions if you feel like they are biased or uneducated. I definitely listen to everybody’s opinions, but there are times when said person has no idea what they are talking about, therefore, I don’t take them seriously.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,535
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1644
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    This all started with Beanz calling Canelo "massively underrated."

    As I've clearly stated, the definition of underrate is "underestimate the extent, value, or importance of (someone or something)".

    To my knowledge, no one here is underestimating the value or importance of Canelo to boxing today. To do so would be ludicrous.

    My own personal opinion is that if anything, Canelo is overrated. I gave several reasons as to why I believe that. I am not alone in my thinking.

    Canelo's loss to Floyd has been used by both camps as an arguing point to back up their claims. My own opinion is that getting a fight is not the same as belonging in a fight or subsequently performing competitively in a fight.

    I've never hidden my dislike for Canelo, although at the same time I make it clear that I was a huge fan of MAB, JMM, and Finito Lopez. Fighters who, in my estimation, earned every accolade they received while boxing.

    Beyond that, anything else would just be repeating myself... and I don't like to do that too much.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,967
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2825
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Canelo is already a great and currently P4P top five with just about every reputable historian/publication/"expert" and genuine boxing fan on the planet. Why? These people are judging him purely on his boxing career, with a neutral mind and without outside influences. He's beat/fought more top names than anyone apart from Manny. Fact.

    However, Beanz is right, if you read forums like this you'd think he was a useless hype job. Why? Simply the fact most fans can't separate their emotion and bias when assessing fighters.
    Which is exactly why he is overrated by the media. Every cash cow will be overrated because money talks. You are just like everybody else who gets caught up in official decisions. Can you imagine if some of his decisions went the other way officially? Even if nothing changed about the fights. He just lost. I guarantee that you wouldn’t be saying he was a top 5 p4p guy. It’s only because he officially won these fights that he is rated as highly as he is.

    I guarantee you that if he weren’t a cash cow, he wouldn’t be rated anywhere near as high as he is now. As I said about GGG, Canelo hasn’t clearly beaten anybody good except for finally Jacobs. Before that, every decision against a good opponent was controversial. That doesn’t show me an elite fighter. That shows me a really good fighter.
    If decisions went against him my opinion would hardly be much different, in fact he wouldn't be so hated, would he? The reason he rates so high is the standard of his opposition and the fact he's proved he can consistently compete with world-class fighters and all styles. I believe Golovkin beat him twice, however, my regard for Canelo GREW with each contest. Lara fight proved he can hold his own against a world-class slickster.

    I'm not arrogant enough to disregard the opinions of those who differ.

    The difference between a "W" and "L" alters the perception, however, there's a world of difference between an outright "robbery" and a fight which can go either way. The ONLY man to convincingly beat Canelo is Floyd (a legend). Any fan who thinks a loss to a legend can be used as a stick to beat is a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever.

    You set the bar far to high (the same for Golovkin), I don't view boxing like you, anyone who proves they can beat world-class opposition and hang with great fighters is elite. The very fact you say "he hasn't clearly beat anyone good apart from Jacobs," says it all. Canelo's 2nd and 3rd tier opposition is packed with "champions," former "champions" and world-rated fighters. All different styles.

    I don't need excuses or outside influences to form my opinion, it's not media hype or cash cow favouritism, his record speaks for itself.
    So elite to you just means any fighter who is good? I guess I will have to remember that next time when I’m using that term. What term should we use to distinguish between Mayweather and Canelo if not using the terms elite and great? Or do you make no distinction?
    Semantics... I knew this was where we were heading, been through it a million times.

    Floyd can sit alongside Leonard, Duran, Ali

    Canelo will "currently" sit with Oscar, BHOP, Chavez

    They're all great fighters but there's a distinctive difference between the first and second group.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,206
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    24
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Canelo is what he is. Ginger Boy, cute, talented, sturdy as hell, good pop, apparently good chin, lost to GGG, lost to Floyd, schooled by Khan, mehhhhh...... He's not the best.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Canelo is already a great and currently P4P top five with just about every reputable historian/publication/"expert" and genuine boxing fan on the planet. Why? These people are judging him purely on his boxing career, with a neutral mind and without outside influences. He's beat/fought more top names than anyone apart from Manny. Fact.

    However, Beanz is right, if you read forums like this you'd think he was a useless hype job. Why? Simply the fact most fans can't separate their emotion and bias when assessing fighters.
    Which is exactly why he is overrated by the media. Every cash cow will be overrated because money talks. You are just like everybody else who gets caught up in official decisions. Can you imagine if some of his decisions went the other way officially? Even if nothing changed about the fights. He just lost. I guarantee that you wouldn’t be saying he was a top 5 p4p guy. It’s only because he officially won these fights that he is rated as highly as he is.

    I guarantee you that if he weren’t a cash cow, he wouldn’t be rated anywhere near as high as he is now. As I said about GGG, Canelo hasn’t clearly beaten anybody good except for finally Jacobs. Before that, every decision against a good opponent was controversial. That doesn’t show me an elite fighter. That shows me a really good fighter.
    If decisions went against him my opinion would hardly be much different, in fact he wouldn't be so hated, would he? The reason he rates so high is the standard of his opposition and the fact he's proved he can consistently compete with world-class fighters and all styles. I believe Golovkin beat him twice, however, my regard for Canelo GREW with each contest. Lara fight proved he can hold his own against a world-class slickster.

    I'm not arrogant enough to disregard the opinions of those who differ.

    The difference between a "W" and "L" alters the perception, however, there's a world of difference between an outright "robbery" and a fight which can go either way. The ONLY man to convincingly beat Canelo is Floyd (a legend). Any fan who thinks a loss to a legend can be used as a stick to beat is a clown and deserve no respect whatsoever.

    You set the bar far to high (the same for Golovkin), I don't view boxing like you, anyone who proves they can beat world-class opposition and hang with great fighters is elite. The very fact you say "he hasn't clearly beat anyone good apart from Jacobs," says it all. Canelo's 2nd and 3rd tier opposition is packed with "champions," former "champions" and world-rated fighters. All different styles.

    I don't need excuses or outside influences to form my opinion, it's not media hype or cash cow favouritism, his record speaks for itself.
    So elite to you just means any fighter who is good? I guess I will have to remember that next time when I’m using that term. What term should we use to distinguish between Mayweather and Canelo if not using the terms elite and great? Or do you make no distinction?
    Semantics... I knew this was where we were heading, been through it a million times.

    Floyd can sit alongside Leonard, Duran, Ali

    Canelo will "currently" sit with Oscar, BHOP, Chavez

    They're all great fighters but there's a distinctive difference between the first and second group.
    I agree that it is semantics but these are important distinctions. That’s the point of the post. To show that GGG is great, but isn’t on the same tier as elite fighters.

    And you put Canelo on the same tier as Bhop, Oscar, and Chavez? Jeez. No wonder why you think that everybody underrates him. I think you far and away overrate him with that. If he were on their tier, I would say he should be a consensus #1 p4p right now.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,535
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1644
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    He didn't say "which" Chavez.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    He didn't say "which" Chavez.
    Ha

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Brits in for a bashing!
    By jmbtandy in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
  2. Why is there still alot of Cotto bashing & hate????
    By NorthSideX4 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
  3. Foreman bashing Floyd Mayweather Sr...
    By Beanflicker in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:51 AM
  4. I'm not bashing Ricky Hatton but......
    By NorthSideX4 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 07:15 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing