428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Hold up! What! What's happening? Why you getting annoyed, I haven't moved goal posts, I explained we're getting caught on semantics/interpretations.

I didn't even know it was a competition, I merely offered some thoughts and observations.

Blimey
    It’s not a competition. Like I said before, you are like those sports analysts who love to disagree to get ratings. That’s why I stopped watching them. It’s not interesting if I know they don’t believe what they are saying. I’m not angry just bored and know that you will never change your opinion with good solid evidence. Again, it’s not just this situation but what I have seen of you over a long period of time.
    Opinions aren't evidence. And i've been polite saying we're struggling with interpretation, you ignore my points then tell me what I really think. I have no idea what your problem is.

Canelo has beaten over a dozen world-class fighters, all styles, champions, former champions, HOF fighters. I do not respect fans who strip fighters records down putting a negative spin on everything. It is childish. I have only stated Canelo is underrated by many fans, however, already noted it depends on where the bar is set. I don't believe fighters like Rocky Fielding and Alfonso Gomez are crap, scrubbs, bums, I respect them. The very fact fighters like Canelo can wipe the floor with them is because he's LEVELS above - elite!!!

Floyd?
    Cotto?
    Mosley?
    Golovkin?
    Jacobs?
    Lara?
    Trout?
    Khan?
    Vazquez?
    Lopez?
    Smith?
    Angulo?
    Kirkland?
    Chavez Jr?
    Cintron?
    Rhodes?
    N'Dou?
    Baldomir?

Yeah, yeah, there's excuses for all his wins. They were past their best, robbed, "bums," catchweight, blah, blah, blah. Smoke and mirrors. If any fighter in the world went 9 wins / 9 losses with that opposition I'd give them big praise let alone 17 wins/1 loss/1 draw.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t doubt that GGG is tough. There are fighters who look more impressive against lesser fighter than others. Especially when you have big power. You look dominant beating decent opponents. You look unbeatable. Then you step up and realize that once somebody can take your punch, you aren’t nearly as good as you looked. Fighters can adjust to you and beat you.

Again, I thought that GGG beat Canelo twice, but I feel that Canelo proved that GGG isn’t is as good as advertised. If GGG were the #1 p4p guy like a lot of people thought, he should have more clearly best Canelo who I believe is overrated. Especially being so great, he should have adjusted and beat him easier in the second fight. But it was the opposite.
    This is where it starts.

Claiming that GGG must have been overrated because he never clearly beat someone else you all think is overrated. Yet you all think he did in the first fight, like most fans (myself included) but the judges refused to admit that. Not knocking out Canelo now makes GGG overrated.

Ridiculous logic.

It stems from you guys refusal to rate Canelo realistically . Its not just you either, it is common across all boxing forums where he is underrated to the point that now you are all piling on, and dissing not only Golovkin, but the whole sport and other boxers with this daft "whoring himself out" "Canelo is his pimp" bullshit.

For all his faults Canelo is no Wilder. He has a solid CV and there is absolutely no shame in GGG choosing to rematch a guy, who many people, other than the judges, think he has beaten twice, for a huge payday.

Both GGG /Canelo fights proved that Canelo was indeed underrated to have made the contests so competitive. To not admit that is in fact, yet another way to bash GGG.

The guy can't win. He has fought Jacobs, Canelo, and now Derevyanchenko and not knocking them out or winning clearly on points has made him drop a level in your eyes. That is fine but is also evidence of you underrating Canelo and GGG, when a huge list of impressive stoppages by both are now repackaged as those opponents all being bums or overrated themselves. It's just not realistic and doesn't show any respect for the careers of all those fighters you are reducing to nobodies.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I don’t doubt that GGG is tough. There are fighters who look more impressive against lesser fighter than others. Especially when you have big power. You look dominant beating decent opponents. You look unbeatable. Then you step up and realize that once somebody can take your punch, you aren’t nearly as good as you looked. Fighters can adjust to you and beat you.

Again, I thought that GGG beat Canelo twice, but I feel that Canelo proved that GGG isn’t is as good as advertised. If GGG were the #1 p4p guy like a lot of people thought, he should have more clearly best Canelo who I believe is overrated. Especially being so great, he should have adjusted and beat him easier in the second fight. But it was the opposite.
    This is where it starts.

Claiming that GGG must have been overrated because he never clearly beat someone else you all think is overrated. Yet you all think he did in the first fight, like most fans (myself included) but the judges refused to admit that. Not knocking out Canelo now makes GGG overrated.

Ridiculous logic.

It stems from you guys refusal to rate Canelo realistically . Its not just you either, it is common across all boxing forums where he is underrated to the point that now you are all piling on, and dissing not only Golovkin, but the whole sport and other boxers with this daft "whoring himself out" "Canelo is his pimp" bullshit.

For all his faults Canelo is no Wilder. He has a solid CV and there is absolutely no shame in GGG choosing to rematch a guy, who many people, other than the judges, think he has beaten twice, for a huge payday.

Both GGG /Canelo fights proved that Canelo was indeed underrated to have made the contests so competitive. To not admit that is in fact, yet another way to bash GGG.

The guy can't win. He has fought Jacobs, Canelo, and now Derevyanchenko and not knocking them out or winning clearly on points has made him drop a level in your eyes. That is fine but is also evidence of you underrating Canelo and GGG, when a huge list of impressive stoppages by both are now repackaged as those opponents all being bums or overrated themselves. It's just not realistic and doesn't show any respect for the careers of all those fighters you are reducing to nobodies.
    I’m thinking you didn’t understand my original point. I said that GGG was a very good fighter. The point I’ve been making is that there are levels to this. Fenster tried to compare Canelo to people like De la Hoya and Bhop. Even comparing GGG to them is far fetched. Both are la Hoya and Bhop have clearly beaten some great fighters and made them look like amateurs.

The best fighters that GGG has faced were Canelo, Jacobs, and Derevyanchenko. Jacobs and Derevyanchenko both had very good cases to have won the fights. He beat Canelo fairly clearly the first time (about as clearly as I thought Derevyanchenko beat GGG) and beat him in a close fight the next time IMO at least. He has some other good opponents on his hit list, but as I said before, some styles just look better against weaker opposition than others.

So GGG is a great fighter, but he proved to me that any time he stepped up, he couldn’t fully deliver. He is good enough to beat top fighters, but not good enough to prove that he is a level above them. So that’s my point. There are levels to this. GGG I thought before was on a higher tier, but I realized that at this point of his career, he has never proven to be able to get to that next level.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

This is where it starts.

Ridiculous logic.

Golovkin isn't overrated. Golovkin changed his whole career over Canelo. Big difference. Golovkin clearly got shafted in his first fight with Canelo. In their second fight, GGG used a stupid tactic in trying to outbox Canelo, instead of pressing forward and pressuring him. He got shafted in that one also. Since then, he's been fixated on Canelo and pretty much ignored everyone else, drawing the well-deserved criticism of the fans.

Canelo has two things going for him. A good beard... plus Vegas judges and a whole boxing org in his pocket. Other than that he's overrated.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Triple G is at the end of his career and not the champion he was when he was knocking out world class fighters a couple of years ago. So he has even greater reason to call out Canelo, now that he has a title, and get another pay day but I hope he does challenge and beat the young guns who have belts to prove his quality.

How can GGG beat Canelo when he knows he will not get a decision? All out attack? I do not think he has the stamina now at his age and Canelo has a good chin. Comprehensively outboxing Canelo? Same thing, I do not think GGG has it in him. The only guarantee is that he will be paid very well which is a nice consolation.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information