Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Not GGG bashing but...

I thought that GGG was a great fighter in his prime. Don’t get me wrong. As most of us understand though, he didn’t fight the best competition (not necessarily blaming it on him. The division was pretty weak). Every time that he stepped up, it was a struggle. He beat Jacobs and Derevyanchenko I’m very close controversial fights and beat Canelo twice in semi close fights (I thought he won).

Looking at his career, I think that he has proven to be a great fighter, but not an elite level fighter. By the end of his career, he proved to struggle with higher level fighters. He also started avoiding certain fighters once the division became strong finally.

This isn’t to bash GGG at all. I just think that at this point, seeing his whole career in front of me, that he was a great fighter who was probably a bit overrated.

No disagreeing with me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Not GGG bashing but...

I disagree

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is like watching Hagler at the tail end of his career. That bit older, slower and vulnerable waiting for a young gun to finally beat him.

Golovkin crushed all his main challengers but did not have that classic rivalry or career defining fight.

The Canelo contests were ruined and as a result do not count.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is like watching Hagler at the tail end of his career. That bit older, slower and vulnerable waiting for a young gun to finally beat him.

Golovkin crushed all his main challengers but did not have that classic rivalry or career defining fight.

Ffs! Stop posting like a 10 year old. Of course they fucking count! Both fights were close, so even if you think GGG won, they’re not exactly a robbery either way.
    I don’t know what the fuss is all about, I genuinely thought the 1st fight was a draw, and I genuinely thought Canelo one the 2nd. But I totally see how people might have had it different.
    There have been way worse decisions. Come on, I’m not a fan of Canelo , and until GGG started whoring himself out to Canelo like a little bitch, I was a fan of his. But you have to see it as it is.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Ffs! Stop posting like a 10 year old. Of course they fucking count! Both fights were close, so even if you think GGG won, they’re not exactly a robbery either way.
    I don’t know what the fuss is all about, I genuinely thought the 1st fight was a draw, and I genuinely thought Canelo one the 2nd. But I totally see how people might have had it different.
    There have been way worse decisions. Come on, I’m not a fan of Canelo , and until GGG started whoring himself out to Canelo like a little bitch, I was a fan of his. But you have to see it as it is.

Some of us think GGG should've won both fights, so go figure. Canelo wasn't going to lose a decision in Vegas... and anyone who thinks otherwise probably still believes in the stork.

This time around GGG was the bigger name, so he probably got a little bit of a consolation gift decision.

The bigger name gets the nod. And there ain't no bigger name in Vegas than Canelo.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Some of us think GGG should've won both fights, so go figure. Canelo wasn't going to lose a decision in Vegas... and anyone who thinks otherwise probably still believes in the stork.

This time around GGG was the bigger name, so he probably got a little bit of a consolation gift decision.

The bigger name gets the nod. And there ain't no bigger name in Vegas than Canelo.
    Whichever way we had it I think we can all agree Canelo is his pimp. And GGG has yet to turn off the red light.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Like I said, I get that, and although I don’t agree, I wouldn’t argue massively against it. There wasn’t a lot in it.
    But my point is, you know you’re not gonna get a decision in Vegas against Canelo after the first fight.
    So why bother chasing a rematch unless you’re gonna go in hard looking for a KO?
    GGG looked less likely to KO Canelo in the 2nd fight than he did in the 1st. So why bother?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last night and even the Jacobs very narrow win just leveled out much of the controversy from the Canelo 'losses'. The coals have cooled. I like Golovkin and think he was a great fighter and pleasure to watch but I never liked his path of following along in tow to Canelo, the layoff and the bee bopping along with set up farces like Rolls did him no favors. It almost feels that the only intent of Oscar and company was the old saying keep your enemies closest. Dangle a carrot here and there claim he brings nothing but 'we'll see' all the while jumping up two divisions. Doesn't take away from Golovkin once again showing big brass last night and fact he faced a few top guys but he looked worked over and vulnerable early and never really rebounded.

Thread Information