Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury wants to be a Wrassler

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    https://www.boxingnews24.com/2019/10...ng-says-hearn/

"Tyson Fury has lost interest in boxing says Hearn"

People in boxing, especially the HW division, are generally full of shit and 50% of what they say is nonsense, but..... this isn't so far fetched.

One question though. Isn't Fury signed to a 5-fight deal with ESPN? I realize contracts in boxing aren't worth the paper they're printed on, but so far from a 5-fight deal, Tyson has delivered future HOF'ers Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin.

Maybe that 12th round knockdown from Wilder has given Fury new career options.

ESPN execs must be pretty joyful with all this WWE crap and budding singing career.
    Fury is all over the place. I don’t think that he can mentally focus enough on one thing. I doubt he will just quit boxing before getting a massive payday to fight Wilder, but WWE is giving him a ton of money too. He will just follow the money.

Then again, if Wilder were to somehow "trip up" on the way to a Fury rematch while Fury was prancing around with the wrestlers and the singers .... I doubt Tyson would shed a tear over the lost opportunity.... and his "aww, too bad" would have an undertone of massive relief.
    A lot of people are making out that Fury has had some sort of “reality check” after that 12th round knockdown and is somewhat “edgy” about rematching Wilder.
    Let’s not forget that Fury won 8,9, maybe 10 out of 12 rounds. I think if anything, he was annoyed he got caught. And when he got up, he was probably the better fighter for the rest of the round. Certainly not shell shocked.
    Besides all that, Wilder , despite having a fight with Ortiz in front of him, was talking about paying Fury step aside money so he could fight Joshua (despite the fact that Joshua doesn’t currently have any belts. )
    Maybe Fury is just thinking “fuck you, I’ll do whatever I fucking want to do!”
    Please don’t think these are the rantings of a Fury nut hugger, because I’m a Million miles from that.

Nah, I know you're not a Fury nut hugger. Just a Wilder hater.

I don't know, I just think Fury has been pretty indefensible based on just about everything he's done after Wilder. For someone who was supposedly not phased by that knockdown (or the other one), he's certainly looked everywhere BUT in Wilder's direction. Multi-million contracts with ESPN...... bum-of-the-month club in his next two fights..... and now stints in wrestling and in singing. Hey..... we get it. He feels he doesn't need Wilder and that's fine. It's too bad he seems to talk out of both sides of his mouth, though. Just come clean and say you're avoiding the man.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has avoided EVERYONE despite having plenty of potential credible challengers for years like a cynophobe at Crufts.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't waste your breath. I was Wilder's harshest critic since Day One.

When Wilder was doing nothing but beating up on bums, I was there front and center calling him out for it.

Things have changed now..... and I continue calling a spade a spade.

Wilder hit Fury harder than he'd ever been hit before. Fury made a lot of noise about wanting a rematch..... and now has done everything except running for Prime Minister in order to avoid Wilder.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't waste your breath. I was Wilder's harshest critic since Day One.

When Wilder was doing nothing but beating up on bums, I was there front and center calling him out for it.

Things have changed now..... and I continue calling a spade a spade.

Wilder hit Fury harder than he'd ever been hit before. Fury made a lot of noise about wanting a rematch..... and now has done everything except running for Prime Minister in order to avoid Wilder.
    Disagree, Fury had this fat contract from ESPN where he could fight Wilder on the 3rd fight so that is what he is planning. He fought 2 relatively easier fights, got some rounds in and would have fought Wilder earlier if not for the cut on his 3rd fight. Now that he is cut he is getting extra exposure and money doing his WWE stint.

Wilder, in the meantime, is not waiting and taking on Ortiz (who I assume is his mandatory but even if he is not) who was more than competitive to demand a rematch.

Fury was hit hard and knocked down but still got up and out boxed Wilder after really being ring rusty. This time he is in a better place and should win more convincingly although I thought he did that already and was blatantly robbed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People in boxing, especially the HW division, are generally full of shit and 50% of what they say is nonsense, but..... this isn't so far fetched.

One question though. Isn't Fury signed to a 5-fight deal with ESPN? I realize contracts in boxing aren't worth the paper they're printed on, but so far from a 5-fight deal, Tyson has delivered future HOF'ers Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin.

ESPN execs must be pretty joyful with all this WWE crap and budding singing career.
    Fury is all over the place. I don’t think that he can mentally focus enough on one thing. I doubt he will just quit boxing before getting a massive payday to fight Wilder, but WWE is giving him a ton of money too. He will just follow the money.

Then again, if Wilder were to somehow "trip up" on the way to a Fury rematch while Fury was prancing around with the wrestlers and the singers .... I doubt Tyson would shed a tear over the lost opportunity.... and his "aww, too bad" would have an undertone of massive relief.
    A lot of people are making out that Fury has had some sort of “reality check” after that 12th round knockdown and is somewhat “edgy” about rematching Wilder.
    Let’s not forget that Fury won 8,9, maybe 10 out of 12 rounds. I think if anything, he was annoyed he got caught. And when he got up, he was probably the better fighter for the rest of the round. Certainly not shell shocked.
    Besides all that, Wilder , despite having a fight with Ortiz in front of him, was talking about paying Fury step aside money so he could fight Joshua (despite the fact that Joshua doesn’t currently have any belts. )
    Please don’t think these are the rantings of a Fury nut hugger, because I’m a Million miles from that.

I don't know, I just think Fury has been pretty indefensible based on just about everything he's done after Wilder. For someone who was supposedly not phased by that knockdown (or the other one), he's certainly looked everywhere BUT in Wilder's direction. Multi-million contracts with ESPN...... bum-of-the-month club in his next two fights..... and now stints in wrestling and in singing. Hey..... we get it. He feels he doesn't need Wilder and that's fine. It's too bad he seems to talk out of both sides of his mouth, though. Just come clean and say you're avoiding the man.
    Hate is a pretty strong word, but yeah I think he’s a Wanker, and I don’t think he’s a particularly good Boxer. I’ll give you that.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hate is a pretty strong word, but yeah I think he’s a Wanker, and I don’t think he’s a particularly good Boxer. I’ll give you that.

If by wanker you mean someone who has said he wants a body on his record....... I'll second the motion.

Not a particularly good boxer? Guilty as charged.

However...... I'll defend the fact that he's upped his game somewhat. No longer is he lining his "W-L" with less than stellar opposition (to the say the least).

I'll go a bit further. If Wilder-Fury II never happens..... I'm gonna blame Fury a hell of a lot more than I will Wilder.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post Re: Tyson Fury wants to be a Wrassler

If by wanker you mean someone who has said he wants a body on his record....... I'll second the motion.

However...... I'll defend the fact that he's upped his game somewhat. No longer is he lining his "W-L" with less than stellar opposition (to the say the least).

I'll go a bit further. If Wilder-Fury II never happens..... I'm gonna blame Fury a hell of a lot more than I will Wilder.
    Exactly that. And other stupid nonsense he has come out with.

Yep.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that fraud Conor Wassname can make a 'comeback' to the ridiculous UFC and make million dollar purses, and Tyson can make $12m from Wrassling, who's the mug? If the moneys coming easy for showbiz events then why not have it? Could well see more boxers doing it, no hassle from the Arums, Kings, Warrens and Hearns of this world. 3 fights a year no problem.

Thread Information