Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2019/10...ng-says-hearn/

"Tyson Fury has lost interest in boxing says Hearn"

People in boxing, especially the HW division, are generally full of shit and 50% of what they say is nonsense, but..... this isn't so far fetched.

One question though. Isn't Fury signed to a 5-fight deal with ESPN? I realize contracts in boxing aren't worth the paper they're printed on, but so far from a 5-fight deal, Tyson has delivered future HOF'ers Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin.

Maybe that 12th round knockdown from Wilder has given Fury new career options.

ESPN execs must be pretty joyful with all this WWE crap and budding singing career.
Fury is all over the place. I don’t think that he can mentally focus enough on one thing. I doubt he will just quit boxing before getting a massive payday to fight Wilder, but WWE is giving him a ton of money too. He will just follow the money.

Then again, if Wilder were to somehow "trip up" on the way to a Fury rematch while Fury was prancing around with the wrestlers and the singers .... I doubt Tyson would shed a tear over the lost opportunity.... and his "aww, too bad" would have an undertone of massive relief.
A lot of people are making out that Fury has had some sort of “reality check” after that 12th round knockdown and is somewhat “edgy” about rematching Wilder.
Let’s not forget that Fury won 8,9, maybe 10 out of 12 rounds. I think if anything, he was annoyed he got caught. And when he got up, he was probably the better fighter for the rest of the round. Certainly not shell shocked.
Besides all that, Wilder , despite having a fight with Ortiz in front of him, was talking about paying Fury step aside money so he could fight Joshua (despite the fact that Joshua doesn’t currently have any belts. )
Maybe Fury is just thinking “fuck you, I’ll do whatever I fucking want to do!”
Please don’t think these are the rantings of a Fury nut hugger, because I’m a Million miles from that.

Nah, I know you're not a Fury nut hugger. Just a Wilder hater.

I don't know, I just think Fury has been pretty indefensible based on just about everything he's done after Wilder. For someone who was supposedly not phased by that knockdown (or the other one), he's certainly looked everywhere BUT in Wilder's direction. Multi-million contracts with ESPN...... bum-of-the-month club in his next two fights..... and now stints in wrestling and in singing. Hey..... we get it. He feels he doesn't need Wilder and that's fine. It's too bad he seems to talk out of both sides of his mouth, though. Just come clean and say you're avoiding the man.