Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chisora v Price

No idea what you lot are thinking, I can't see Price making it past six, however, he's 60/1 RD 1 and 28/1 RDS 1-2. Worth some shrapnel in case he comes out drunk or drugged of his nut
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It wouldn't shock me completely if Price did manage to pole axe him early, but I agree that's his chance. He has the punch, must have a huge reach advantage and Chisora is not hard to find at range. The problem is when it becomes any kind of a fight there is only one guy who wants any of it. Maybe Price knows all this and really goes last chance saloon though, those odds on the first couple of rounds seem far more worth a crack than the overall.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be funny if Price chins Chis witha hail Mary right hand , then he gets a world title shot as and easy option.
    Then pulls out another hail mary and gets the belts .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Be funny if Price chins Chis witha hail Mary right hand , then he gets a world title shot as and easy option.
    Then pulls out another hail mary and gets the belts .
    It would be brilliant. Ruiz though would be his worst nightmare and I don't think he would cope with Joshua either. Be very funny to see him spark Wilder or Fury though. Especially Tyson after the gay plumber jibes (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    No idea what you lot are thinking, I can't see Price making it past six, however, he's 60/1 RD 1 and 28/1 RDS 1-2. Worth some shrapnel in case he comes out drunk or drugged of his nut
    I did say "hope".
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To think David Price dined out for years on him dropping Joshua (then an inexperienced and novice amateur as if it actually meant something)

I hope Price hangs them up now. I’m not going to hate on him though. I’ve actually met him more than a few times. He's a nice guy. I’m not sure where he can go from here. I’ve got a feeling he’ll carry on but he'll turn into an Audley Harrison, one of them “name fighters” who good rising fighters like to KO to have on his name on their CV

Price is just one of them fighters that run out gas more easily than most others. He was gulping air from as early as the 2nd and you can gas even if you've trained really well. Nervous energy; A lot of fighters (i.e. Jermain Taylor) were physically well conditioned but he had sh*t stamina because he was so tense when he fought, which diminished his conditioning. This is why James Toney for years would show up to fights with a huge gut and not tire nearly as badly as someone like Taylor, because he was so relaxed in the ring.

It can also be genetic. Some guys can look like Wlad but can’t run more then 3km others can look like Butterbean and run miles non-stop.

Price was just missing some of the key so called 'intangibles' in order to make his professional career a success. He doesn't have the confidence, stamina or composure (especially under pressure) to make it to the upper echelons of the sport.

And there's no shame in that

He has had a good career but just fell short at the very top level.

He's still a British & Commonwealth pro champion and an Olympic Bronze medallist. That's a hell of a career by anyone's standards. Enjoy your (I hope) retirement.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    To think David Price dined out for years on him dropping Joshua (then an inexperienced and novice amateur as if it actually meant something)

I hope Price hangs them up now. I’m not going to hate on him though. I’ve actually met him more than a few times. He's a nice guy. I’m not sure where he can go from here. I’ve got a feeling he’ll carry on but he'll turn into an Audley Harrison, one of them “name fighters” who good rising fighters like to KO to have on his name on their CV

Price is just one of them fighters that run out gas more easily than most others. He was gulping air from as early as the 2nd and you can gas even if you've trained really well. Nervous energy; A lot of fighters (i.e. Jermain Taylor) were physically well conditioned but he had sh*t stamina because he was so tense when he fought, which diminished his conditioning. This is why James Toney for years would show up to fights with a huge gut and not tire nearly as badly as someone like Taylor, because he was so relaxed in the ring.

It can also be genetic. Some guys can look like Wlad but can’t run more then 3km others can look like Butterbean and run miles non-stop.

Price was just missing some of the key so called 'intangibles' in order to make his professional career a success. He doesn't have the confidence, stamina or composure (especially under pressure) to make it to the upper echelons of the sport.

He's still a British & Commonwealth pro champion and an Olympic Bronze medallist. That's a hell of a career by anyone's standards. Enjoy your (I hope) retirement.
    Should have quit after Povetkin nearly decapitated him.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post

Unfortunately I think your just about right.

Thread Information