Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence

Watched this about 100 times, still can't believe it. He must have been shot out the motor before this roll, right?

Check 1.15, a car flys by without stopping, like they were chasing him or something

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's definitely lost his no claims bonus.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weird thing for me is that I was at work when I had a notification pop up on my phone telling me about this, at the time I was viewing dashcam footage in which the police were chasing our insured.

Our insureds vehicle rolled, he was thrown from the car and died instantly.

Spence is a fucking lucky lad.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THe thing I'm noticing and maybe the worrying thing is that there has been no official statement from his family or his team.

That's a never a good sign. All were hearing is secondary sources.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did not having a seat belt on save him?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think blind luck saved him. Or if there is a higher power picking and choosing who lives and dies then Errol is on his/her/it’s good side.

Really happy for him and his family

El Kabong Guest

Boxing is a risky business and there's a bit of a thrill seeking adrenaline junkie part to the sport....that said there have been PLENTY of boxers ruined by their love of fast cars and motorcycles

There's the wreck....very lucky to be alive.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So not a huge surprise but he was drunk at the time of the crash. I’m a huge fan of Spence in the ring, but driving drunk is absolutely garbage. It puts innocent peoples lives in danger. I really hope that he can learn from this and get help.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    So not a huge surprise but he was drunk at the time of the crash. I’m a huge fan of Spence in the ring, but driving drunk is absolutely garbage. It puts innocent peoples lives in danger. I really hope that he can learn from this and get help.
    Damn shame when Patrick Day dies in the ring giving his all and Spence survives his own reckless behavior almost unscathed.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Damn shame when Patrick Day dies in the ring giving his all and Spence survives his own reckless behavior almost unscathed.

It IS kind of ironic, isn't it. Spence at the very least should face the same penalties that would be levied on any citizen who recklessly endangers other human lives by driving drunk and flipping his car over multiple times.
    Imagine that car goes careening into a crowd of people.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty stupid thing to do and if Porter wasn't a wake up call this has to be. Lucky he didn't kill somebody and hope he doesn't have a bigger problem when the lights fade and the cameras go away. Screw your head on straight champ.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Pretty stupid thing to do and if Porter wasn't a wake up call this has to be. Lucky he didn't kill somebody and hope he doesn't have a bigger problem when the lights fade and the cameras go away. Screw your head on straight champ.
    You have all the talent in the world, but every fighter starts to lose it if they can’t control their appetites.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr. 'feels good' after car crash, eyes 2020 return

Errol Spence Jr., in his first public comments since a serious car accident in October, said that he feels good and is eyeing a return next year.

Spence, the IBF-WBC welterweight champion, lost control of his Ferrari on Oct. 10 in Dallas and the car rolled over several times. He was charged with driving while intoxicated and was not wearing a seatbelt. Despite that, he survived the incident with just minor injuries and no broken bones.

The 29-year-old said he could not comment on specifics due to the pending case, but called his fortune a “miracle from God.”

“Anybody else probably would have been killed,” Spence said on the Fox telecast during the Jermell Charlo-Tony Harrison card in Ontario, California on Saturday.

Spence said he has already been cleared to train and plans to be back in the ring next May or June. He said that doctors performed “all types of scans” on him and considered it a miracle.

“I can't explain it,” Spence said. “All I got to do is thank God that I'm here. I'm healthy, I can touch my kids and kiss them and I'm here with my mother and my father and I can give the fans what they've been wanting. They've been wanting me to come back and I'll definitely put on a great show when I do come back. The second time around I'm not gonna take anything for granted."

Spence ready for immediate challenger
    Spence’s last fight was on Sept. 28, when he defeated Shawn Porter in a thriller to claim the WBC welterweight title, adding it to his IBF championship. He is an undefeated 26-0 in his career.

Spence claimed to be rejuvenated, and wants to jump right back into the ring against a top fighter such as Manny Pacquiao or Danny Garcia.

"I'm the top dog of the division," Spence said. "I am the king of the welterweight division. Those guys wish I wasn't back so fast but I am back and I want to fight the top names in the division.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/err...050441508.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched his interview the other day. If you hadn't heard him speak before the injury you could easily say he seems like he hasn't recovered, but it also hasn't been very long at all since the accident, if he makes steady progress who knows. Would be quite a story if he doesn't take a tune up and really does go on to beat a top opponent next. Whether that's wise to attempt I would think definitely not, but what do I know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No calling out Crawford of course. Would he ever do that?

Thread Information