Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Errol Spence

He is apparently in intensive care, in serious condition, after rolling his Ferrari.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Sources tell CBS 11 News the driver of a Ferrari who was seriously injured in a rollover crash in Dallas is local boxing sensation Errol Spence Jr.
    The crash happened just after 3 a.m. on Riverfront Boulevard near I-30 near downtown and involved one vehicle.

According to police, the vehicle was going at a high rate of speed in the northbound lanes in the 500 block of S. Riverfront Boulevard. The vehicle went over the center median and flipped multiple times, ejecting the driver. Police say he was not wearing a seatbelt.
    Police say the driver was taken to the hospital in serious condition and is expected to survive. He remains in the intensive care unit.
    His identity was not officially released but sources close to Spence confirmed he was involved in the crash.
    Police are continuing to investigate what exactly caused the crash.

Spence, a welterweight champion from DeSoto, is currently 26-0 in his professional career and his latest match was against Shawn Porter on Sept. 28.

The local boxer made his professional debut in November 2012. He won the IBF welterweight title in May 2017 and has defended it since.
    Spence defended his welterweight title twice in front of the local crowds at The Star in Frisco on June 16, 2018 against Carlos Ocampo and at AT&T Stadium in Arlington on Mar. 16, 2019 against Mikey Garcia.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/10/10/boxer-errol-spence-jr-seriously-injured-rollover-crash-dallas/
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The car looks totalled, but they are saying being thrown free of it may well have saved him being killed outright. Not sure how they come to that conclusion although the roof does seem to have gone.

Puts things into perspective a bit. Hope the fella pulls thru, he has been a breath of fresh air for boxing.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s hope he’s okay.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crazy. We have no idea the extent of his injuries. There have been no reports about it possibly being fatal so I’m assuming that we are just waiting to hear how bad it is.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Crazy. We have no idea the extent of his injuries. There have been no reports about it possibly being fatal so I’m assuming that we are just waiting to hear how bad it is.
    Heard on radio he is in intensive care, so must be serious.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From what I've read he'll be OK. Whether he boxes again ? I don't know. Whether he even wants to box again ? i don't know

But presuming he survives then maybe Spence can be the new Kanye.

It was this car accident in 2002 that inspired Kayne's first song and major hit in 2003 "Through The Wire". It's likely without the car accident Kayne wouldn't have went on to become what he has become.

But if Spence can't continue his career, then hopefully he's done well with the money he's made and can manage it.

The first chance he can walk, he better go to church and thank God he’s alive and I MEAN that because for some reason he never wore a seat-belt and that saved him. He was traveling close to 200 mph in that Ferrari and was ejected b4 the car rolled over 5 times, had he not been ejected ? Would he have survived ?

Happen. Not. Gonna.

Ferrari's and most high power cars can flip or go out of control over a little pot hole.

Paul Williams, Diego Corrales (RIP) and Salvador Sanchez (RIP) must be thinking

And this is why you don’t marinate fights. You never know what might happen inside or outside the ring. It wouldn't surprise me if Arum is trying to put together Spence/Crawford now.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 10-10-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxer Errol Spence in ICU after Ferrari crash in Dallas

Welterweight boxing champion Errol Spence crashed a speeding Ferrari in Dallas early Thursday and was badly injured but is expected to survive, police said.

The crash happened just before 3 a.m., when Spence’s Ferrari crossed a median into oncoming traffic and flipped over several times, police said.

Spence was taken to a hospital, where he was placed in the intensive care unit. Police said they’re still investigating the cause of the crash, but they noted that the Ferrari was speeding at the time.

Last month, the former U.S. Olympian added the WBC welterweight title to his IBF strap with a thrilling split-decision victory over Shawn Porter in Los Angeles.

With his rangy athleticism and virtuosic skill, Spence (26-0) has captured fans with a series of crisp victories in recent years. He won the IBF title in 2017 by stopping Kell Brook in England, and he defended it three times, culminating in a one-sided thrashing of undersized Mikey Garcia in March.

His bout with the veteran brawler Porter (30-3-1) was Spence’s biggest test yet, and he emerged victorious from a fight that featured several wild exchanges of punches and had the Staples Center crowd of 16,702 on its feet throughout the 12th round, roaring for both fighters when they embraced after the final bell.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/boxer-er...151351861.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad to hear that, and I hope he makes a full recovery. He was very fortunate to have survived that horrible accident.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems amazing he would survive at all being thrown from a car that ended up looking like that, never mind making a full recovery.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw the crash, ugly, damn shame. Hope he ends up healthy to raise his daughters

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw something that said he didn’t break any bones. That would be very nice if true

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw something that said he didn’t break any bones. That would be very nice if true
    I saw the same thing. Only lacerations to his face. How bad ass is that!?!? He’s like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. Ejected at 200mph n all he got were some scratches on his face. Let’s see Crawford match that....!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I saw the same thing. Only lacerations to his face. How bad ass is that!?!? He’s like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. Ejected at 200mph n all he got were some scratches on his face. Let’s see Crawford match that....!!!
    He could be back sooner rather than later. Who knows?

I mean Willie Pep got into a plane crash and he fought for years afterwards

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crash looked pretty brutal glad he got out without a single broken bone . Man really needs to count his blessings and hope he makes a complete recovery.

Thread Information