Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo blatantly ducking Andrade

So Canelo said today that he won’t fight Andrade because he’s too boring. In other words, he won’t fight how I want him to so I’m going to avoid him.

I know that Canelo supporters will say that he shouldn’t fight him and blah blah blah, but I’ve said for a while now that Andrade is the hardest match up at middleweight for him. It just furthers my point that he picks and chooses who he fights. He fights who he matches up best style wise. He also said that he doesn’t know what weight he will fight after Kovalev. In other words, he wants to have a wide variety of options so that he can pick and choose whoever he matches up best against.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo blatantly ducking Andrade

He should give up his last belt at 160. GGG has one, Charlo has one, Andrade has one, let them get to fighting. Or Charlo and Andrade can fight while GGG fights Kamil f’n Szeremeta

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    So Canelo said today that he won’t fight Andrade because he’s too boring. In other words, he won’t fight how I want him to so I’m going to avoid him.

I know that Canelo supporters will say that he shouldn’t fight him and blah blah blah, but I’ve said for a while now that Andrade is the hardest match up at middleweight for him. It just furthers my point that he picks and chooses who he fights. He fights who he matches up best style wise. He also said that he doesn’t know what weight he will fight after Kovalev. In other words, he wants to have a wide variety of options so that he can pick and choose whoever he matches up best against.

I will attempt to predict Canelo's next opponent after Kovalev.

Ok... he obviously will not stay at 175. Nothing there for him, and Canelo knows he'd get his ass kicked. So what's there at 168? Hmm... Callum Smith and David Benavidez are two of the title holders. But they're not the Bambi champions that Fielding was. No way in hell Canelo gets anywhere near them. Besides, they're both under 30. Could be trouble. There's Caleb Plant over in the IBF..... hey... he's got a trinket. Might look over in that direction. How about at middleweight? He could always go for the GGG trilogy. He'll probably knock him out this time, and GGG would deserve it.... the whore. Charlo is out of the question, and Canelo has already discarded Andrade.

Team Canelo has their work cut out for them after Kovalev. At some point, they're going to have to face young, equally big, powerful challengers.

So maybe Canelo will take a stab at Caleb, or else give GGG a third fight. But if they decide Caleb poses too much of a risk, maybe they can offer ridiculous terms... claim Caleb ducked him.... and go for the safe GGG option.

This picking and choosing shit is hard work.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being honest I always got the feeling Hearn and Co are keeping Andrade around with trinket in tow as a bit of a filler. He's a sound capable boxer but truthfully what has he done at 160. That said I'm no fan of our lil Howdy Doody and this whole bouncing around, clean your division out. I don't think he'd have a problem getting Andrade in trouble as it goes but as been shown before he's had his freckles boxed well by guys who like to paint.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Ok... he obviously will not stay at 175. Nothing there for him, and Canelo knows he'd get his ass kicked. So what's there at 168? Hmm... Callum Smith and David Benavidez are two of the title holders. But they're not the Bambi champions that Fielding was. No way in hell Canelo gets anywhere near them. Besides, they're both under 30. Could be trouble. There's Caleb Plant over in the IBF..... hey... he's got a trinket. Might look over in that direction. How about at middleweight? He could always go for the GGG trilogy. He'll probably knock him out this time, and GGG would deserve it.... the whore. Charlo is out of the question, and Canelo has already discarded Andrade.

Team Canelo has their work cut out for them after Kovalev. At some point, they're going to have to face young, equally big, powerful challengers.

So maybe Canelo will take a stab at Caleb, or else give GGG a third fight. But if they decide Caleb poses too much of a risk, maybe they can offer ridiculous terms... claim Caleb ducked him.... and go for the safe GGG option.

You are losing all perspective. Hating Canelo so much that now you are calling Golovkin a "whore" and saying he deserves to be knocked out by Ginger Nuts while at the same time dissing Canelo for fighting Kovalev. What if it was GGG fighting Kov? All of a sudden that would be hailed as a potential classic.

You are right about picking and choosing, many boxing fans show little consistency. GGG is now being ripped on for suggestions he might fight his mandatory as though that is a cop out after his last fight.

Crumbs cheif what'll we do now? (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    He should give up his last belt at 160. GGG has one, Charlo has one, Andrade has one, let them get to fighting. Or Charlo and Andrade can fight while GGG fights Kamil f’n Szeremeta
    That makes sense, let these guys unify and force a fight with Canelo. That is the only way the new champions are going to get a fight with Saul now that he is jumping around weight picking and choosing who he fights next.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

You are losing all perspective. Hating Canelo so much that now you are calling Golovkin a "whore" and saying he deserves to be knocked out by Ginger Nuts while at the same time dissing Canelo for fighting Kovalev. What if it was GGG fighting Kov? All of a sudden that would be hailed as a potential classic.

You are right about picking and choosing, many boxing fans show little consistency. GGG is now being ripped on for suggestions he might fight his mandatory as though that is a cop out after his last fight.

Crumbs cheif what'll we do now? (:

What part of Golovkin criticism do you not understand? I was a big GGG fan at one point. I still think he's a fun fighter to watch, simply because of his style.
    However, unlike you and your buddy, I reserve and exercise the right to change my opinion about a boxer as his actions might dictate.

Everyone but Canelo nuthuggers can clearly see how GGG went from being the premier middleweight who took on all comers.... to one who's only interested in Canelo, avoiding all the other obvious challenges staring him right in the face. THIS, after being clearly shafted by Vegas judges not once, but TWICE ("fool me once...."). Golovkin knows (or should know) by now he's NOT going to get a decision against Canelo.... and he sure as hell isn't going to knock him out. So what's with this groveling over a 3rd Canelo fight? He's cashing out, pure and simple. And I'M the one losing all perspective?

Like I said, everyone but Canelo nuthuggers know the above to be a fact. But I correct myself. You're not a Canelo nuthugger any more than your buddy is.
    You're both merely contrarians, who revel in going against popular opinion, especially when that opinion is shared by those with whom you love to disagree with.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The golovkin alvarez fights were actually really good, in terms of watching enjoyment it's a good fight, hopefully next instead of golovkin ageing more. Ignoring all the nonsense the second was just really good to watch.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is my problem with these kinds of things. You say that you aren’t going to fight Andrade because he’s boring and his supporters state that Andrade doesn’t deserve the fight. The issue is, how many people usually deserve the fight with a p4p fighter? I would say moreso than not the p4p fighter is fighting someone who doesn’t really deserve to get a shot.

Everybody who doesn’t lie to themselves knows that it just means that I am expected to beat you but you are too much of a threat. If Canelo beats Andrade, he’s afraid he wouldn’t get recognition, but if he loses, it will put a dent in his career

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the last two years hes fought GGG twice, Jacobs, and now hes moving up two divisions to fight Kovalev... Why are we talking about who he is ducking when he has a major legit fight lined? Two years ago the narrative from you guys wouldve been that he wouldn't fight those guys in a million years, now that he has and is its about how he benefits from having the kind of backing every fighter on earth wants and none would dream of turning down. It seems to be at a point where just being impartial and stating the facts without caring about the guy personally is considered “nuthugging”... Quite odd.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    In the last two years hes fought GGG twice, Jacobs, and now hes moving up two divisions to fight Kovalev... Why are we talking about who he is ducking when he has a major legit fight lined? Two years ago the narrative from you guys wouldve been that he wouldn't fight those guys in a million years, now that he has and is its about how he benefits from having the kind of backing every fighter on earth wants and none would dream of turning down. It seems to be at a point where just being impartial and stating the facts without caring about the guy personally is considered “nuthugging”... Quite odd.
    I’ve explained this so many times. He does have a good resume, but as a cash cow, you get to pick and choose who you fight and at what time. You pick low risk high reward fights. Also, when judges are in your pocket, you have less to worry about.

Canelo is a good fighter, but I would far and away rather him clean out the middleweight division than to jump around weight classes so that he can pick and choose who he wants to face. That is the easier route. It’s much harder to clean out a division.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes cleaning out MW would be hard. But the idea moving from Jr MW champion to Lt. Hvw champion is easy is silly. Thinking Kovalev is a pushover is silly. Like P4P says, we said he wouldn’t fight GGG, he did, twice. We said he wouldn’t fight Jacobs, he did. We’re talking about what Canelo will do AFTER Kovalev as if he doesn’t have to fight Kovalev first. It doesn’t matter who he will fight in 2 fights until his next fight is done.

Let’s just call it like it is, African Americans are allowed to be ducked. GGG ducked his mandatory Charlo “we will never fight him” like he ducked Ward. Andrade has been refused by everyone. Crawford is our there begging for fights he’s far more than earned. Loma has already begun to swerve his mandatory Haney. It’s accepted in the sport. The hood wearers will say “who has he beat” or “it doesn’t pay to” then when they plan to fight someone else they don’t apply those same standards. I know I’m ahead of the horse on Haney but you already see Arum out there rallying the hood wearers. It’s coming. And it will be accepted.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes cleaning out MW would be hard. But the idea moving from Jr MW champion to Lt. Hvw champion is easy is silly. Thinking Kovalev is a pushover is silly. Like P4P says, we said he wouldn’t fight GGG, he did, twice. We said he wouldn’t fight Jacobs, he did. We’re talking about what Canelo will do AFTER Kovalev as if he doesn’t have to fight Kovalev first. It doesn’t matter who he will fight in 2 fights until his next fight is done.

Let’s just call it like it is, African Americans are allowed to be ducked. GGG ducked his mandatory Charlo “we will never fight him” like he ducked Ward. Andrade has been refused by everyone. Crawford is our there begging for fights he’s far more than earned. Loma has already begun to swerve his mandatory Haney. It’s accepted in the sport. The hood wearers will say “who has he beat” or “it doesn’t pay to” then when they plan to fight someone else they don’t apply those same standards. I know I’m ahead of the horse on Haney but you already see Arum out there rallying the hood wearers. It’s coming. And it will be accepted.
    Not saying it’s easy but saying he’s taking the the opportunistic route. Most people don’t get to do that. When you bring in the money though you get better opportunities. Most fighters don’t get to jump around and choose who they want to fight. Usually that is saved for superstars like Mayweather and Pacquiao who could do it. Canelo isn’t on their level. He is just the big Mexican star at the moment. I think that there are a handful of fighters who could be as successful, if not more, given the opportunities that he has had.

And I know you love your racist Schlick so I’ll just let you be on that one

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo can't make the 160 limit anymore. Too much roids in his system, bulked him up now he can't get back down.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo doing the decent thing and giving Hogan a shot.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information