Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usyk-vs-Ruiz-Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Whyte-Dust Cougher and everyone else. Who beats him?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Usyk-vs-Ruiz-Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Whyte-Dust Cougher and everyone else. Who beats him?

Usyk his team and Eddie were adamant his next fight is for the WBO title. There's zero chance the winner of Ruiz-Joshua will face him next, so that belt will be vacated. Looking at the WBO rankings Parker is next in line, which probably explains the "spider bite" pull out against Chisora, which will be a cracking matchup/test.

Anyway... who beats him?

Wilder can iron anyone he hits, however, the skill level is almost embarrassing, if he lands an atomic windmill good luck to him. I can't envisage Buster winning a round (punching with Usyk won't work and he'll never be in a position to land anything). Joshua? Power/size chance, however, if he doesn't win early his stamina will become a huge factor. Fury? That lot make him look like Sweet Pea, however, his own lack of power will be a factor and he'll hate being constantly peppered.

Thoughts?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Usyk-vs-Ruiz-Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Whyte-Dust Cougher and everyone else. Who beats h

I have not seen Usyk's fight last night but became a fan of his after watching him unifying the cruiserweight division and especially knocking out Bellew.

I think Usyk will be too small (weight, height and reach) to beat Fury, Joshua and even Wilder.

I think Usyk is skilled enough to beat Chisora, Ruiz, and maybe Parker but not to keep off Whyte who will lean all over him as he did when he beat Parker.

Parker should have taken on Chisora, he still had the quality to beat him and retain his wbo position.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Usyk-vs-Ruiz-Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Whyte-Dust Cougher and everyone else. Who beats h

Damn I find myself agreeing with Master.

Only seen him against Bellew and like what I see. Like him as a fighter too but the top 3 too big for me.

Would love to see him in with Chisora
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Only seen him against Bellew and like what I see. Like him as a fighter too but the top 3 too big for me.

Not trying to be that guy, but how can you agree with Master if you have only seen one of Usyk’s fights? That’s not really enough to have much of an opinion on the situation.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it was being outnof the ring for a fairly long time but after seeing yesterday I would raise the chances of usyk getting kod. He took a bit of a whack in the frrst round and his face was a bit bruised by the end. He'd make wilder look stupid obviously, Infact he'd make him look really stupid, small chance of wilder taking his head off though, I think usyk would be a lot more careful v wilder and give a lot of the early rounds away to tire out wilder then move in to stop him. I like wilder btw, fun guy. I think he'd beat ruiz with ease. I'd have usyk down to outpoint Joshua quite well but Joshua can switch into a monster when he decides to go for it(nearly worked v ruiz but we saw how that ended) and he's a big guy, I think I'd have that down as close to a fifty fifty fight.. I would think fury is just too tall, long and good at grappling for usyk and he'd wear him out, usyks slow starts would hinder his chances of a points win too.

Parker v usyk would be a very good fight next, no need for usyk to bugger around and parker is a big fellow and works hard but usyk is really great once he works the guy out, I think he'd have him in a fairly close on the scorecards but very clear points win. I hope that one is next.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Not trying to be that guy, but how can you agree with Master if you have only seen one of Usyk’s fights? That’s not really enough to have much of an opinion on the situation.
    Because I've seen him and don't think he's big enough physically against the more talented big guys. Anyone else below that I'd fancy his chances.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m sure we all knew someone would be out over his skis on this one. And we know why.

I’ve been bullish on Usyk since his amateur days. I’m sure Master can remember me telling him how wrong he was about a Usyk v Kovalev matchup and that eventually he’d see Usyk was better, far better.

But putting Usyk on top of the heavyweight division before he has done ANYTHING there is both predictable and absurd. Let the man fight a live body before handing him the division. I know that is not expected, but it should be.

Chazz Witherspoon was never a top heavyweight. And his best days were a decade ago. Let Usyk earn something, he’s capable.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For those that don’t keep up on the day to day, Wilder already made him an offer today. Usyk declined, didn’t negotiate, didn’t say he wanted more money. He said he was going after the Ruiz/Joshua winner.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    For those that don’t keep up on the day to day, Wilder already made him an offer today. Usyk declined, didn’t negotiate, didn’t say he wanted more money. He said he was going after the Ruiz/Joshua winner.
    When would that fight even happen? He already has the fight lined up with Fury. And he is the mandatory for the winner of AJ/Ruiz so that seems like it would make much more sense.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good choice, guaranteed title fight or wait for some time to fight a fellow who is scheduling three fights ahead of himself and may not even be champion at the time. At least this usyk fellow has enough sense to work things out.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk looked underwhelming against old late replacement Chazz Witherspoon. He needs at least 1 or 2 more fights at heavyweight before he’s ready to take on the top 4 or 5 guys.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy is great. I loves him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Usyk looked underwhelming against old late replacement Chazz Witherspoon. He needs at least 1 or 2 more fights at heavyweight before he’s ready to take on the top 4 or 5 guys.
    Really? Underwhelming? I’m not saying that Witherspoon is a world beater but how much better was he supposed to look? He completely dominated.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The biggest risk to Usyk for me is Wilders power.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Link by any chance? As soon as I read this, I googled “Wilder calls out Usyk.” Not a thing. All that came up was a million pages AND VIDEOS of Usyk calling out Wilder! How very odd.
    I’m not saying you can’t come up with a link , maybe you can, but I find it hard to believe that:
    A. The Champion has to call out challengers.
    B. I find it difficult to believe that barely 36 hours after the fight, they’ve already discussed money.
    C. Wilder is supposed to be fighting Ortiz, then Fury, oh except he wants Fury to take step aside money so he can fight Joshua, who isn’t eve a current champ. Where does his “offer” to Usyk come in all this?
    D. Wilder talking about making offers, where have we seen that before? Oh yeah, when he “offered” Joshua $50 Million while he had a broken arm!
    I find it curious that you constantly criticise Russian Boxers almost to the point of Racism. You never have a good word to say about any of them.
    The only person you hate more than them ruskies is Eddie!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 10-14-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information