Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usyk-vs-Ruiz-Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Whyte-Dust Cougher and everyone else. Who beats him?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Usyk-vs-Ruiz-Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Whyte-Dust Cougher and everyone else. Who beats h

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    For those that don’t keep up on the day to day, Wilder already made him an offer today. Usyk declined, didn’t negotiate, didn’t say he wanted more money. He said he was going after the Ruiz/Joshua winner.
    Link by any chance? As soon as I read this, I googled “Wilder calls out Usyk.” Not a thing. All that came up was a million pages AND VIDEOS of Usyk calling out Wilder! How very odd.
    I’m not saying you can’t come up with a link , maybe you can, but I find it hard to believe that:
    A. The Champion has to call out challengers.
    B. I find it difficult to believe that barely 36 hours after the fight, they’ve already discussed money.
    C. Wilder is supposed to be fighting Ortiz, then Fury, oh except he wants Fury to take step aside money so he can fight Joshua, who isn’t eve a current champ. Where does his “offer” to Usyk come in all this?
    D. Wilder talking about making offers, where have we seen that before? Oh yeah, when he “offered” Joshua $50 Million while he had a broken arm!
    I find it curious that you constantly criticise Russian Boxers almost to the point of Racism. You never have a good word to say about any of them.
    The only person you hate more than them ruskies is Eddie!
    Ron can’t be racist! He fights against racism!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Usyk-vs-Ruiz-Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Whyte-Dust Cougher and everyone else. Who beats h

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    For those that don’t keep up on the day to day, Wilder already made him an offer today. Usyk declined, didn’t negotiate, didn’t say he wanted more money. He said he was going after the Ruiz/Joshua winner.
    Link by any chance? As soon as I read this, I googled “Wilder calls out Usyk.” Not a thing. All that came up was a million pages AND VIDEOS of Usyk calling out Wilder! How very odd.
    I’m not saying you can’t come up with a link , maybe you can, but I find it hard to believe that:
    A. The Champion has to call out challengers.
    B. I find it difficult to believe that barely 36 hours after the fight, they’ve already discussed money.
    C. Wilder is supposed to be fighting Ortiz, then Fury, oh except he wants Fury to take step aside money so he can fight Joshua, who isn’t eve a current champ. Where does his “offer” to Usyk come in all this?
    D. Wilder talking about making offers, where have we seen that before? Oh yeah, when he “offered” Joshua $50 Million while he had a broken arm!
    I find it curious that you constantly criticise Russian Boxers almost to the point of Racism. You never have a good word to say about any of them.
    The only person you hate more than them ruskies is Eddie!
    Ron told me to inform you that the thread is about who would beat Usyk.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't it look a little desperate for Wilder to be 'calling out' Usyk before the ring was even torn down for his debut match? All I've seen is Wilder saying he's to small. Seems like a tired slight on fighters who have already proven to be world class. Was interesting listening to the Dazn crew slam Usyk and a bit surprising. "It's not the performance he was hoping for" . Thought he looked very sound. Dominated and had fun with it. Just sounds whack hunting for faults on pre-perceptions. Age is his 500 gorilla in the room. I think he'll do very well but don't like the idea of him sitting on deck for a Ruiz or AJ right off. Especially with all three trinket wielders facing make or break fights next. Even Holyfield beat up some links and opponent comparisons before he was set to meet Tyson originally. He was also shorter and lighter than Usyk. Honestly until we see more I think he does best with Joshua. Ruiz and Wilder still have a fluidity and better mobility and faster hands compared. Wilder might just break both of his own little bird legs being feinted out of position though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get that jumping from cruiserweight to HW can be a big jump, but when else do you see someone so dominate in a weight class move up just for everyone to say that they won’t be able to compete?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I get that jumping from cruiserweight to HW can be a big jump, but when else do you see someone so dominate in a weight class move up just for everyone to say that they won’t be able to compete?
    I am sure Holyfield was regarded as too small and light to compete at the heavyweight division. The early Evander used that to his advantage. He used his speed and work rate to beat the top contenders in the division.

I have a feeling that Usyk will take a less strenuous path to the title and will pick out lower level fighters for lower level world titles to get into position for literally the bigger fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information