Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Climate Change thread

In 70's, the great warning on all covers of national geographic and scientific American was "ice age alert! Coming ice age!" Temperatures were going down and we ere supposed to prefect prepare for certain disaster a freezing temperatures and coming ice age.

In 80's, trumpets work blown that we had 20 years left and that major cities would be under the water by 2000.

Earth is 4.5 billion years old God knows how many times the temperature went up and down and up and down and up and down stop. A really the hot and other periods of freezing cold.

Doesn't it seem presumable to blame the current one or two degrees of rise of temperature on human race?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Climate Change thread

I’m not against green tech. Solar, electric cars etc aren’t bad. I do believe we are having an effect on climate but no where close to what is reported. The Middle East was once full of water and trees, a paradise if you will. Then we had ice connecting Russia and the US. (This is by memory so I may be off) we have nothing on Mother Nature. I’m more concerned about how we poison everything, fish out the oceans dump plastic everywhere. I’m sure anyone has traveled has been to cities where the air is so bad your eyes burn. Happened to me in several Chinese cities. Then of course throwing of natures balance by killing of many animals once again led by China. So I gave up fishing to play my part.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PS I saw an electric car charger powered by a diesel motor on the news. Strange.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    PS I saw an electric car charger powered by a diesel motor on the news. Strange.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gretta was puppeteered by activists. She should have been in school like she said. Why do they need her to reveal or scold them adults at the UN? It's not like they diodn't know about the climate and what the situations are without HER. So why was the point of dragging her up there, crossing the sea with sailboat, and grimacing with phony and coached hate and scolding then saying "I shound't be here. I should be in school"? OK, then go away back to school. You are right. You SHOULdn't be there! What a photo-op propaganda piece for the mellow-drama activists. So unecessary and so cringeworthy. Go back to school. There is no climate emergency. Where is the emergency? The hurricanes in the Caribbean are because of the coal burning in China and India? well then TELL China and India! American and Europe have not anywhere near TO the pollution of those 2 giants factories, coal, etc.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Gretta was puppeteered by activists. She should have been in school like she said. Why do they need her to reveal or scold them adults at the UN? It's not like they diodn't know about the climate and what the situations are without HER. So why was the point of dragging her up there, crossing the sea with sailboat, and grimacing with phony and coached hate and scolding then saying "I shound't be here. I should be in school"? OK, then go away back to school. You are right. You SHOULdn't be there! What a photo-op propaganda piece for the mellow-drama activists. So unecessary and so cringeworthy. Go back to school. There is no climate emergency. Where is the emergency? The hurricanes in the Caribbean are because of the coal burning in China and India? well then TELL China and India! American and Europe have not anywhere near TO the pollution of those 2 giants factories, coal, etc.
    She is being used like a dead baby on a beach to build hysteria for a pet project.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are totally correct sir. Plus you have something important which is called humour and there is a lot of colour in your posting. You are always right in the centre of the bullseye

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"WE DO NOT NEED GRETA THORNBURG YELLING AT US!"

Thousands of Canadians rally against Greta thunberg.

EDMONTON, Alberta (Reuters) - Teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg's planned march in Canada's energy heartland of Alberta will face a counter-rally by a convoy of 4,500 oil and gas workers on Friday.

The truck convoy organised by pro-oil group United We Roll left the city of Red Deer on Friday morning, bound for Edmonton where the organisers plan to protest against outside interference.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Australia is burning. I don't want to seem like an alarmist but it seems pretty unprecedented and widespread. Makes California look like a barbecue in comparison. @Andre would know more.

if you want to help, some info here - https://www.theguardian.com/australi...Essa4QE2BQSr-Y
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Australia is burning. I don't want to seem like an alarmist but it seems pretty unprecedented and widespread. Makes California look like a barbecue in comparison. @Andre would know more.

if you want to help, some info here - https://www.theguardian.com/australi...Essa4QE2BQSr-Y
    Too late

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

australia has spent billions planning to extend the high speed train rail system, strangely the fire locations around the coast are very similar to where the construction will take place. they could be either burning the people out, so they can take over the land needed cheaply or herding people towards cities. these fires could have easily been stopped if back burning had been done much earlier to prevent the spread if fires started, as well as using a form of cloud seeding technology, needing very little cloud at all to create rain. the fact that the technology is there and not being used is criminal
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

australia has spent billions planning to extend the high speed train rail system, strangely the fire locations around the coast are very similar to where the construction will take place. they could be either burning the people out, so they can take over the land needed cheaply or herding people towards cities. these fires could have easily been stopped if back burning had been done much earlier to prevent the spread if fires started, as well as using a form of cloud seeding technology, needing very little cloud at all to create rain. the fact that the technology is there and not being used is criminal
    California has stopped doing controlled burns which is causing their fires to be bigger, hotter, and more uncontrollable. Also the state receives federal funding for the constant "state of emergency" that are declared due to the fires.

But don't take my word for it, just look at any other state (especially the red ones) and tell me when they last had giant fires.....not like they lack for forests either.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Freakafornia has some serious problems

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Well at least you believe Australia exists. Not everyone here on the forum does.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information