Thread: Artur Beterbiev-Oleksandr Gvozdyk/175 WBC-IBF Unification/ESPN/Friday

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev-Oleksandr Gvozdyk/175 WBC-IBF Unification/ESPN/Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am going for Beterbiev because I have always believed he was the best fighter at the weight. Now is his chance to prove it and get a big fight against Canelo.
    @TitoFan you got it wrong and it sounded like a good fight. Good read.

I suck at predicting fights. Although on the other hand, I didn't do too shabby in Alpha's prediction contest last year.
    I think most had this fight close to 50/50 going in.
    That is true but I went for my man and he won so let me enjoy the gloating it does not happen too often.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev-Oleksandr Gvozdyk/175 WBC-IBF Unification/ESPN/Friday

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I am going for Beterbiev because I have always believed he was the best fighter at the weight. Now is his chance to prove it and get a big fight against Canelo.
    @TitoFan you got it wrong and it sounded like a good fight. Good read.

I suck at predicting fights. Although on the other hand, I didn't do too shabby in Alpha's prediction contest last year.
    I think most had this fight close to 50/50 going in.
    That is true but I went for my man and he won so let me enjoy the gloating it does not happen too often.
    Oh definitely, it was a great call.

I think Beterbiev could fight like that for 15 rounds no problem.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Beterbiev could unify against Bivol the winner would attract a unification fight with Kov/Canelo. I know timing and promoters will not let it happen but it is a good long term dream. Beterbiev is the best in the division.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Beterbiev could unify against Bivol the winner would attract a unification fight with Kov/Canelo. I know timing and promoters will not let it happen but it is a good long term dream. Beterbiev is the best in the division.
    Best case scenario is that Kovalev destroys Canelo so that he can prove that he is still the Krusher. Then the winner can fight Beterbiev. But I do agree that if Beterbiev can fight Bivol in there that would be best. I just don’t know if that’s plausible.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Best case scenario is that Kovalev destroys Canelo so that he can prove that he is still the Krusher. Then the winner can fight Beterbiev. But I do agree that if Beterbiev can fight Bivol in there that would be best. I just don’t know if that’s plausible.

I'd LOVE for that destruction to happen...... but let me add some perspective.

Kovalev was knocked out to the body (or repeated low blows) by that fearsome puncher, Andre Ward (16 knockouts in 32 career wins). Ginger is fairly adept at going to the body. He also has the good beard nobody can argue about.

BEFORE Kovalev's Achilles heel was exposed, there was 0.0000000000000000001 percent chance that Ginger would've ever even spoken his name, much less seek a fight with him.

So yes. A Krusher destruction of Canelo would make me slightly happy ( ). However, I'm not holding my breath, since once the computer has spit out an opponent for Canelo, that means all possible risks have been evaluated at the nano-microscopic level.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum was saying Fanlong Meng is next for Artur, but I would love to see the Bivol unification after that.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum was saying Fanlong Meng is next for Artur, but I would love to see the Bivol unification after that.
    I always say that I don’t mind those kinds of fights as long as it’s a stay busy fight and it happens quickly. Beterbiev has been pretty inactive throughout his career. He can’t fight once a year and waste it on a non top fighter.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ment is the mandatory and Arum wants it on the Chinese New year. Bivol is with a rival company is the winner of Kov/Canelo easier to make?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I always say that I don’t mind those kinds of fights as long as it’s a stay busy fight and it happens quickly. Beterbiev has been pretty inactive throughout his career. He can’t fight once a year and waste it on a non top fighter.
    Agreed, he just fought a top guy so I have no complaints about a step down in class for his next out.

Ment is the mandatory and Arum wants it on the Chinese New year. Bivol is with a rival company is the winner of Kov/Canelo easier to make?
    Depends on what happens in Kov/ Canelo. If Kov wins, then it probably is easer to make. If Cnelo wins, he'll lose Artur's number.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gvozdyk released from hospital after TKO loss to Beterbiev

Oleksandr Gvozdyk, the former world light-heavyweight champion who lost to Artur Beterbiev by TKO on Friday, was released from hospital on Sunday after staying two nights as a precaution.

Gvozdyk, 32, was stopped in the 10th round of an action-packed 175-pound unification bouton Friday at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia.

Referee Gary Rosato waved off the fight after two minutes and 49 seconds of the 10th after Beterbiev (15-0, 15 KOs) dropped an exhausted Gvozdyk (17-1, 14 KOs) three times.

According to ESPN, Gvozdyk walked alongside trainer Teddy Atlas to an ambulance to make the short trip to the hospital to be checked out as a precaution.

Atlas confirmed he stayed with Gvozdyk a second night to be safe before the 32-year-old was released with a minor concussion.

"All is clear," Atlas told ESPN. "No [brain] bleed or anything. Thank God, just a minor concussion from the hits to the back of the head they said, but we needed to be sure."

Gvozdyk, a Ukrainian who is based in California, won his WBC title in December 2018 - stopping Adonis Stevenson in a bout that saw the long-reigning champion put in an induced coma and treated for a traumatic brain injury - and made one successful defence before being stopped by the undefeated Beterbiev on Friday.

A Russian based in Montreal, Beterbiev, 34, defended his IBF title for the third time since winning it in November 2017.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gvo...150126206.html

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great performance by Beterbiev. He is much more skilled than I thought. Beterbiev is currently the man to beat in this category

Thread Information