Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,489
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2982
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Man that looks annoying as shit. Have you had to put up with any of it personally Fenster?
    I'm not personally affected (in another life). I have no problem with the message, just can't stand the posh/middle-class hypocrites playing hero and saviour whilst having a big fucking rich-hippy-cultish party.

    They're fake PC do-gooders who pick safe targets. There's more people of colour at a Tommy Robinson shindig.
    I can get behind wanting to clean the world up a bit and preserve and conserve nature, wildlife etc, but I don't get the more extreme elements of these groups banning fossil fuels, banning air travel, banning meat consumption it all gets a bit ridiculous.


    And yes they DO pick the safest of targets....never India or China in regards to their polluting. Always in public where people still for some reason treat these obnoxious assholes with dignity and respect and don't just offer up violence to them straight away...not suggesting they should, but the protesters are really pushing their limits with this kind of thing. I mean blocking entire streets is not a great thing to do....what if someone is in a medical emergency? What if there's a terrorist attack and the roads are blocked and police cannot get to the scene immediately?


    It's SO privileged to do these kinds of things and they never call out their millionaire funders either.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,109
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1498
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I can get behind wanting to clean the world up a bit and preserve and conserve nature, wildlife etc, but I don't get the more extreme elements of these groups banning fossil fuels, banning air travel, banning meat consumption it all gets a bit ridiculous.
    That's the crux of the argument no? Whats the point in you and I being decent and responsible whilst commercial juggernauts bellow smoke into the air and flatten the rain forests?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,489
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2982
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    That's the crux of the argument no? Whats the point in you and I being decent and responsible whilst commercial juggernauts bellow smoke into the air and flatten the rain forests?
    I'm not certain what the crux of THEIR argument is. My argument certainly is equal parts "Well if you want a cleaner world talk to China first I'm well down your list" and "practice what you preach". Their list of things they want to accomplish is foolish and make me question their sanity.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,706
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2700
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Civil peaceful protest is a good thing.

    They can not do much about China/India but can put banners up on Big Ben to remind people we are all part of the "churn" or "system" polluting the environment.

    The vast majority have been peaceful protests so let them continue.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,489
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2982
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Civil peaceful protest is a good thing.

    They can not do much about China/India but can put banners up on Big Ben to remind people we are all part of the "churn" or "system" polluting the environment.

    The vast majority have been peaceful protests so let them continue.
    Nobody is saying they shouldn't be allowed to protest, I AM saying I don't think how they are choosing to protest is going to win over many converts to their side.


    So Greta Thunberg can ride across the Atlantic to go in front of the UN and lecture the West on their pollution and whatnot....but can't say peep about China. OK then...kind of paints a certain picture of just how virtuous she is doesn't it? As for the average protesters, I don't think annoying the crap out of your fellow countrymen is going to get many people thinking "Yeah this is good, I quite like this, let's all do this then"....and if you ask me "Well what should they do to get the message out?!?!?"
    1. Practice what they preach
    2. Organize clean ups for various polluted areas
    3. Don't shit where you eat and attempt to browbeat your friends and neighbors into joining your cause...if they find your cause worthy they'll join on their own.


    Hey if you're ok with them in your town that's fine, but I'm certain there are folks this is more than a little aggravating to...like if one of those folks was trying to get to work on time and ended up getting fired for being late or if someone needed to rush to the hospital or something of that sort.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    15
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    G r e e t a Thornburg was quite mute about China or India wasn't she?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,489
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2982
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    G r e e t a Thornburg was quite mute about China or India wasn't she?
    She does have that affliction
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,146
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    G r e e t a Thornburg was quite mute about China or India wasn't she?
    She does have that affliction
    At least she isn't a pathetic nobody like you.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,419
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    That sounded personal to me.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,146
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    That sounded personal to me.
    Yes of course it was personal. You don't really think El Kabong never stoops that low? Aspergers is not an affliction. I would not be me without it. I would have failed massively in life WITHOUT it.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,613
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    G r e e t a Thornburg was quite mute about China or India wasn't she?
    She does have that affliction
    At least she isn't a pathetic nobody like you.
    At it again? Greta is a 16 year old marketed girl with severe mental issues. I am quite sure Lyle has actually completed school, self read too, held down a job, and become a loving father. Greta is used like a dead baby on a beach who I also assume you think has achieved more than Lyle by getting into the national propaganda.

    Give it a rest you tiresome man. Greta is not a scientist. She doesn't even have an A level equivalent in Chemistry. She won't even go to school. A poor example to others in many ways and a bad attitude like your own.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,146
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    G r e e t a Thornburg was quite mute about China or India wasn't she?
    She does have that affliction
    At least she isn't a pathetic nobody like you.
    At it again? Greta is a 16 year old marketed girl with severe mental issues. I am quite sure Lyle has actually completed school, self read too, held down a job, and become a loving father. Greta is used like a dead baby on a beach who I also assume you think has achieved more than Lyle by getting into the national propaganda.

    Give it a rest you tiresome man. Greta is not a scientist. She doesn't even have an A level equivalent in Chemistry. She won't even go to school. A poor example to others in many ways and a bad attitude like your own.
    So says another pathetic nobody
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,590
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Civil peaceful protest is a good thing.

    They can not do much about China/India but can put banners up on Big Ben to remind people we are all part of the "churn" or "system" polluting the environment.

    The vast majority have been peaceful protests so let them continue.
    @Beanz look at master and his rage out of control.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,613
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    That sounded personal to me.
    Yes of course it was personal. You don't really think El Kabong never stoops that low? Aspergers is not an affliction. I would not be me without it. I would have failed massively in life WITHOUT it.
    Let it go and take it for the quip it was intended as then. I have never even heard the word Sperg before. It sounds like a German family name or something.

    I am sure you have finely attuned neuron connections and a curious way with words, but one thing Asperger's seems to do is make you very highly strung. Just chill a little, it's no big deal. I can be highly strung too, but am learning just to ride with it. You can easily do the same. You don't need to agree with Lyle on anything, but he is just a person with different views to you.

    We all have our battles and issues Beanz. On the surface we all have our front but we are only human.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,613
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    G r e e t a Thornburg was quite mute about China or India wasn't she?
    She does have that affliction
    At least she isn't a pathetic nobody like you.
    At it again? Greta is a 16 year old marketed girl with severe mental issues. I am quite sure Lyle has actually completed school, self read too, held down a job, and become a loving father. Greta is used like a dead baby on a beach who I also assume you think has achieved more than Lyle by getting into the national propaganda.

    Give it a rest you tiresome man. Greta is not a scientist. She doesn't even have an A level equivalent in Chemistry. She won't even go to school. A poor example to others in many ways and a bad attitude like your own.
    So says another pathetic nobody
    At least I got the smiley. Wahay!
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. To Posh For Pizza !
    By Dia bando in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2015, 05:33 PM
  2. Working for a living is shit
    By Mark TKO in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
  3. Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik, A Working Class Hero New Vid
    By CountryBoy in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 06:16 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing