Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
If you had the control of Boxing would you introduce anymore aspects that would make it safer?

Glove size, less rounds, weight cutting issue, shorter rounds, more brain scans?

Or would you have expected to see more deaths in boxing (at this stage) and don’t see the need to implement anything else?

RIP Patrick day.

If I had control of boxing, believe me.... there'd be a hell of a lot more things I'd change besides just the safety aspect.

Regarding safety though, I wouldn't cut the number of rounds. It's already been done (from 15 to 12 for championship fights). Reducing number of rounds would ruin the ebb and flow of most fights. The sport would be ruined.

My efforts would be in weight control and brain scans. Yes.... due to the nature of the sport, brain scans are absolutely necessary and probably should be more frequent. It's a pain in the ass for the boxers, but it's for their own good.

Weight.... I've weighed in (pardon the pun) many times on this subject. I'd favor same day weigh-ins, to be sure. Of course, that would ruin the careers of those weight cheats who thrive on being 30 pounds heavier than the opponent, but c'est la vie.
I am not sure why a brain scan would be a pain. You would go to a hospital and get it done and have the results in a few hours. It is just an afternoon and part of the job. I don't know how well fighters are insured, but I would like that to be fully covered.

I would like to see more fighters learn what to do beyond boxing too. It does end early and if you are not successful to need a plan B or C.

Same day weighs in would be great also. As draining is a horrible strain and not healthy and neither is being clubbed by someone 20 pounds heavier.

There is nothing else I would change really. Tragedies are not all that common and fighting is always going to have risks. The fighters know that. You climb Everest and know it can go wrong. Just prepare as well as you can and be aware as best you can. If the corner is concerned then protect the fighter. They know the fighter.