Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Loma dumps his belt to avoid mandatory

I need some laughs, defend it. And defend the trend.

If you all want to know why boxing is dying on ESPN and DAZN could sell a subscription to a shopping addict, it’s right here

https://www.boxingscene.com/lomachen...d-full--143620

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WBC up to its usual B.S.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2019/10...ight-champion/

"Lomachenko upgraded to WBC Franchise lightweight champion"

That's right, Mauricio. Continue in your daddy's crooked footsteps. He'd be mighty proud of you. I swear these bozos won't be happy until they finish driving boxing's credibility into the ground.

Phony, made-up belts..... franchise tags..... can't accuse these guys of not doing enough to f*ck up boxing for us fans.

This is the problem with having numerous alphabet orgs free to make up their own rules. Sort of "make it up as you go" type of thing.

Anything to continue making it easier for fighters NOT to fight each other.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma dumps his belt to avoid mandatory

Didn't see your thread, as I was posting mine. They should probably be merged.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Didn't see your thread, as I was posting mine. They should probably be merged.
    I’ll go read yours first haha

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC up to its usual B.S.

Don’t let fighters off the hook. They don’t have to accept this nonsense. “I won this title and nobody is taking it from me” or “okay”, which sounds like a fighter?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not. It's just that my dislike of these Monopoly games with boxing belts by the WBC has passed the point of nausea. I'm pissed they can just get away with it.

Fighters (some) are going to get away with whatever the orgs let them get away with. Canelo is a poster child for that. Now it seems Loma is happily playing the role of beneficiary also.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney got promoted to regular champ and now is the youngest WBC champ in history (if I remember correctly). It’s a joke to become a champ off of n elevation of the real champ.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And this is why I don’t take belts seriously. I never know who has what title because it means nothing to me

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Haney got promoted to regular champ and now is the youngest WBC champ in history (if I remember correctly). It’s a joke to become a champ off of n elevation of the real champ.

The joke is even bigger than that, because truthfully................ there should be no need to "elevate" someone who's already champ! WTF is this nonsense?

They're just making room for more (cough) "champs", to accomplish their own twisted agenda.

There must be a good analogy somewhere. I wish Teddy Atlas was here weighing in on this. He'd probably find something.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is how Charlo got his belt.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And this is why I don’t take belts seriously. I never know who has what title because it means nothing to me
    Exactly. It's the very fact fans think this means anything which is the problem. There's not a fighter in the modern era who hasn't been stripped, it's just the organisations have become more and more slick by creating "regular" and "diamond" and "franchise" and what not.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Exactly. It's the very fact fans think this means anything which is the problem. There's not a fighter in the modern era who hasn't been stripped, it's just the organisations have become more and more slick by creating "regular" and "diamond" and "franchise" and what not.
    I remember back when the first diamond or super belt came out some years back. I thought it was cool until I realized that it wasn’t a special one time only belt. I assumed that it was made for a specific purpose.

Like I always say, the only reason I mention belts is to hope to make good fights. So I can give the excuse that fighter X needs to fight fighter Y because they both hold a belt. In reality, I just want them to fight and have no need for the belt.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's be honest. Belts are no longer the valued symbol of a division champion. The belt has been turned into a tool. A tool to manipulate fights and fighters themselves. Only casuals and gullible fans still swallow the blue pill thinking that belts actually mean anything. The WBC is at the forefront of this belt-as-a-manipulation-tool practice. You can argue they have perfected the craft.... inventing scores of belts with fancy names.... bestowing belts at will to their favored fighters.... and manipulating rankings and matchups that can or can't occur. Among the factors that are bringing down boxing, this one cannot be ignored.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Let's be honest. Belts are no longer the valued symbol of a division champion. The belt has been turned into a tool. A tool to manipulate fights and fighters themselves. Only casuals and gullible fans still swallow the blue pill thinking that belts actually mean anything. The WBC is at the forefront of this belt-as-a-manipulation-tool practice. You can argue they have perfected the craft.... inventing scores of belts with fancy names.... bestowing belts at will to their favored fighters.... and manipulating rankings and matchups that can or can't occur. Among the factors that are bringing down boxing, this one cannot be ignored.
    The thing is that the belts do the exact opposite of what a championship belt was invented to do which is show who is the best. In order to do that, the best have to fight each other. With so many different belts, it makes fighters not fight each other.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Odd troubling trend. I don't put too much stock in these glorified paper weights called trinkets aka belts but has to suck for the newly crowned champion. I mean how does that process work. You get called into a small office filled with Ikea furniture surrounded by your people with El Hefe Suliaman on the speaker phone congratulating you. Or do you just recieve a text when you're barely out of bed one morning.."Sup Devin just got a text from some wbc dude, you're the champ now!!! Congrats bro, hit me back". Leaving Haney to fist pump in the bathroom mirror, all alone, and start blowing himself up on social media. These guys don't even get to leap up center ring..or mouth 'and the neeeew' as Lennon or Buffer read the results. They don't even get a Yooo Adrienne we did it!!

Thread Information