Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  47
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

View Poll Results: How will you vote in the 2019 UK general election?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Conservative

2 33.33%
  • Labour

2 33.33%
  • SDP

0 0%
  • Green Party

0 0%
  • Plaid Cymru

0 0%
  • Scottish National Party

1 16.67%
  • Brexit Party

0 0%
  • Monster Raving Loony Party

1 16.67%
  • Another Party Not Listed

0 0%
  • Will not vote

0 0%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2019 UK General Election

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

All the talking and all the bullshit it's over Brexit is next Borris was the best at the bullshit Corbyn was just shit.!
    Borris was the best of a bad bunch the cream of the crop the best rotten turnip.
    Am I pleased Borris won not really am I glad Corbyn lost yes I dislike Jeremy with a passion I hate far left lunatics.
    Just like I hated Thatcher far right lunatic fuck politics Merry Christmas everyone.πŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸ‘ΌπŸΊπŸ»πŸ΄πŸΉπŸΈπŸ₯ƒ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beanz View Post
    the british did not vote for that and if it were to happen you have the right to resist any way you like. I have no desire to see it privatized, but would like to see borders controlled and for people to live more healthily thus easing the burden. It is very well funded and the poor benefit the most from it. It is fair that way.

Of course nobody should wait hours after a heart attack, but if it is full, it is full. Migration is not the cash bonanza people have been lied to about and it does place a strain on everything. If you care about your family you want less coming in and a more effective system for british people. Make foreigners pay, but of course the money is seldom collected and many cannot afford it.

I disagree with you about corbyn being too radical. A lot of it really is what labour did under blair and the brexit pledge betrayal. People do not trust corbyn because of the brexit flip and he knows he hasn't been true to himself there. No way was he bigging up the eu over tea with tony benn. He politicked and it went wrong. Labour reduced the gap so people were listening before. Something happened and it was brexit. Plus fenster is right about that ira stuff, but i personally do not have issues with that.

And i have not sold out to anyone. All i want is what is good for britain and its interests. I do not gain anything and wish no harm.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    based on common sense corbyn should run through these tories and get back the non voters and win in 2020. I also hope he will go hardcore once that happens. Maybe also inspire other normal people to become quite the same. Then destroy the tory ideology and have the kids of the country going around scaring eton schoolboys. It's class warfare, classic tory style. They thrive on class warfare, just laugh if labour ever did really get serious with their schools. It should happen.
    sold

out
    Sobered and grown up.

I think some of Corbyn's manifesto was decent, but parts of it zany. Votes for 16 year olds. Murder of formed babies. Minimum wage far too high. No consideration of British workers or welfare by controlling migration. And the contradictions on Brexit...not helped by interviews with leading members of his own party.

Corbyn still comes across as a gent, but the manifesto was odd and eccentric with some decent stuff in there economically as I don't like corporations not paying their share and things like that. He blew it on Brexit by selling out himself.

I maintain that he was a man trapped by his party and trapped by ideology. He would not compromise. If he had been true to people outside the London bubble I would have got it, but it was my experiences informed by working people in the North over a month long period that changed me. I haven't sold out, I just took the time to see it from the angle of the man on the railways. It was a different experience to my own. I had to see it first hand to get out of my own bubble.

SOLD OUT and signed up for the politics of resentment. Look at how between 85 and 99% of what you post always has to reference yourself as though you are a victim. You have to leave your room to get out of your bubble and you have admitted that very rarely happens unless you are going to work.

Was a victim sure, but it hasn't shaped the end product. I have a life Beanz, it is just that I don't tell you much about it.

Hard work and discipline pays off, it really does. At least it does for me and the people around me are the ones who get me and they do well too.. I couldn't ask for anything more. Winning not by money, but mentality.

Someone online said you are liberal at 20 because you have a heart, but you are conservative by 40 because you have grown. Kind of true.

You just haven't grown, Beanz. Still stuck as a permanent volatile spotty kid. And you were slaughtered. Live with it.

Your impression is just a projected fantasy of more resentment. It is like the stupid lie of me being some benefit scrounger that was spread by many here, even going to the trouble of privately messaging others to get them to believe it. I get why. People seek to invalidate empathy, and compassion and creativity because they often lack the imagination to understand how anyone can make a living by doing anything other than what you do. In fact you have gone further in seeking to cast public servants, decent hard working people like nurses and paramedics and firemen and teachers as somehow being inferior because they have chosen not to work in the private sector. That is a pretty big hump to carry around.

I was contacted by the picture editor of the Daily Mail last week, and stupid though it may seem to you, I had to turn the job down. Billionaire run papers like hers have so easily turned the heads of people who view the world like you do, and I did not want to be associated with that, even in a supplemental Sunday magazine. That i was in a position to do so is not evidence of being a permanent adolescent as you are suggesting ( that would be a bit weird after bringing up and putting two kids through school over 25 years and now helping to bring up my grandchildren) but rather an indication of quite how far i have managed to come, without having to resort to turning to the state to support me. I did not go to UNI after school like you, I did so as a parent and carer much later in life, at the same time as holding down a full time job. That allowed me the opportunity to do things that most people like me would have been told were impossible.When I got asked last week to come and sit on an industry panel at a local University to speak to the kids about my career and that is not the first mentoring i will have done. And that mentoring can't help but change you, the same as being a parent does.

The point is that the idea you must conform as you have, or and become a robot, that you have to take this route and then that means you cut off all over routes and avenues to explore is a lie. Life is not a journey. It is not a one way descent into hoarding everything and becoming the kind of old fart that seeks to remove the freedoms of the younger generations after you. It is a one off, a privilege to experience and fill with joy, something to PLAY , to waste it trying to blame other people for your own dissatisfaction is a criminal waste. At least Al seem happy with his posh meals. What do you have? the satisfaction of mocking modern plans to make Britain more like SK in many ways and the joy of cardigans?

What is that all about? All I said was that your politics was naive and out of touch which was something I conceded about myself. I admitted I got it wrong. You have a hard time doing that and the you double down with some kind of life story. You want the Oliver Twist routine? You are not the only one who did a degree while holding down full time work. It is no competition.

As for benefits, it is a rumor that has long gone around, and not started by me to be honest, but I have certainly considered the possibility. I don't want to talk about your family, said I wouldn't and won't as I said to you I wouldn't. It is no different to you calling me entitled and lazy or assuming I am full of bitterness and woe when I do far more than when in front of a crowd and have never been more personally fulfilled. That is also what they call projection. I don't talk about what I do very much here these days.

It is no competition, but I stand by my view that if you piss your money away then you can end up homeless or dead or broke and it is not selling out to live a healthy, productive and indeed fun life. I don't feel the fire like you do, I don't feel how I did whenever I made that post you pulled up. Getting it together is not selling out, learning to appreciate life and yourself is not selling out.

In your last pm to me I praised you and was positive. I can see you are productive in your own way, but you do have an attitude problem. It wouldn't be selling out to work on that a bit too. I see in other threads that you seem to be doubling down and you just read it wrong and people do not agree. There will be another chance in 5 years.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Just because someone holds down a job doesn't mean they have recovered from trauma, doesn't prove they are not fucked up psychiatrically, Miles. There a functioning schizophrenics holding high level positions worldwide for an example. You say it didn't effect the end product, but it did. You have more hangups than most people I know. So when you were 20-ish (and we were 40-ish) we had to listen to your sophomoric pontificating. So now you're 40-ish (and we are 60-ish) SO EXCUSE US IF IT IS ANNOYING TO HEAR YOU NOW SAY YOU HAVE MATURED, AND TO QUOTE A BANAL, TRITE, PAINFULLY OBVIOUS SAYING THAT WE ALREADY KNEW WHEN YOU WERE 20.
    Wrong thread Brock. Discuss it somewhere suitable.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oliver Twist routine? You are the one forever telling us how you were sent up a chimney and lived in a workhouse before starting work at 9 mate. I was just trying to explain why I voted the way I did and that whatever people claim by voting for the most selfish and fucked up version of Conservatism ever, under a government of serial liars, the fact remains they chose to close their eyes to things like growing poverty, homelessness, and the ideological move to sell off even more public services, under the influence of the billionaires behind papers like the Mail.

It was completely relevant but you just like to play pretend because you do not have to live under it or suffer the consequences of it. It is massively personal to me and will impact me and my life and that of my loved ones. So of course you do not feel the fire like I do. I am not going to apologise for that though and pretend that I will remain unmoved, as the UK is broken up and everything that made us great continues to be sold off. The UK is in a shit and dangerously dark place and it's about to get worse unless you look and live like Boris,the Billionaires and their chums.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have young family in the UK too, so it is personal for everyone. A lot of what you were saying had nothing to do with the election and it is you sniping with sell out etc when I haven't voted for anyone. I simply do not see it like you do and the Johnson thread is where people can discuss how it evolves.

Let us not pretend that Labour was not vile last time they were in power either and no one cannot pretend the Tories have been decent. Personally, I would prefer something else completely, but the reality is Labour wouldn't listen on the issue that mattered the most to people and as can be seen in the voting map only seemed to see a London bubble. There are pockets of traditionalism out there but that is a blue country at large now.

Johnson might be good, he might be terrible, but the truth is America has been a good ally historically, we have much in common culturally, and the truth is they bailed us out a few times in the 20th century because of Europe. Maybe Europe can play fair this time too, but it is a new age and the ups and downs can be discussed.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have young family in the UK too, so it is personal for everyone. A lot of what you were saying had nothing to do with the election and it is you sniping with sell out etc when I haven't voted for anyone. I simply do not see it like you do and the Johnson thread is where people can discuss how it evolves.

Let us not pretend that Labour was not vile last time they were in power either and no one cannot pretend the Tories have been decent. Personally, I would prefer something else completely, but the reality is Labour wouldn't listen on the issue that mattered the most to people and as can be seen in the voting map only seemed to see a London bubble. There are pockets of traditionalism out there but that is a blue country at large now.

Johnson might be good, he might be terrible, but the truth is America has been a good ally historically, we have much in common culturally, and the truth is they bailed us out a few times in the 20th century because of Europe. Maybe Europe can play fair this time too, but it is a new age and the ups and downs can be discussed.
    More of a custard pie than a snipe.

The one saving grace for me was Widdecombe the haggard old crone getting her arse handed to her on a plate by the local MP here who just happened to be a Gay man who thankfully has not been subjected to the conversion therapy she approves of . I know of a lot of people who never in a month of Sundays usually vote Labour who voted for him because he was born here , lives here and does a great job or representing people.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record the 2019 general election result was as follows.

The Conservatives won by some margin.

The Brexit results - we voted leave the Eu.

I am sure we all have better things to do with our busy lives as to keep talking about something that has already happened.

Close the thread,

The End.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice Try.

Go to page 48 of the Tory Manifesto and see what has been voted in.

The destruction of everything that made the British Democracy what it was.

They are going to prevent the public using Judicial Reviews to stop unlawful government policies. We will not even be able to check the legality of such proposals.

They will scrap human rights, gerrymander Parliament, Disenfranchise voters, anything to avoid be held to account.

But no lets worry about Diane Abbbots mismatched shoes and ignore things like this

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Irish Senator Mark Daly calls on Irish government to begin preparations for a United Ireland following Brexit Britain's election results in Scotland and Northern Ireland. ...

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/po...Ehj57GGxoJVUqo
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice Try.

They are going to prevent the public using Judicial Reviews to stop unlawful government policies. We will not even be able to check the legality of such proposals.

They will scrap human rights, gerrymander Parliament, Disenfranchise voters, anything to avoid be held to account.

But no lets worry about Diane Abbbots mismatched shoes and ignore things like this

Democracy like Brexit which you refused to accept ?
    Democracy like the general election which you refuse to accept ?
    You cant pick and choose which bit of democracy you want.
    Your beginning to sound like a very bitter labour supporter, look at the figures more people in the UK don't agree with you.
    Its over and done with accept it.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 12-16-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Nice Try.

Your beginning to sound like a very bitter labour supporter, look at the figures more people in the UK don't agree with you.
    Bullshit mate. Accepting democracy is not the same as being some cowering subject applauding the illegal destruction of Great Britain. Are you making excuses for traitors now?
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

It is astonishing to me to see people even here on Saddos 'I'm life long Labour and I God help me voted Tory' and you've got some folks here who don't or won't attempt to understand why that is.

Newsflash, elite social leftists have hijacked Labour and the "working man" has been at the very best forgotten and at worst has become disdained by those leftists. Owen Jones, Ash 'Literally a Communist' Sarkar, and Lily 'I know you're greedy bastards because I'm a greedy bastard' Allen...ain't the best ambassadors of your brand. Neither are the performance art jackasses doing the fucking extinction rebellion bullshit...I'm American yes I know my place, but I can OBSERVE that these things ain't going over too well with the folks who just want a paycheck, watch some footy, and have a pint.

And Antifa have taken to the streets for yet another public temper tantrum because OF COURSE they have! They've been mistaking kindness as weakness for too long and eventually it'll get a lot of them in trouble.

4 in a row Beanz, 4 elections in a row and you're STILL on about "the Tories lied!"/"the voting public is too dense to understand".......4 in a row!!!!! How many beatings do you need before you wise up? Labour needs to either get back to actually being for the working man OR just admit they are communists either way it'll be quite a while before Labour win again.

And you can go ahead and bet this result will be mirrored in the United States.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice Try.

Bullshit mate. Accepting democracy is not the same as being some cowering subject applauding the illegal destruction of Great Britain. Are you making excuses for traitors now?
    The only way we can change the people running the country is to cast a democratic vote, which is what we all did.
    Short of a military war lord taking over I don't see how else you can do it.
    People are disappointed as they voted elsewhere, however the people who voted tory got their democratic wish and are happy with the results.

El Kabong Guest

The only way we can change the people running the country is to cast a democratic vote, which is what we all did.
    Short of a military war lord taking over I don't see how else you can do it.
    People are disappointed as they voted elsewhere, however the people who voted tory got their democratic wish and are happy with the results.

Labour (and Democrats in America too) is coming dangerously close to Charlie Zelenoff levels of delusion. All these calls for "fighting" and they just keep getting it handed to them...4 general elections in a row and that THING stands up there jabbing it's finger into the chest of the British electorate telling them how wrong they are....insanity!

Calling people fascists and Nazis ain't winning you any elections. Saying "fight them on the beaches" ain't doing it, these are your neighbors and fellow countrymen, you may disagree with them but they aren't hateful evil people so perhaps stop accusing them of being so.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, you make an interesting point about US Democrats.

I wouldn't pretend to be an expert on current US politics, but this article also makes that link (and you might find a British media viewpoint interesting?)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50785442
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information