Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: How will you vote in the 2019 UK general election?

This poll will close on 12-09-2019 at 10:37 AM

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 148

Thread: 2019 UK General Election

Share/Bookmark
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by el kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    i am talking about inequality causing more ordinary people using food banks, huge companies paying little tax, shortage of housing, schools closing on friday's because of underfunding, etc

    how is there underfunding when you obviously have enough wealth and prosperity to welcome in immigrants by the millions i mean surely they do not place any burden on the lifelong residents of great britain!


    Also if there's a problem with taxation and funding why not hold a general election and have the people sort that out with their votes?

    bang on.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,880
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2704
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am talking about inequality causing more ordinary people using food banks, huge companies paying little tax, shortage of housing, schools closing on Friday's because of underfunding, etc

    How is there underfunding when you OBVIOUSLY have enough wealth and prosperity to welcome in immigrants by the millions I mean surely they do not place any burden on the lifelong residents of Great Britain!


    Also if there's a problem with taxation and funding why not hold a general election and have the PEOPLE sort that out with their votes?
    I really do not know what you are on about now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,579
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I really do not know what you are on about now.
    Well Western nations (I assume Great Britain would be included in this since Europe in general is) are told that there are "economic migrants" coming to those nations in order to partake in the prosperity inherent within those nations. So in order for that to be the case Great Britain can't be doing TOO poorly in an economic sense. Also those migrants would of course make full use of things like schools and hospitals which are all funded by the state but they wouldn't have paid into those institutions for the years that natural born citizens have so of course that MIGHT be the cause of some under funding and or the closing of certain schools and hospitals (speaking from an American perspective of course, and so maybe your situation is dramatically different).


    Surely some corporations avoid over paying taxes, there's nothing wrong with that, certainly there are tax loopholes and well those can LEGALLY be made use of regardless of how one feels about the ethics of that. I agree SOME companies don't pay taxes at all and there's little to no reason for it for example in America: Amazon, GE, GM, Eli Lilly, Chevron, Netflix, Gannett, Goodyear, Haliburton, etc paid $0 in federal taxes and as a citizen I find that displeasing, so we can agree on that at least.


    As for elections, politicians need to be held accountable for allowing corporations to run roughshod over the citizens. Yes Obamacare and the taxes that wrought I felt were draconian in nature, but at the same time, we all put some money in the box. I'm not so sure of hoe companies are taxed in Great Britain, but in America we've got fairly high rates of taxation which are filled with loopholes, ergo my own personal stance of lowering the tax rate and erasing the loopholes (better to get something than nothing) and I vote with that in mind. Perhaps Britain is different in that manner, but judging from what you say I'd imagine you've got a bit of a loophole issue as well.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,880
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2704
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I really do not know what you are on about now.
    Well Western nations (I assume Great Britain would be included in this since Europe in general is) are told that there are "economic migrants" coming to those nations in order to partake in the prosperity inherent within those nations. So in order for that to be the case Great Britain can't be doing TOO poorly in an economic sense. Also those migrants would of course make full use of things like schools and hospitals which are all funded by the state but they wouldn't have paid into those institutions for the years that natural born citizens have so of course that MIGHT be the cause of some under funding and or the closing of certain schools and hospitals (speaking from an American perspective of course, and so maybe your situation is dramatically different).


    Surely some corporations avoid over paying taxes, there's nothing wrong with that, certainly there are tax loopholes and well those can LEGALLY be made use of regardless of how one feels about the ethics of that. I agree SOME companies don't pay taxes at all and there's little to no reason for it for example in America: Amazon, GE, GM, Eli Lilly, Chevron, Netflix, Gannett, Goodyear, Haliburton, etc paid $0 in federal taxes and as a citizen I find that displeasing, so we can agree on that at least.


    As for elections, politicians need to be held accountable for allowing corporations to run roughshod over the citizens. Yes Obamacare and the taxes that wrought I felt were draconian in nature, but at the same time, we all put some money in the box. I'm not so sure of hoe companies are taxed in Great Britain, but in America we've got fairly high rates of taxation which are filled with loopholes, ergo my own personal stance of lowering the tax rate and erasing the loopholes (better to get something than nothing) and I vote with that in mind. Perhaps Britain is different in that manner, but judging from what you say I'd imagine you've got a bit of a loophole issue as well.
    Thank you for the clarification because your first post felt cryptic to me.

    Migrants contribute through taxes and of course it has been less than people born in the country but they can not help that.

    The government has reduced corporation tax and these loopholes do need to be closed. The amount of money lost is astronomical, yet the government cuts even more over the past 10 years. Now it is making all these big spending promises because of the general election.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,579
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Thank you for the clarification because your first post felt cryptic to me.

    Migrants contribute through taxes and of course it has been less than people born in the country but they can not help that.

    The government has reduced corporation tax and these loopholes do need to be closed. The amount of money lost is astronomical, yet the government cuts even more over the past 10 years. Now it is making all these big spending promises because of the general election.
    Cryptic? Come on man.

    Would you say when it comes to taxation and spending that migrants are more often a net positive, neutral, or net negative? In 2012 the Telegraph said 370,000 migrants were on benefits. Now you attempt a Google search as I have and you see plenty of articles on the benefits of EUROPEAN migrants, but it's fairly difficult to find numbers for OTHER groups and their contributions if any to Great Britain.


    Well the only way taxation loopholes get closed is by electing folks who won't include them in their policies. I'm glad we agree on that. Surely SOME spending could be cut right? I mean I don't look at the government and say "Damn, that is a tightly run ship and nary a penny is wasted!" in fact i'm likely to say quite the opposite.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,880
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2704
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Thank you for the clarification because your first post felt cryptic to me.

    Migrants contribute through taxes and of course it has been less than people born in the country but they can not help that.

    The government has reduced corporation tax and these loopholes do need to be closed. The amount of money lost is astronomical, yet the government cuts even more over the past 10 years. Now it is making all these big spending promises because of the general election.
    Cryptic? Come on man.

    Would you say when it comes to taxation and spending that migrants are more often a net positive, neutral, or net negative? In 2012 the Telegraph said 370,000 migrants were on benefits. Now you attempt a Google search as I have and you see plenty of articles on the benefits of EUROPEAN migrants, but it's fairly difficult to find numbers for OTHER groups and their contributions if any to Great Britain.


    Well the only way taxation loopholes get closed is by electing folks who won't include them in their policies. I'm glad we agree on that. Surely SOME spending could be cut right? I mean I don't look at the government and say "Damn, that is a tightly run ship and nary a penny is wasted!" in fact i'm likely to say quite the opposite.
    Corbyn definitely says that he will increase corporation tax to the levels they were in 2010 and are in line with many countries in Europe. He also wants to tax these multinationals more than what they have been paying.

    I agree public money needs to be spent properly and not wasted. The privatisation of the probation service has wasted £500 million and is being brought back into public ownership. That is true waste.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,689
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    UK

    UK GENERAL ELECTION

    CORBYN absolutely destroyed Johnson in the debate.

    For the many not the few

    For the British not the Billionaire Americans

    For the British not the Armenian American Trolls
    Both were rather weak as far as I was concerned with the questions predictable and answers incomplete. Typical modern politics without depth.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,689
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Thank you for the clarification because your first post felt cryptic to me.

    Migrants contribute through taxes and of course it has been less than people born in the country but they can not help that.

    The government has reduced corporation tax and these loopholes do need to be closed. The amount of money lost is astronomical, yet the government cuts even more over the past 10 years. Now it is making all these big spending promises because of the general election.
    Cryptic? Come on man.

    Would you say when it comes to taxation and spending that migrants are more often a net positive, neutral, or net negative? In 2012 the Telegraph said 370,000 migrants were on benefits. Now you attempt a Google search as I have and you see plenty of articles on the benefits of EUROPEAN migrants, but it's fairly difficult to find numbers for OTHER groups and their contributions if any to Great Britain.


    Well the only way taxation loopholes get closed is by electing folks who won't include them in their policies. I'm glad we agree on that. Surely SOME spending could be cut right? I mean I don't look at the government and say "Damn, that is a tightly run ship and nary a penny is wasted!" in fact i'm likely to say quite the opposite.
    Post EU migration is a massive net loss and that is now the majority of immigration. They take more and use more and year after year it continues. Labour and Tory have no answers. The EU is an issue, but British identity will be the issue of coming decades.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    British have no more identity.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,689
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    British have no more identity.
    There is an identity, but it is under serious threat due to the workings of open borders and Cultural Marxism. Nobody should come in unless they have an education and a visa for a job and once that job is done home you go, unless you truly want to integrate which means marrying into the society and making that society part of you. The problem has been in being way too soft on everything, but I think Labour will certainly learn a hard lesson in this election and then maybe it will be the Tories next if things carry on.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,880
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2704
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Tories have been in 10 years, how much more carry on do you need?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,193
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1025
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    British have no more identity.

    Says a lying American alt poster pretending to be French in a thread about the UK election.


    Fuck off you toxic cunt.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,689
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tories have been in 10 years, how much more carry on do you need?
    I don't like the Tories but Brexit has to be done. Once that is settled the issue then becomes immigration and migrant caps. Labour simply has no way around these issues and has become the protest party of minorities that abandoned the traditional working classes, opened the borders, brought in hate speech laws, and further melded with the EU.

    At least the Tories are saying Brexit which is a start, but obviously I would prefer a no deal Brexit. However, the system has sabotaged any possibility of that. The Tories are no alternative, but to deliver Brexit would be a start. If they fail, then boot them out. This election is the Brexit election.

    The NHS etc is a side show until people start to be realistic about what is debilitating the NHS.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,880
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2704
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    What is debilitating the NHS, Education, and Housing is the Tories. They are using Brexit as a cover for their incompetence and austerity which has hurt the most vulnerable in society.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,689
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What is debilitating the NHS, Education, and Housing is the Tories. They are using Brexit as a cover for their incompetence and austerity which has hurt the most vulnerable in society.
    Hospitals will treat anyone who comes in. Here there is medical tourism but you pay for it upfront. The UK has a system that is fully funded, but is dealing with millions of people more and from beyond the EU people are basically not paying their share and getting classrooms and healthcare.

    Now if you want to carry on like that and ignore that it is a big problem then good for you, but the system will collapse. And good on that Watson Deputy leader for reversing his diabetes. Some of that self responsibility will go a long way too.

    Ask Fenster about hospitals in London. It sounds like a free for all. I believe that the system is for British people and people coming in should be denied coverage until they have paid in and until then should be privately insured.

    If you cannot afford it then you are probably not a very worthwhile immigrant.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. UK general election
    By Gandalf in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 591
    Last Post: 06-14-2017, 09:30 AM
  2. General Election 2015
    By Master in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 469
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 12:08 AM
  3. 2012 Election
    By El Kabong in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 02:41 AM
  4. Who would you vote for in a British general election?
    By porkypara in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing