Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  47
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

View Poll Results: How will you vote in the 2019 UK general election?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Conservative

2 33.33%
  • Labour

2 33.33%
  • SDP

0 0%
  • Green Party

0 0%
  • Plaid Cymru

0 0%
  • Scottish National Party

1 16.67%
  • Brexit Party

0 0%
  • Monster Raving Loony Party

1 16.67%
  • Another Party Not Listed

0 0%
  • Will not vote

0 0%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 UK General Election

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2019 UK General Election

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    You want to have a good look at what the Tories are going to do with the enabling act. Orwell said that people who elect corrupt Politicians are accomplices not victims, and he was right, so don't go moaning when the fascist bastards don't even give you the opportunity to elect an alternative.

Of course it will never effect the most vocal voices in this thread because they are not British Citizens. For them it is a game.
    Oh, is that what all your trump blathering is, a game? I thought you might vacation in the US regularly. I said much earlier in the post Boris would win, I won the game I guess. @Beanz
    There really is no need to @ mention someone to get a reply. You are the shit stirrer that started the whole anti-British vibe here years ago with multiple threads slagging off England. I have taken care not to post in your "Who will be the next President thread" and hardly ever in the Trump thread. You are claiming an equivalence that is simply not there. Trump is a massive threat to this country. You as a tiny little watch collecting pipsqueak with an inflated backstory? not so much.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beanz View Post
    the british did not vote for that and if it were to happen you have the right to resist any way you like. I have no desire to see it privatized, but would like to see borders controlled and for people to live more healthily thus easing the burden. It is very well funded and the poor benefit the most from it. It is fair that way.

Of course nobody should wait hours after a heart attack, but if it is full, it is full. Migration is not the cash bonanza people have been lied to about and it does place a strain on everything. If you care about your family you want less coming in and a more effective system for british people. Make foreigners pay, but of course the money is seldom collected and many cannot afford it.

I disagree with you about corbyn being too radical. A lot of it really is what labour did under blair and the brexit pledge betrayal. People do not trust corbyn because of the brexit flip and he knows he hasn't been true to himself there. No way was he bigging up the eu over tea with tony benn. He politicked and it went wrong. Labour reduced the gap so people were listening before. Something happened and it was brexit. Plus fenster is right about that ira stuff, but i personally do not have issues with that.

And i have not sold out to anyone. All i want is what is good for britain and its interests. I do not gain anything and wish no harm.

based on common sense corbyn should run through these tories and get back the non voters and win in 2020. I also hope he will go hardcore once that happens. Maybe also inspire other normal people to become quite the same. Then destroy the tory ideology and have the kids of the country going around scaring eton schoolboys. It's class warfare, classic tory style. They thrive on class warfare, just laugh if labour ever did really get serious with their schools. It should happen.
    sold

out
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the british did not vote for that and if it were to happen you have the right to resist any way you like. I have no desire to see it privatized, but would like to see borders controlled and for people to live more healthily thus easing the burden. It is very well funded and the poor benefit the most from it. It is fair that way.

Of course nobody should wait hours after a heart attack, but if it is full, it is full. Migration is not the cash bonanza people have been lied to about and it does place a strain on everything. If you care about your family you want less coming in and a more effective system for british people. Make foreigners pay, but of course the money is seldom collected and many cannot afford it.

I disagree with you about corbyn being too radical. A lot of it really is what labour did under blair and the brexit pledge betrayal. People do not trust corbyn because of the brexit flip and he knows he hasn't been true to himself there. No way was he bigging up the eu over tea with tony benn. He politicked and it went wrong. Labour reduced the gap so people were listening before. Something happened and it was brexit. Plus fenster is right about that ira stuff, but i personally do not have issues with that.

And i have not sold out to anyone. All i want is what is good for britain and its interests. I do not gain anything and wish no harm.

based on common sense corbyn should run through these tories and get back the non voters and win in 2020. I also hope he will go hardcore once that happens. Maybe also inspire other normal people to become quite the same. Then destroy the tory ideology and have the kids of the country going around scaring eton schoolboys. It's class warfare, classic tory style. They thrive on class warfare, just laugh if labour ever did really get serious with their schools. It should happen.
    sold

out
    Sobered and grown up.

I think some of Corbyn's manifesto was decent, but parts of it zany. Votes for 16 year olds. Murder of formed babies. Minimum wage far too high. No consideration of British workers or welfare by controlling migration. And the contradictions on Brexit...not helped by interviews with leading members of his own party.

Corbyn still comes across as a gent, but the manifesto was odd and eccentric with some decent stuff in there economically as I don't like corporations not paying their share and things like that. He blew it on Brexit by selling out himself.

I maintain that he was a man trapped by his party and trapped by ideology. He would not compromise. If he had been true to people outside the London bubble I would have got it, but it was my experiences informed by working people in the North over a month long period that changed me. I haven't sold out, I just took the time to see it from the angle of the man on the railways. It was a different experience to my own. I had to see it first hand to get out of my own bubble.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

sold

out
    Sobered and grown up.

I think some of Corbyn's manifesto was decent, but parts of it zany. Votes for 16 year olds. Murder of formed babies. Minimum wage far too high. No consideration of British workers or welfare by controlling migration. And the contradictions on Brexit...not helped by interviews with leading members of his own party.

Corbyn still comes across as a gent, but the manifesto was odd and eccentric with some decent stuff in there economically as I don't like corporations not paying their share and things like that. He blew it on Brexit by selling out himself.

I maintain that he was a man trapped by his party and trapped by ideology. He would not compromise. If he had been true to people outside the London bubble I would have got it, but it was my experiences informed by working people in the North over a month long period that changed me. I haven't sold out, I just took the time to see it from the angle of the man on the railways. It was a different experience to my own. I had to see it first hand to get out of my own bubble.

SOLD OUT and signed up for the politics of resentment. Look at how between 85 and 99% of what you post always has to reference yourself as though you are a victim. You have to leave your room to get out of your bubble and you have admitted that very rarely happens unless you are going to work.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A complete wipe out.

Im not a Corbyn fan, but it's always important to have a strong opposition to any government.

For the Labour leadership to say it was all about Brexit (and blame the media) is totally facile. They need to have a long hard look at their electability.

Labour have turned into a party of the metropolitan elite. Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson canvassing voters in Islington didn't resonate with the working class guy in Blythe. They were INVENTED to represent the working person and have effectively lost their vote.

Their manifesto, radical as it was, was intended to please the existing party members who had moved significantly to the left. That's fine, but they forgot their voters. The loud, social media posting activists were totally outvoted by the silent majority.

To say that the voters were 'wrong' or 'stupid' is very arrogant and out of touch. There is a great wisdom in crowd decision making and they turned against Labour in droves. The party would do well to LISTEN to them to work out why.

I get the impression that many Momentum people and activist have not demonstrated great LISTENING skills. If you don't agree with them, you are wrong or racist or bigoted or whatever. The danger formthem isn't that they don't learn the lessons of this election disaster.

Winning elections - and governing - is always about compromise. Corbyn has never compromised in his life. I respect the courage of his convictions but that lack of 'give' and listening has made them unelectable.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sold

out
    Sobered and grown up.

SOLD OUT and signed up for the politics of resentment. Look at how between 85 and 99% of what you post always has to reference yourself as though you are a victim. You have to leave your room to get out of your bubble and you have admitted that very rarely happens unless you are going to work.

Was a victim sure, but it hasn't shaped the end product. I have a life Beanz, it is just that I don't tell you much about it.

Hard work and discipline pays off, it really does. At least it does for me and the people around me are the ones who get me and they do well too.. I couldn't ask for anything more. Winning not by money, but mentality.

Someone online said you are liberal at 20 because you have a heart, but you are conservative by 40 because you have grown. Kind of true.

You just haven't grown, Beanz. Still stuck as a permanent volatile spotty kid. And you were slaughtered. Live with it.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As being involved with unions in the past we new about Corbyn years back me and my mate in work were active in Union activitys.
    He was a communist and more interested in spouting bloody rubbish then a fervent member of CND a bloody idiot then nothing changes
    Shit it was a dark day he was made leader remember we had no faith then and it continued through two elections he could not beat two bloody hopeless PMs in May and Johnson.!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sold

out
    Sobered and grown up.

Was a victim sure, but it hasn't shaped the end product. I have a life Beanz, it is just that I don't tell you much about it.

Hard work and discipline pays off, it really does. At least it does for me and the people around me are the ones who get me and they do well too.. I couldn't ask for anything more. Winning not by money, but mentality.

Someone online said you are liberal at 20 because you have a heart, but you are conservative by 40 because you have grown. Kind of true.

You just haven't grown, Beanz. Still stuck as a permanent volatile spotty kid. And you were slaughtered. Live with it.

Your impression is just a projected fantasy of more resentment. It is like the stupid lie of me being some benefit scrounger that was spread by many here, even going to the trouble of privately messaging others to get them to believe it. I get why. People seek to invalidate empathy, and compassion and creativity because they often lack the imagination to understand how anyone can make a living by doing anything other than what you do. In fact you have gone further in seeking to cast public servants, decent hard working people like nurses and paramedics and firemen and teachers as somehow being inferior because they have chosen not to work in the private sector. That is a pretty big hump to carry around.

I was contacted by the picture editor of the Daily Mail last week, and stupid though it may seem to you, I had to turn the job down. Billionaire run papers like hers have so easily turned the heads of people who view the world like you do, and I did not want to be associated with that, even in a supplemental Sunday magazine. That i was in a position to do so is not evidence of being a permanent adolescent as you are suggesting ( that would be a bit weird after bringing up and putting two kids through school over 25 years and now helping to bring up my grandchildren) but rather an indication of quite how far i have managed to come, without having to resort to turning to the state to support me. I did not go to UNI after school like you, I did so as a parent and carer much later in life, at the same time as holding down a full time job. That allowed me the opportunity to do things that most people like me would have been told were impossible.When I got asked last week to come and sit on an industry panel at a local University to speak to the kids about my career and that is not the first mentoring i will have done. And that mentoring can't help but change you, the same as being a parent does.

The point is that the idea you must conform as you have, or and become a robot, that you have to take this route and then that means you cut off all over routes and avenues to explore is a lie. Life is not a journey. It is not a one way descent into hoarding everything and becoming the kind of old fart that seeks to remove the freedoms of the younger generations after you. It is a one off, a privilege to experience and fill with joy, something to PLAY , to waste it trying to blame other people for your own dissatisfaction is a criminal waste. At least Al seem happy with his posh meals. What do you have? the satisfaction of mocking modern plans to make Britain more like SK in many ways and the joy of cardigans?

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bye bye Magic Grandpa .....

Attached Images

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because someone holds down a job doesn't mean they have recovered from trauma, doesn't prove they are not fucked up psychiatrically, Miles. There a functioning schizophrenics holding high level positions worldwide for an example. You say it didn't effect the end product, but it did. You have more hangups than most people I know. So when you were 20-ish (and we were 40-ish) we had to listen to your sophomoric pontificating. So now you're 40-ish (and we are 60-ish) SO EXCUSE US IF IT IS ANNOYING TO HEAR YOU NOW SAY YOU HAVE MATURED, AND TO QUOTE A BANAL, TRITE, PAINFULLY OBVIOUS SAYING THAT WE ALREADY KNEW WHEN YOU WERE 20.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha X is pooping-up Britain, I can't comment on it, AND he's cracking me up with his last 10 memes.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sold

out
    Sobered and grown up.

Your impression is just a projected fantasy of more resentment. It is like the stupid lie of me being some benefit scrounger that was spread by many here, even going to the trouble of privately messaging others to get them to believe it. I get why. People seek to invalidate empathy, and compassion and creativity because they often lack the imagination to understand how anyone can make a living by doing anything other than what you do. In fact you have gone further in seeking to cast public servants, decent hard working people like nurses and paramedics and firemen and teachers as somehow being inferior because they have chosen not to work in the private sector. That is a pretty big hump to carry around.

I was contacted by the picture editor of the Daily Mail last week, and stupid though it may seem to you, I had to turn the job down. Billionaire run papers like hers have so easily turned the heads of people who view the world like you do, and I did not want to be associated with that, even in a supplemental Sunday magazine. That i was in a position to do so is not evidence of being a permanent adolescent as you are suggesting ( that would be a bit weird after bringing up and putting two kids through school over 25 years and now helping to bring up my grandchildren) but rather an indication of quite how far i have managed to come, without having to resort to turning to the state to support me. I did not go to UNI after school like you, I did so as a parent and carer much later in life, at the same time as holding down a full time job. That allowed me the opportunity to do things that most people like me would have been told were impossible.When I got asked last week to come and sit on an industry panel at a local University to speak to the kids about my career and that is not the first mentoring i will have done. And that mentoring can't help but change you, the same as being a parent does.

The point is that the idea you must conform as you have, or and become a robot, that you have to take this route and then that means you cut off all over routes and avenues to explore is a lie. Life is not a journey. It is not a one way descent into hoarding everything and becoming the kind of old fart that seeks to remove the freedoms of the younger generations after you. It is a one off, a privilege to experience and fill with joy, something to PLAY , to waste it trying to blame other people for your own dissatisfaction is a criminal waste. At least Al seem happy with his posh meals. What do you have? the satisfaction of mocking modern plans to make Britain more like SK in many ways and the joy of cardigans?

That’s odd the New York Times contacted me and I had to turn them down, it would take too big a bite out of my benefits check

Thread Information